Party Help, Advice, Ect.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Party Help, Advice, Ect.

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:47 am

Ok, so far in the game, i'm at the near end of the second stratum, when you fight . Saddly, I got massacred by that thing, and got reaaaaaly mad cause I found three different chests earlier and now I have to find 'em again.

Anyways, because of the proportions of my failure, i'm rethinking my team set-up. I don't care if I have to train a whole bunch more charicters, cause I'm OK with grinding. Anyways, my team:

Prince (Mostly for healing, but I give him strong swords n' stuff)
Gladiator (Sword user, which may or may not have been a good idea)
Ninja (Accually pulls quite a bit of weight with her multiple attack spell thing, which I leveled to the fullest)
Buccaneer (Gun user, used to be really good, but now is starting to fall behind)
Monk (Can't even take two hits. I'm running out of Nectars!)

Anyways, advice, what should I change, how would you set it up, ect. All help is appreciated, and I thank you deeply in advance.

Also, sorry about any mispellings, writing on a 3DS is not easy.

Quick Edit: Also, if you need me to tell more about my charicters or something, tell me.
Last edited by sponge7325 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Liferake
Hunter

Re: Party Help, Advice, Ect.

Postby Liferake » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:58 am

M/P/G
N/B

Hm. Not something I would of thought of, since after the 2nd stratum you could probably make this work pretty well.

Later on, the M/P combination will become either good redundant or bad redundant later on. Having both is valuable though, so don't bench these characters yet.

I personally find Gs to be rather lackluster, though it fits in fine with the current team.

Where you're gonna have to replace something is one of you're last two. Both N and B, while very good classes, are very supporty and not as damagy. B's access to a defense debuff as well as good end-tier skills in swashbuckling and Pincushion are very nice, while ninjas class skill and variety of roles also makes it very nice. Sadly though, you will need to replace one of them.

I will recommend 2 potential replacements:

1: Zodiac (Will allow you do do elemental damage easily, Good damage dealer) [special note: Ethric Charge + Hellfire = Hilarious.]

2: Hoplite (Will allow you to safely protect the other members of your team via bodyguard in dire moments, and allows you to do some in general very defense-oriented work. Good to have around.) [special note: DO NOT invest in the spear attacking skills]

Your team looks good otherwise, even without knowing too much of the details. However, its very easy to make mistakes so if you have more issues in the future just ask us again, we may need to find out more details next time. My suggestion is only to help you progress through the main game, post game is its own monster that while doable with many teams, some main game clearing teams can't handle it as easily.

And if you feel like you can do it with your current members, you probably can: grind them maybe two more levels or so. Now that you know where the Abyssal death event takes place, you can avoid confrontation with it until you are ready.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Re: Party Help, Advice, Ect.

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Alright, I rested my Ninja and Buccaneer into Combat Study/Chop(Or Take, or Mine) state and replaced them with a Zodiac and Hoplite. Here's how my team is now:

P/H/G
Z/M

Even though they are still in the process of catching up level-wise to my Prince, Gladiator, and Monk, I can see that the Zodiac and Hoplite will fit very well in my team. I'll probably also rest my Gladiator soon to be more club-based sooner or later too.

Anyways, thanks for the advice so far, guys. If anyone else wants to give any more advice, i'd be grateful.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”