MizunoAmi's RPG Adventure Sign-Ups

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
MizunoAmi
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MizunoAmi's RPG Adventure Sign-Ups

Postby MizunoAmi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:21 am

For those of you wondering what this is, I am creating the skill trees, monsters, maps, etc. for an Etrian Odyssey RPG, complete with new damage formulas, skills, story and all that.

This will begin once I have every class created, as I intend to do multiple iterations of this with each one being more balanced than the last. As this is the first iteration, it will be very rough around the edges, with some classes and monsters being too weak or strong, so I hope this one will help me balance the classes for future versions where I may base it around the other Etrian games. I hope you will all be willing to stick with me no matter how overpowered some of the classes or monsters get.

We will start with atleast 3 people, with no limit to the number of people. I intend to re-balance it if we get more than 5 people.

Available classes: Ronin, Highlander, Troubadour, Dark Hunter, Gunner, Protector, Hexer, Survivalist, Medic, Alchemist.

If there is a class that is not in here that you wish to play, just let me know either in this thread or through PM and I will add it. I will need a summary of an EO3 class if you want one of those, as I have not played EO3.

This is based in High Lagaard with the stratum's and Yggdrasil tree from EO2, however everything else will be new.

To sign up just fill out this sheet.

Remove anything within parentheses when filling out the sheet.

Name
Age(optional)
Backstory(optional)
Personality(optional)
Miscellaneous Info (optional)

EDIT : I decided to create a discord chat for this, that way if you have questions you can ask them there and we don't clog up the RP thread. It's just to keep the RP and the questions seperate. It also allows me to instantly reply since I'm gonna be on the discord chat almost 24/7 (pretty much only gonna not be on when I'm asleep), and it notifies me.

I will also be posting skill tree's in a stickied channel there.

https://discord.gg/8uGdGJj
Last edited by MizunoAmi on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spiderpig2398
Ragelope

Re: MizunoAmi's RPG Adventure Sign-Ups

Postby Spiderpig2398 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Name: Gess
Class: Gunner
Backstory: Gess is just a gunner who got bored one day with just sitting around in High Lagaard and now plans on doing stuff inside the labyrinth rather than just do nothing. Maybe she'll get something good out of this?
Personality: Gess is fairly excitable, which is definitely a contrast with the overly calm and collected appearance she tries to keep up. She's not the smartest of people, since her first action with something she hasn't seen is usually along the lines of "What happens if I shoot it?"
Miscellaneous Info: I've got nothing. If you need an appearance for whatever reason, imagine a female version of the young male gunner.

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Name: Pohon
Class: Ronin
Backstory: After getting tired of living with her family for far too many years, she does some rash things with her guard job...Drinks heavily durin work hours, assualts a few people; Fun stuff like that. As punishment, she was told to hone her skills and lay off the booze (Which she still buys.) One thing she did bring...Was her dad's Nagamaki (A sword where the handle and blade are the same size.)
Personality: A bit of a foodie and drunkard, she's rather serious when she's told to do something extremely important, but afterward she is quite fun to be around. She's not one to become incredibly hungover though, a minor headache would be about it.
Miscellaneous Info:
Appearance; Short, dark brown hair that is slightly messy, (Not like the pink ronin; It's more layered and pointed.), dark brown eyes, average build, wears a black, short-sleeved haiori she made herself with a red obi, has haidate, suneate, kogake and kutsu. (Essentially the tied armour you'd see on samurai over hide boots and a hakama) 5' 9''.

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 am

By the way, https://discord.gg/8uGdGJj

I've created that discord chat so that you can ask questions and discuss the RP there instead of clogging up a thread with all these posts, and it allows me to respond much quicker. I'll also post skill-tree's there as I finish them

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:40 am

One more thing I should mention

So that we don't have to manually calculate damage, I will be making a damage calculator program in Microsoft Visual Studio that lets us just put in modifiers, elemental weaknesses and resistances, etc to automatically print out a number. I took a class in programming back in 9th grade, so this should be pretty simple.

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:45 am

I'd like to announce that, since I took a programming class 2 years ago, I'm gonna be making some programs that automatically calculate the damage for us. I hope you're all as excited as I am for those.

EDIT: The program will also deal with Healing, Dice Rolls (for certain events and for ailments or RNG-dependent enemy moves)

Basically, the program is gonna deal with everything except for story, moving on the maps, etc.

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:51 am

School and some personal stuff as well as general laziness have gotten in the way of this, but I will resume work on this next week, Friday at the latest.

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:04 am

I'm without a PC monitor now so sorry D:

MizunoAmi
Ragelope

Postby MizunoAmi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:09 am

Got a new monitor so I can finally get back to work on this!

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:39 am

How are things going? o 3o

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”