Godslaying Class Combos

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1 post [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Godslaying Class Combos

Postby KitsuKitsu » Fri May 31, 2013 5:13 am

Approaching Abyssal God now, and thinking over the battle strategy for handling him.

So far, I've seen some pretty effective combos, but I'd like to bring a few interesting ones (Carry, ofc) out to light.

Arbalist/Gladiator, Zodiac/Gladiator (or Gladiator/Zodiac; both work depending on if you want TP or HP more, though I'd prefer Zodiac/Gladiator personally), and one of my personal favourites, Gladiator/Monk

Let's start with the buffs. I'll be assuming that each character will be attempting to max themselves out on the best buffs possible. This will be Berserker Vow, Attack Order, and Bravant, for a modifier of 145% x 145% x 190%. Given the long setup time that Abyssal God gives you to prepare to own up his ass, this is pretty easy to achieve. Next, Abyssal God debuffs. Assuming Abyssal God takes a Primal Drums and Eagle Eye debuff, that'll be 135% x 130% more damage for your carry crew. Alright, cool cool. Also, all 3 classes will use weapons with similar attack values (199, 202, and 202). The next part is where the good stuff shows up.

Arbalist/Gladiator is pretty straightforward stuff; Giant Kill (155%) is the best passive modifier in the game, and Front Mortar deals crazy damage while having a 30% chance of activating Double Action. Overall, with all the mentioned buffs, debuffs, and Charge, the per hit will be 10 793%... With a maximum of 21 586%, averaged to 14 031% given Double Action's 30% activation rate. That's pretty crazy stuff, yo.

What comes after is even crazier.

Zodiac/Gladiator or Gladiator/Zodiac... Same buffs and debuffs, and a weaker passive (125% either way). So what makes this guy stand out? What stands out is that Abyssal God takes 200% from all elemental attacks... Which means Singularity procs. Oh, Etheric Charge gets a 300% modifier compared to Charge's 260%. And Zodiac/Gladiator has a means of utilizing both Berserker Vow and the elemental boosts at the same time; Freezing Blow. Sup. Say hello to a 15 774% modifier. This figure is unchanged given all the buffs and debuffs are placed, so you have a very steady, very high damage multiplier coming in from this guy. I saw a video of a Zodiac/Gladiator hitting 23k a shot on Abyssal God!

Last, but definitely not least, and one of my favourite combos, is Gladiator/Monk. It's a really cool combo, and I have a thing for people beating other people down with their fists (even if I'm actually cheating by utilizing the monk glitch...) and after doing the math, I learned that this combo is actually crazy viable for various reasons. Given, once again, the same buffs and debuffs, Gladiator/Monk will receive a 125% passive boost, but that's not the cool part. The cool part is that, once again, Abyssal God is weak to all the elements with a 200% modifier. And guess what Gladiator/Monk has? Breakfire Fist baby. Doing the math once again, I found out that given the same constants given above (with Charge too, ofc), Monk deals 4 557% per hit with Breakfire fist. Oh wait, Breakfire Fist hits 2-5 times. This means that the damage range is in fact 9 114% to 22 785% with Gladiator/Monk and maxed boosts (along with the fact that G/M can have a silly high attack Ukonvasara and still utilize Breakfire Fist), with an average of 15 949% (assuming that maxed Breakfire Fist's average damage is 350%, or that it hits an average of 3.5 times per shot). Woah, what?! Highest average damage of the 3 sets, and the highest maximum damage potential?! Keep in mind this set can also deal the lowest possible damage of the 3 sets, but it is of course also incredibly dangerous.

So to sum things up...

Arbalist/Gladiator with Front Mortar's ideal damage range is 10 793% - 21 586%, with an average of 14 031%.
Zodiac/Gladiator or Gladiator/Zodiac with Freezing Blow's ideal damage will deal a constant 15 774%
Gladiator/Monk with Breakfire Fist's ideal damage range is 9 114% - 22 785%, average 15 949%.

Note: In none of these calculations did I add in masteries. Maybe I should have, but meh.

Based on this, it seems as though ideally Arbalist/Gladiator is in fact the weakest of this set, with Gladiator/Monk being the strongest. Of course, there are other factors to consider as well, such as the classes' other uses.

Arbalist/Gladiator has strong crowd control options with its elemental barrages, and has really good accuracy that might even prevent blind from crippling you at all (although it's rare in the late game). In addition, it can also utilize a Nine Smashes set very strongly, as Proper Form alleviates for Nine Smashes' crappy accuracy as well. Also, Arbalist/Gladiator is also the strongest set when the enemy does not have a weakness; both the following sets, for their maximum DPS, rely on abusing the enemy's weakness for their full effect.

Zodiac/Gladiator is a multi purpose utility class, in that it can also Dark Ether your mates, has access to Binaries for crowd control, and can even act as a surrogate Hoplite with the prophecies. Very cool stuff.

Gladiator/Monk has very interesting abilities. Not being able to properly heal its allies, it prides itself on other things. For one, Waking Chakra means that it will get out of status and binds really fast, which is actually more handy than you'd imagine. For two, with maxed Ascetic Deeds, Gladiator/Monk will heal with every action it performs, becoming a surrogate tank what with its insane HP and acceptable defense (although Gladiator/Monk needs to sacrifice a piece of armor in order to utilize its fist skills). In addition, it also has decent crowd control with Darkness Fist, which can also cause the interesting Curse status.

All of the sets are really really cool, and can be great in Godslaying (without Warrior's Might). Of course, be prepared to dish out the support in these situations, and remember to use the Bravants!

I'm planning my Godslaying party to be something like this...

Front: G/M H/N Z/G
Back: W/B M/P

Hoping it works ;)

1 post [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”