Considering buying this, but...

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Considering buying this, but...

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 am

Alright, so, after the fateful day I played Etrain Odyssey 4's demo, I fell in love with the Etrian Odyssey series. And after beating 4, I felt the need to buy the first. I was about to buy the first, then I heard that it was being remade, so held off and pre-ordered Untold (Haven't beat it yet, but dang it its just as amazing as I would expect :D). So, the two games I would need now are Heroes of Lagaard, and The Drowned City. Seeing as Lagaard MIGHT be remade someday/sooner, i'm thinking about getting Drowned City first. Now, as I said, I've only played the 3DS games so far, and wanted to know, for someone who likes the 3DS version, would going to just DS be a very heavy transition, or is it pretty much the same, except the obvious graphical downgrade?

-Cough-, Sorry if it doesn't make sense or is a dumb question. :P
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Considering buying this, but...

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:04 am

Yeah, you'll be pretty comfortable with EO3 since EO4 is pretty much a refined version of EO3's system. You should be able to get used to everything reasonably quickly.

If not well, you're free to ask around here. Many of us are willing to help out the greenhorns =)
Last edited by Wolkenritter on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks, definitely gonna get this next Friday then.

Might be sorta kinda a little off-topic on where I was trying to go with this, but I have two other questions that aren't really THAT big of a deal but i'd like them answered anyways:

1. I know that there are 3 endings based on who you side with, but I've been kinda conflicted on which to go for on my first run. Does anyone have a preference, or does it not matter much and I should just choose at random, or does it matter but I should choose based on who I sympathize more with when it finally comes to choose?

2. I've played tons of DS games on my 3DS and know that the analog stick does the same exact thing as the D-pad, so that means EO3 would be the first time I could move around with the analog stick. However, as far as I know, that means also you can't look around, a feature I found incredibly useful in EO4, and what I've played so far of Untold. Is there still a way to look around, or do I just have to deal with it?

Thanks for answering and stuff, both in advance and for the people who answered my other question. :)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Here's the rundown on what each route gives you. Shogun is flatout superior to Yggdroids, however IMO the Protect the Gatekeeper route has the easier bosses of the two.

~ Defeat the Gatekeeper route ~
- Unlocks the Shogun class
- 4th strata boss gives you Book of Law (ATK+99, 4 TP, 2 empty forge slots) and the Ninja-exclusive Dark Attire (DEF+97, 1 AGI slot, 1 LUC slot and 1 SPD slot).
- 5th strata boss gives you the Durandal sword (ATK+170, 2 STR slots, 2 VIT slots) and the Yggdroid exclusive Carbide Armor (DEF+129, 1 Cut slot, 1 Pierce slot, 1 Bash slot)
- Completing the game gets you the Armoroad Emblem (+100 HP, +5 all stats).

~ Protect the Gatekeeper route ~
- Unlocks the Yggdroid class
- 4th strata boss gives you the Gorm Glas rapier (ATK+112, 2 plague slots, 1 empty slot) and the Ameno Makagoyumi crossbow (ATK+199 3 TP slots and 3 HIT slots).
- 5th strata bosses gives you the Prince exclusive Royal Brynie (DEF+130, 2 HP slots, 2 TP slots) and the Youtou Nihiru katana (ATK+150, 4 curse slots)
- Completing the game gets you the Deep City Medal (+100 TP, +5 all stats)

~ True Ending ~
- 5th strata boss gives you the Almagest tome (ATK+115, 3 TEC, 2 TP)

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks again. One last question I forgot to post popped to mind just a second ago, don't worry, it'll be my last. :P

Can you still do that thing that you can do in the EO4 and Untold where you can use the auto-move thing to make a circle, put a rock on the A button, and walk away while your party grinds by itself in EO3? I mean, I'm pretty okay with grinding, but being able to do that in the 3DS games really helped me save time and stuff. (Heck, I'm even doing on Untold as I'm posting this!)

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Yes.

Yes. You can.

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”