Alright let's make Blitz Command work

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alright let's make Blitz Command work

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:39 am

Righty so I'm back. I tried coming up with a blitz command party that would outdo my very first party, but near the end I hit a very obvious snag. Writeup in the spoiler, train-of-thought style and unedited since I'm sort of disappointed with my results near the end there.

Feel free to point out any mistakes I made in the math and suggest better setups. The goal was to beat my first party, which I did by a HUGE margin, but it had nothing to do with the actual Blitz Command in the end.

tl;dr -- Making the whole party blitz is less damage than a single gun-user with agi books, even ignoring subclassing.

edit: first obvious mistake was adding the 55% arbalist passive on my 2xB/N. It should be 3138.2% instead of 4110.6% total party output, assuming all things equal (which they never are -- weapon types deal more or less damage than one another etcetera).

Also, I got too lazy near the end to actually figure in the elemental forges in the Blitz Command's final damage %. It might have been higher.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Re: Alright let's make Blitz Command work

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 am

the forges might be rather negligible depending on who its coming from -coughcough singularity cough cough-

and in your setup, since we're running around with guns and crossbows, fullisade works the same, except with said weapons only and is cheaper, which would free up SOME skill points for possibly more into limit boost and pump out more limit buffs(lethal+lady luck?) or damage... heck, maybe even into fore honor if you have buff room/want a "better" knighthood. this would be if we're following your 1 man blitz...."fuel"isader... i dunno how much more deeps you could squeeze out of it though

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:05 am

I don't even know what to do anymore. "Why don't you just shoot him?" keeps coming to mind now, lol.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 am

its fine xD
(spoilerd for wall of text)

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:51 am

im not sure if lady luck would proc with or not, but it can crit through lethal order.... so i can only figure crits are a possibility

and yeah, you could feasably drop a bit of damage for a hoplite or zodiac for anti-element damage somewhere but it would drop the multiplier by 5 for the loss of a blitz

this turned from "is this a thing?" into "just how worth it IS this?"

......what have i done?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:05 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 am

dont care. still trying it. i just.... dont wanna grind again. its certainly worth a consideration if you wanted a more "legit" new game plus (restarting at lvl 1 with all the class unlocks) it clearly is more suited/powerful with lower modifiers involved

but its still a cool gimmick.. i mean look at that is clearly blitz in action

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:14 am

decided to blitz through an emu file (saves and cheats and whatnot just to get up to my same point/level) and was able to 5 turn the wicked queen using buffs and was able to 3 turn (or 4 turn if inst-kill) the mortal hunters using the G / B / M / A / N setup (lvl 43 at the time of testing) due to no retirement i was a bit strapped for SP so didnt have quite enough points for masteries either

-G averaged 200ish (w/sword... mightve averaged better with a mace maybe?never got to successfully pump out a berserver vow. the fight always ended... math would suggest~300?)
-B averaged 130ish (didnt have a good rapier, splurged into katana mastery but couldnt be asked to grind money for a katana... it wouldve added~30ish atk)
-M averaged 130ish (front row beefy mace... still never stuffed buffing/healing)
-A averaged 350ish (giant kill, this dropped to 180ish at low health, but does that really count?)
-N averaged 100ish(150ish after 2 turn setup)
thats ~960 per blitz (varied on monster def. obvioulsy- ~4800 dmg per turn not counting having to account for buff/debuff/healing/etc. etc.)

ive found lady luck doesnt work with blitz BUT limit boost does (unless B has some innate limit boost)

i havent tested how Bloody Lance interacts with blitz and the thought crossed my mind, but bloody lance doesnt help much with bosses

didnt test lethal tactic either(or any tactic really)

Blitz works well for FILLING the limit gauge though... but dunno how useful that would end up being

practically speaking though it would probably be more worth it to forgo a blitzer (in my case the B) for a dedicated tank. it would lower the potential damage but would smooth out the buffing process so its smoother

TL;DR
Its a thing, but not all things are good things.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:30 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:40 am

fun stor about that actually... ive had that fishboss mace unlocked on my actual cart since subclassing
i actually went back and solod him with my P/N "tank" for his conditional back at like lvl 28... didnt need a formaldahaldehide
i could probably for farm some moneys and use a coupon for it... though my group is due for a retiring (SG / SG / MP / NZ / ZA)

but that was just testing with the numbers i was getting through laziness rather than messing around with my cart file xD

sooo yeah

i think it miht be good for limits only because you build limits for each action (WM builds a ton, too) but its still so... limiting for only "passable" damage it seems

BTW...... G/S WM vs N/S or S/N BUSHIN WM? probably a different topic but im here... would that be a thing? or is G/S just... THE thing?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 am

i HAVE actually done S/N it was my setup before S/G actually

a bushined S can chase the same attack... but not other chases

so every attack from shocaneer was chased twice

i dont know much about the endgame weapon atks, i was just under the impression that EOU left me... which was Katanas > Swords

cant forget S has Daifuhenshia too... its no BV, but its not like thers NO buff (45% is still WAAAY less, but its something)

...for your testing purposes... im fine with G/S, was just wondering about that other angle on it
basically 1 super chase vs 2 meh chases

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 am

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”