EO3 OP subclass options making the game unfun?

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Achelexus
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

EO3 OP subclass options making the game unfun?

Postby Achelexus » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 pm

I played until the fourth stratum or so and enjoyed the game a lot, but now I'm on the fifth stratum and it's feeling a big boring, it may be because I'm using OP subclasses(Shogun/Gladiator, Gladiator/Buccaneer, Ninja/Zodiac) which is rendering every encounter very redundant, as I can just throw Blade Raves and 5-Ring Swords for free.

Did anyone else have this problem with the game? Someone told me to avoid N/Z, as well as N and G as subclasses in general, I'm thinking of resting most of my party to try to get less broken combos. Thoughts?

Myssdii
Fenrir

Re: EO3 OP subclass options making the game unfun?

Postby Myssdii » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:40 am

EO3 is the least balanced game in term of class strength (if we ignore EO1 Immune skill), with a lot of class combinations completely getting subpar compared to OP combinations like Ninja/Zodiac and Gladiator/X or Shogun/X.

The game itself is not really that hard, and does not require those kind of party to be enjoyed and finished. The big problem is that, compared to other EO games, it's difficult to exploit some alternative strategies like Ailments or Elemental Damages: the first because barely no class actively exploits ailments to deal damages (which makes Wildling a pretty much useless class to have as a main class, unless you really want to use one), and the second because Zodiac's damage output is pretty low when compared to other games elemental attackers (he's main strength comes from Limit Skills).

For my part, I never exploited those kind of combinations before post game (because, well, post game is hard ^^), and always tried to get all the fun I could have from building my own party and battle strategy, as there is actually a lot that you can do in term of party composition without using all the OP things.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Achelexus
Ragelope

Re: EO3 OP subclass options making the game unfun?

Postby Achelexus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Frankly I liked Wildling, it takes some time to be useful, but Call Elephant/Cow/Ooze are very good, and Dismiss Beast solves most of the TP issues. Zodiac isn't that good, but with Etheric Charge and Singularity, I feel like it's damage becomes pretty decent.

I guess I will rest some of my OP characters to make the game fun again(until maybe post game).

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”