MY team and whats been going on so far(possible spoilers)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MY team and whats been going on so far(possible spoilers

Postby Kimiko » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Yeah, they really made the increased resistance to ailments/bindings very prominent since EO3. EO4 has a reset resistances boost skill, but it's so costly that my basic strategy was to put points in all ailments and switch attacks as soon as one wears off. I do not like how unimportant ailments and bindings have become in boss battles.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Maybe If I had some damage in my team these fights would be so much easier. :D
Perhaps I should finally start my "team 2" with all the other classes that I have no idea off.

I could start subclassing my characters but because one cant change the sub class I haven't dared to do it yet. My Wildling is currently the only one that has a sub class: Zodiac, I have no idea if that was a good decission or not but eh, I was tired and finally got access to it so I just had to try out SOMETHING. ^^;

*edit*

also, I saw the "comet" or was it "meteor" spell and thought ... yeah I want that, I'm sure that one heck of a BEAST spell :D

but I ended up going for elemental spells still lol, might change that tho.

*edit2*

also a bit back to the bindings and so on, do they gain resistance to binds(and whatever status ailments) from that one certain source? Or overall resistance to all sources ?

If I decide to sub class my princess with buccaneer and take the head bind skill, would it have any affect? Or would it be useless after the frst succesfull head binding from my wildling?

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:20 pm

need to give a second readout it seems :O

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Looking back, I can see why everyone screamed at me for having a Farmer/Zodiac for my post-game shenanigans. Then again, he was paired up with a Zodiac/Monk, Yggdroid/Hoplite, and a Hoplite/Ninja. What could have possibly gone wrong with a Zodiac that could have helped us harness more EXP and also can help collect more items?

I somehow saw Wildling/Hoplite as a good combo, but people told me how Hoplite/Wildling is a better combo because of the Wildling's average defense. I still am sticking with it because Wild Mastery (so Call Lion can actually work with me.)

And Prince/Buccaneer, I put in skill points on Lady Luck, Rapier Mastery, and Hanging. Did I do it right?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 02, 2013 1:00 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

Finally finished the story mode bosses yesterday night. Kujura was kind of a dance in the park, meanwhile the princess of the deep(yeah, I went along with the king) was kind of annoying and I almost lost hope during my first fight against her.

I spent way too much TP on my healer while trying to keep my 5 man team alive, when she only had 20% of hp left, I ran out of nectars and decided to screw this, im not gonna ressurect my back row anymore, in order to save my last TP's, aaaand not a single fuck was given after that, its as if the boss almost became easier lol. I had plenty of therica a/b with me and maxed out the monk skill that takes all binds and the one that takes all status ailments from whole team so my only problem was that i had enough TP to heal my members. >.<

So far I'v succesfully carried on my "tradition" of defeating all story mode bosses on the first try, although I doubt thats nothing to be too proud off. :P

With these "who's side are you on" things are kinda annoying, now I have to start new game at some point to see the other ending and get access to that one other locked class as well. >.<

Oh well, not gonna start new game before I have defeated the end game boss.

Mole-chan I....

63 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”