Small "fun" fact of some of the legendary items

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Small "fun" fact of some of the legendary items

Postby heprea » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm

So, I'v been looking around a bit about the items a bit and few items took my attention:
#1 Joukahainen bow
#2 Ukonvasara

Now, before I say anything about these two items, I am well aware that many of the items are taken from different mythologies, stories and so on.

But, seeing how I'm from Finland, and we tempt to love the attention we get and we always want to bring it up to everyone so eh... here I am to tell you a little bit of these two items.

Joukahainen: A character from Kalevala, a national epic of Finland. Joukahainen challenged the "hero" character of the book called Väinämöinen into a duel, which he lost. Väinämöinen sent him into a swamp with by singing (yes, BY SINGING), fearing that he would die, he made a deal with Väinämöinen and promised to give his sister to him, if Väinämöinen would save him from the swamp, and so he did.

The sister however, was not pleased with this and ended her own life because of this. Furious and sad of this loss, as a revenge Joukahainen shot an arrow at väinämöinen that ended up throwing him into the ocean.

Ukonvasara: Ukko Ylijumala(Ukko the Overgod would be translated name) is a Finnish pagan god that was the god of thunder and weather. Ukko is often times associated with the finnish word "perkele" which is often times translated as "the devil" in english or "satan".

Ukko was a feared and respected "god".

The whole name seems to be in Finnish for some reason, unlike with the Joukahainen BOW, the name of the ukonvasara in english would "Ukko's Hammer" or so.

So yeah, like I said, we like to go talking all this stuff when something from our tiny country gets mentioned somewhere so uh... sorry about this. :<
I just had to mention about this somewhere. >_<;

Also, if there are other Finnish members over here and thinks I'v said something wrong, feel free to correct my mistakes :D
Old pagan gods and kalevala isnt all _that_ good in my head. :<

Mole-chan I....

Kimiko
Manticor

Re: Small "fun" fact of some of the legendary items

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:57 am

Wow, thanks for the explanation :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 pm

O.O Wow. And where do you get these items?

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I should probably explain what I mean with the word "legendary", basically the best weapon/armor of each type = legendary. So they aren't really anything all _that_ epic. :P

I'm not sure what monsters drop these items but:
Joukahainen bow: Dimension disc (all I can say that its one of the endgame monsters)
Ukonvasara: thunder horn (Dragon maybe?)

Happy to see positive reactions on this! :D

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:17 pm

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”