Theorycraft: Bucanneer/Zodiac for Dungeoning

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Theorycraft: Bucanneer/Zodiac for Dungeoning

Postby KitsuKitsu » Thu May 23, 2013 3:41 am

So I'm progressing decently now in EO3, and the thought just crossed my mind: What if I were to may a Bucanneer/Zodiac, focusing only on Zodiac skills while using the Bucanneer main for Trickster for insane sustain in dungeon? I understand that the damage will be weaker due to lower tech and lack of ether mastery, but for the amount of star spamming it can do while traversing the dungeons to abuse ALL the weaknesses... It may be something to think about.

Of course, Zodiacs do have high TP themselves. It's just that their TP recovery is god awful, and you can find yourself in a pinch when it inevitably runs out. Etheric Return is almost completely worthless given how high the TP costs for Zodiacs can end up going with high spell levels.

It's just a thought, so :P

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Theorycraft: Bucanneer/Zodiac for Dungeoning

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 23, 2013 3:53 am

Ninja/Zodiac

Dark Ether Spam

The End!

In all seriousness though, it seems like a poor idea. The damage output from the stars will be pretty low and the Buccaneer will more likely get more mileage from Pincushion. The random encounters in EO3 are the easiest in the series, so you only really need normal attacks to push them aside... or run away... like I always do >_>

Also Amritas. They don't cost much and are easy to create, there's little reason to not use them.

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Theorycraft: Bucanneer/Zodiac for Dungeoning

Postby Dangerus » Thu May 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Interesting. I had a Buccaneer/Zodiac but I never really used that before! He mainly only used Volt attacks and he had focus on rapier moves to complement his sister, the Buccaneer/Ninja, who uses guns.

I tried to do a similar thing with Farmer/Zodiac. A lot of people got mad at me about it.

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”