Team help

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Team help

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:50 am

I will grind up some levels in the near future since i cant defeat the fourth stratum boss of the yggdrasil route. What im asking for is some help on which skills i should place my skill points on. My team is the following:
Front line:
Yggdroid sub arbalist:
Sleep mode lv. 10
Data mining lv. 7
Overheat lv. 4
Em barrier lv. 4
Red bot lv. 2
Blue bot lv. 1
Yellow bot lv. 1
Resupply lv. 2
All out lv. 3
Defrag lv. 3
Rocket punch lv. 1
Rocket head lv. 1
Rocket jump lv. 1
Bolt mastery lv. 1
Night vision lv. 1
Pop flares lv. 3
Smoke grenade lv. 3
hoplite sub princess:
Guardian lv. 3
Shield mastery lv. 7
Spear mastery lv. 4
Recuperate lv. 2
Parry lv.5
Magic parry lv.5
Line guard lv. 5
Antifire lv. 3
Anticold lv. 2
Antivolt lv. 2
Bodyguard lv. 1
Switch stab lv. 1
Shrug off lv. 3
Provoke lv. 5
Attack order lv. 1
Guard order lv. 1
Fire arms lv. 1
Freeze arms lv. 1
Shock arms lv. 1
back line:
princess sub monk
Royal lineage lv.1
Royal veil lv. 10
Triumphant cry lv. 5
Monarch march lv.5
Reinforce lv. 5
Nobility proof lv. 4
Attack order lv. 5
Guard order lv. 6
Fire arms lv. 1
Freeze arms lv. 1
Regal radiance lv. 2
Ad nihilo lv. 2
Prevent order lv. 2
Rally order lv. 1
Negotation lv. 1
Inspire lv.2
monk sub zodiac:
Form qi lv. 1
Ascetic reward lv. 3
Blood return lv. 2
Healing lv. 5
Full heal lv. 10
Line heal lv. 6
Party heal lv. 5
Refresh lv. 2
Unbind lv. 2
Resurrect lv. 5
Fire mastery lv. 2
Ice mastery lv. 3
Volt mastery lv. 5
Fire star lv. 1
Ice star lv. 1
Volt star lv. 1
Binary thunder lv. 1
Dark ether lv. 3
arbalist sub zodiac:
Giant kill lv. 4
Bolt mastery lv. 7
Heavy shot lv. 1
Snipe lv. 1
Strafe lv. 1
Fire barrage lv. 7
Ice barrage lv. 4
Volt barrage lv. 4
Fire mastery lv. 6
Ice mastery lv. 6
Volt mastery lv. 6
Fire star lv. 1
Binary fire lv. 1
Binary ice lv. 1
Binary thunder lv. 1
Dark ether lv. 1
Tp up lv. 1
I would be grateful if you could help me! Thanks in advance.
update:i beat the boss!
Last edited by X1faceplamcombo on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Roses are red, violets are blue
Im not a really big fan of tofu
But what i do love is jenetta, my adorable bunny waifu"
Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...
Drunken bunny waifu theme:

Myssdii
Fenrir

Re: Team help

Postby Myssdii » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 am

Hi !

When I first look to your team, I thought "wow, you got pretty much the same compo as my own team". It's been a while since I've picked-up the game, and my run is on stand-by for now (until I finish EO2U), but I can give you some advice on how to work with what you have :)

Hoplite : Well, not much to say on Hoplites, they don't need a particular subclass to shine at their work. For my part I use Hoplite/Monk for the Monk's passives on health regen and ailment recovery (Ascetic Deeds and Waking Chakra), but Hoplite/Princess works fine too as an extra support unit if you don't need to spam the Hoplite shield skills every turn. Invest on the shield skills you need, and that's pretty much it ;)
Hoplite/Ninja is also a well known combination for being able to use Line Guard on both lines, but with your compo, you'll need the extra team-slot for something else, so I'd say no for this one.

Yggdroid : Ah, I love the Ygg's design so much, but they're really hard to work with. Yggdroid/Arbalist is a good combo, as Yggdroid/Gladiator too, but you need to invest on other skills, as bots are useless unless you have at least 3 free spots in your team (which you don't have).
So instead, you need at least 4 skills from Yggdroid's tree : Sleep Mode, Rocket Headbutt, Rocket Jump and Overheat (don't invest too much on this last one, or else your Ygg will suffer too much damages). With these, keep your legs and head bound, so you can recover TP with Sleep Mode (at level 10, it's 10 TP per bind, so 20 TP per turn). Overheat will increase your damages.
For other skills, pick them up from your subclass' tree. For Arbalist, take Front Mortar as it will be your best skill in the front line, and Double Action.
Passives like Proper Form (Arbalist) and/or Infravision (Yggdroid) will increase your accurancy.

Monk : Monk/Princess will be an overall better healer than Monk/Zodiac (which passives and active skills don't contribute to healing or preventing bad things to happen to your team). Form Qi + Protect Order is absurd in term of passive healing, it's the best healing power of all the game (and probably of all EO games, it's that much broken). Take Prevent Order, Princess passive healings and other Monk's skills depending on your needs.

Before I talk about the last two, I'll explain to you how a particular Princess skill works : Regal Radiance. It involves two characters : the Princess and the Emitter, which is the character you target with the elemental Arms buff and Regal Radiance.
RR (Regal Randiance) damages will depend on the Emitter's attack power, and all buffs the Emitter holds will impact RR's damages (charge skills, elemental buffs, etc...). The Princess is actually not involved in RR's damages.
Now, what we do with your last two members : we make your Arbalist/Zodiac an Emitter, while your Princess will be involved in setting it up.

Princess : The optimal way would be to retire your character so you can have a Ninja/Princess. Princess/Ninja can work, but she's less TP-efficient than the other way around because you don't have Keburi No Sue.
Max-up Keburi No Sue and Regal Radiance, then take Bunshin. You don't need to max-up the elemental Arms skill, so put only one point in them. Ad Nihilo is also a skill you want to have against some bosses, so you might as well take it on this Princess. When you have all this, invest points on dodging skills and Karuwaza from the Ninja's tree to regain TP.

Arbalist/Zodiac : You'll absolutely need Etheric Charge and Singularity from the Zodiac's tree and Giant Kill from the Arbalist Tree. Pretty much everything else are filler skills : elemental Mastery are meh passives as their buff is not really relevant (merely 11% even maxed out...), but it's still good to take if you have free points. Barrage skills are fillers if you have a free turn where you're not spamming Etheric Charge, or if you run out of TP or your Ninja/Princess (which shouldn't happen, but well, it still can).
Do not take Zodiac's damage skills, you do not have the TEC and TP pool to do anything with them, and there're also extremely weak.

Against random encounters, simply use the optimal Arm buff on your Arbalist/Zodiac while he/she uses Etheric Charge, then use Regal Radiance on next turn. If enemies have an elemental weakness, they're pretty much sure to die (or at least low enough so your Yggdroid can finish them).
Against bosses and FOEs, you want to clone your Ninja/Princess on first turn (use your Hoplite to protect her while doing so), your Arbalist must use Etheric Charge. Then, you can simply spam each turn : elemental Arm with first Ninja, RR with second (Arm will always go before RR because of skill priority), and Etheric Charge with Arbalist.
RR damages if it hits an elemental weakness are extremely high (higher that what a main Zodiac can do), so it will be your main damage dealer. The Yggdroid is mainly here for supporting damages, while your Hoplite and your Monk protect everyone.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Ah.. Thanks :wink: . I rested my whole team except the princess, which i retired. I tried out the tactic on some weaker bosses and it worked absolutely awesome, clocking in at over 1000 damage. Thanks for the help! I really apprieciate it!
Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:06 pm

No problem ^^

Tell me how it goes later, I put my run down on the 4rd stratum, so I don't know how this strategy holds against later bosses. I think though you can handle the main game with it, and probably most post-game bosses, just not sure about the 6th stratum ultimate boss as those generally require special tactics.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 am

Shin should be relatively easy with your team. You need Prevent Order though, as that buff will make you immune to all of her status effects. Alternatively, if you've done Sea Quests, you can defeat the Manticore to get the Regroup Tactic limit skill which works a lot better than Prevent Order, but cannot stack with Protect Order. Keep in mind though, you should have Prevent Order as a backup in case Regroup Tactics does wear off.

With immunity to her ailments, she no longer becomes that huge of a threat. She uses Mist Cloak every 5th turn so keep Ad Nihilo ready. Cold Wave is her primary damage move, and it does ice damage, so having Anti-Ice will help. Her last move is Demon's Kiss which she starts using when she's below 50%, and starts using much more frequently as her HP gets lower. It does pierce damage, so equipping anyone with Stab Charms will reduce its damage.

Finally all her attacks are head based, so binding her head shuts down her entire moveset. Keep in mind though once you've inflicted it twice, it'll be impossible to do so again since her resistance to it will be insanely high.

EDIT: Oh dang, I misread that as I thought you had trouble with the 4th boss. Well... here it is anyway, recommended level is 38+ btw.

I'll post my own skill recommendations once I get back from my meeting.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:56 am

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 am

Yeah that does sound logical. I tried myssdiis team an it worked quite well. Now i just have to regain the lost levels. I think i will probably make it, so ill try when im done grinding!

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:53 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm

I looked at what skills you had and I thought, ohhhhhh... muddy. Points scattered everywhere.
Somewhat like what the other two have said, there's lots of different good choices among the game's classes and skills, but you must focus on something to be effective.

To be fair, though, my first couple of teams weren't very good, until I understood all the skills and chose a path I liked.
In my first team, I used Royal Veil, which I will NEVER do again unless the skill scales with a stat. Flat values hamper this game a lot. I also used two Buccaneers, which I now feel are super boring and underpowered.

Now, every time I use Prince(ss), I max out Royal Lineage, throw him/her in the front line, and buff buff buff like no tomorrow. The armor they wear make them very durable and Protect Order keeps them healthy. TP regenerates extremely fast once the buffs cycle out. Here's a cheap trick: buff the Prince(ss) with any of Fire/Freeze/Shock Arms, then alternate with one of the others.

Also Giant Kill is OP. Just throwing that out there.

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Yeah. My ive been thinking about chanchingso that i could have a team with stronger synergy for the end bosses. It just never happened...

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”