Arbalist/Zodiac for endgame (99 Tec)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arbalist/Zodiac for endgame (99 Tec)

Postby KitsuKitsu » Mon May 27, 2013 9:48 pm

I was thinking about this, and needed to know if Giant Kill only affected physical damage, or that it affected magical damage as well. I was thinking of running Arbalist/Zodiac as my mage for this reason (and the fact that books have no limits in this game) for my level 99 retire. Of course, the downside is that Arbalist has really crappy natural TP, and even with maxed TP up it might not be able to support itself even at high levels. So I was thinking about whether I should really run this or not.

Oh yeah, and I was also thinking about this after I saw someone do it in a video: Arbalist/Gladiator that uses a Mace for Nine Smashes. Arbalist gets the best damage passive in the game, and Proper Form lets it connect most of its otherwise inaccurate hits with Nine Smashes. Of course, it loses the ability to Double Action, and the damage isn't as reliable as Front Mortar (382% or 764% average 496.6% with maxed Double Action vs 180% - 810%, average 495%). I suppose the Ukonvasara's stats are better (HP for front lining vs Arbalist's already super high hit) than the Ame no Makagoyumi, and it also sports 3 more attack... Mace has that -4 speed modifier too, though. Well, both Crossbow and Mace variants are pretty strong. I'd like to know if anybody has the experience as to which setup is stronger.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Arbalist/Zodiac for endgame (99 Tec)

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 28, 2013 3:38 am

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 pm

I got an AZ for Singularity so elemental Arms can buff it to whatever and then Giant Killing and Singularity can do weirdly high auto-attack damage to foes or big mobs with an elemental weakness, especially on a crit. I don't think it's the best long term solution but it's okay for a back line Arbalist who doesn't want to spend tp till it's necessary.

Didn't even know A's could equip clubs though

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 pm

It's worth noting that Singularity does trigger off of physical element (slash/stab/crush) weaknesses.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:29 pm

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:24 am

This opens up a world of new possibilities. I figured it might be the case that if you got a mastery, you could use the weapons, but never risked it to test it.

Now my ZA can do a weak ass auto attack from the back rank when they're OOM

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”