Yggdroids

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
igniz13
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yggdroids

Postby igniz13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:41 pm

So I've just made it to the 4th Strata and unlocked the Yggdroid in the process, but they're a very confusing class.

I want to make an offensive front line Yggdroid, but my frontline will then be a little packed for droids.

Series of questions.

1) Are Droid attacks reduced by being on the rear line?
2) Do droids attack with the Element of their kind (e.g. Red attack with fire).
3) If you cast Dark Ether on a Droid, does it never run out of TP and therefore chases?
4) Is a Y/B focusing on chases completely stupid?
5) What are good subclass options for offensive Yggdroid?
6) What are the Yggdroids like statistically as they level? (e.g. do they have high hp or tp? low speed? etc.)

My other ideas are for an unarmed YM, a club using YG or even bettter, a front line YA or YZ who can cause bots to chase their own spells, but I need to see if their Str or Tec would be up for the job.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Yggdroids

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:08 am

Last edited by Wolkenritter on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:35 am

Wolkenritter hit the nails on the head already, but I wanted to contribute another build in response to question 5:

I've heard talk of Ygg/Monks being a thing (which you mentioned being one of the builds you considered), but I've not tried it personally since I sort of hate the yggdroid class altogether, and have never used monks for anything but support.

From what I remember though, you use 9 ranks in the Yggdroid's Overheat ability to gain 40% damage at the expense of 89hp, and offset the damage through a maxed out Ascetic Deeds (which restores 90hp). I guess Breakfire Fist with the mace exploit would hurt pretty badly with a constant 40% bonus damage.

Actually, Ygg/Glad (another of your considerations) would probably be better since it'd have access to Charge and Berserker Vow, but you'd have to be able to either offset the damage of Overheat with some other source of recovery or not use it (and if you're not using it, you're just playing a gimped Gladiator, since the Glad main would have a passive 25% damage bonus from Endless Battle)

Overall, they don't seem worthwhile besides novelty. HP Cannon scales poorly and the chases require open slots which would be better filled with more viable and consistent sources of damage. Their TP is poor and their built-in tp-recovery is wonky.

Hope any of that helped!

edit: wait, can ygg/monk even wield maces? Maybe just fists. Hm.
Last edited by isometric on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:06 am

Another answer to question 5: Hoplites.

Y/H is a hoplite god. Easily hits the HP cap with at least 9 levels in HP up, and can tank hits like nothing else. The higher your level the more ridiculous it gets.

Their low TP can be combated as you progress in the game, and hoplites skills are relatively inexpensive and should not hinder you. (Just bring some Amritas, you'll be fine. Amritas can be obtained from the Take point on floor 6 if I remember right.) Max Infravision and Virus Scanner, and take nothing else from the yggdroid tree. Then proceed to dump the remaining bulk into HP up, TP up, and Hoplite skills.

I post this build a lot, because I absolutely love it:
Retired at 50
Y
Infravision Max
Virus Scanner Max

Common
HP up Max (Only put this to 9 if not retired, you'll still reach 999 health)
TP up Max

H
Line Guard Max
Bodyguard 1
Shield Mastery 5
Spear Mastery 1
All Anits(Cold/Fire/Volt) Max
Vigilance 5 (Don't put any in this if not retired)
Provoke Max
Parry Max
Magic Parry Max

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am

Windywalk
Ragelope

Postby Windywalk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 pm

What's Droid/Princess?
There's no guide about this class with subclass.

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:01 pm

I tested a YG and a YZ. The YZ got quickly dumped for a YA as the Tech and TP growth on a YZ is just too weak. There might be some potential there, but i'm not waiting for it.

The YG is going okay so far, not sure how it'll compare to a G? but we'll see.

I think there's some potential with an autoattacking YB, pincushion would be under useful due to the low agi, but swashbuckling and an elemental weapon, backed up by a droid seems like it could work.

Another interesting thing about YM or YG is that droid death activates passives that work on ally deaths. So a YG with Avenger can just have a level 1 droid and if it dies, you get healed. Whereas a YM has TP returned when their droid dies.

YM seems like a solid plan, though sadly, the random attacking nature of breakfire fist is something I want to avoid (I have a Gladiator already doing that).

I don't see YP working, RR and overheat will conflict, there's no masteries to benefit from so your robot will be slapping people with books or knives.

All the secret classes seem a little lacklusture, though I gather Shogun's can do amazing things, they're just not that appealing.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:39 pm

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Seems with Y's, everyone gets these basic passives for survival and then subs into something else and uses their skills, benefiting from the Y's high str and vit.

Kinda wish Armoroad went a bunch of snooty chumps :\

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Just leaving that here:

Yggdroids are pretty cool and stuff, but they don't exactly fare well in your standard party. Solution: make a party of Yggdroids and have fun kicking some ass.

"The more laws and order are made prominent,
the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Laozi

Windywalk
Ragelope

Postby Windywalk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 pm

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”