Should I Pickup EOIII Soon?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Naya
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Should I Pickup EOIII Soon?

Postby Naya » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:40 am

I've never played the original DS games. And I hate the puzzle parts of EOIV like the Echoing Library's watchdog FOEs that activate others and don't perma-die and the whole boiling lizard dungeon. But I love the more expansive skill trees. Also the theme and classes of EOIII sound really interesting. Is it too old school and difficult to get into before it's remade? Or is it a huge step up from the first two which I've heard, are just crazy difficult and ridiculous compared to the 3DS entries?

sponge7325
Killclaw

Re: Should I Pickup EOIII Soon?

Postby sponge7325 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:31 pm

I'd say if you can spare the money for it, you should totally get it. It's not as hard as the original first and second games but can still be very challenging (Though if you can beat EO4 on it's normal difficulty then you should be able to do EO3, imo), and a lot of the game holds up really well against it's 3DS counterparts, so I'd say you should go for it. Plus, I doubt that it's getting an Untold version anytime soon, so getting just the original is recommendable if you're interested in it.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Naya
Ragelope

Postby Naya » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:10 pm

I may get it then. Although I'm guilty of finding EOIV crazy hard at times to even get to a boss with dungeon puzzles and switching to "casual" to get unstuck. And I know I can't do that in III lol

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:48 am

Well i cant recall anything super confusing or frustrating in eo3. not that i recall, but i havent played it in a good while now, so im probably not the best judge on THAT....

I'm in the same boat as sponge here. since eo2u is so new, it will probably be some time before an eo3u is even teased. plus i have a feeling it'd be racing with an eo5. ultimately its your money, but if youre waiting, it MIGHT be quite a while.

as far as overall difficulty, 3 has a few distinct parts i had issues with, but i wouldnt say any of them were any harder than 4.
heck as far as "puzzles" in EO are concerned, 4 was the only one with a dungeon that legitimately stumped me, puzzle-wise

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:22 pm

If you want to play 3, I would say get it now. If you're waiting for 3U that wait could be 3-4 years from now and that's on the assumption that 2U's reception in Japan didn't kill plans for it. As for FOE puzzles, 3 definitely has them in all the stratums, but they're not overly complicated (at least I don't consider them to be).

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”