Run, Princess, run! (solo)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Molocheanhand
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Run, Princess, run! (solo)

Postby Molocheanhand » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Good day to you all. First time poster with a question to the veterans:

-Is there any combination of Princess/subclass that can be viable against both: the elemental dragons and the dark god?

I'll elaborate: after seeing the video of the princess/ninja beating the final boss in solo combat, I wanted to try a pure lonesome road for a princess (farmbot teams don't count). That means starting from level 1 all the way to 99 using whatever means necessary (recruiting and stripping guildmates to afford medicas, for example) but not outright cheating (no allocating 3 points to combat study until she can get on her feet from the residual experience leaking from the farmbot team). I can, more or less, survive 2 fanged fishes so, if anything, the first levels are doable through unholy ammounts of grinding.
The second question, of course, would be how to set up an hp/tp regen loop, in the same vein as the hoplite's recovery (my only solo experience so far), but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone has any build suggestions for experimentation or any suggestion at all.

Thank you very much for your time.

Chain
Ragelope

Re: Run, Princess, run! (solo)

Postby Chain » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am

Hey there,

I haven't played EO3 in quite some time so I'm afraid I can't be of much help right now with possible builds. I think that your biggest challenge (during the main game) will be the second boss. You lack damaging skills which means that you have to rely on limits and (buffed) normal attacks which leads to the following question: Will you be able to tank the damage for long enough?

The passive heals will do you little good in this fight, so it will have to come from buffs and items. Defence buff + regen buff and an item if/when necessary will make you last for quite a while, but if it will be enough I don't know, maybe you'll easily be able to make it and maybe not.

I think I'll try fighting the second boss on my new game + file and see what happens.

EDIT: I forgot that you need multiple people for the damaging limits, so scratch that.

Second edit: I just defeated Ketos with a lvl 70 princess who was wearing floor 8 gear. You should easily be able to defeat him.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Ketos will certainly be the main brick wall of your run. Since you can't subclass yet at this time, you'll have to rely on items to heal binds and always get Prevent Order up to avoid ailments from its strongest attacks.

Damage should be ok with Ad Nihilo and weapon enchants, since Ketos is weak to fire.

For post-game, Princess-Ninja would certainly be the best combination (nearly everything + Ninja is viable in this game). Princess-Hoplite can also be good against dragons, I think.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:35 pm

another INTERESTING idea (not necessarily a GOOD idea mind you, but an interesting one) is subclassing Wildling for a wimpy little beast...
by having max Nature pact. it has a 50% chance to kill off your beast and fully heal your wildling when they get killed. not foolproof by any means, but still... 50% chance safety net. (unless im REALLY reading that wrong)
plus if youre pretty much done with your princess skills, you could run roar for the attack debuff. or heck, even max out a beast. they might be alot less effective than Wildling main, but the affictions might still stick.

......or just offer another target when you need it.

i dunno. its an idea

i dont know how well using the Arms skills 50% resist will help against the dragons

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”