Etrian Odyssey: Chronicles

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

205 posts
Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 am

"Patience, it'll do you good" Marcus replied to the eager young man. Being the defense of the party, he stayed near the front of the party, at the left side so his good (and only) eye could be used in search of any enemies. Frankly, everyone but him here was young, crows, the oldest one here probably isn't as old as his daughter!

It wasn't much of a surprise to Marcus however. Most glory-seekers are of a young age. And it would be rare to see someone like him to be off adventuring, not that he was old enough to not be able-bodied anyway.

He adjusted his helmet with both hands. He used up most of his funds in his retirement, and gave up the rest to his daughter. Being the dear sweet she was, she prepared some armor, as well as a buckler and a simple short sword. They weren't very good equipment as he had before, but it was fine enough (and isn't presumably sold by some newbie for some glittery useless object).

He waited quietly for any orders from his new guild leader, not making a single sound despite clad in armor.
When you're alone, always remember:

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:47 am

[s]((I think I'll wait for Gooogly to make a character before I do, as I'm still debating what class I want to play. In the mean time, my previous question still stands, but in addition to that I have another. If both Gooogly and I join, that'd bring the party up to 6 members (not counting the guild leader). Is it okay if we have more than 5 in the party at once?))[/s]

((Edit: Moved my questions to the other thread.))
Last edited by FomeRubr555 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:35 pm

((Check out the "planning" thread, just before this one. There's some more details in it, plus a (pending) roster of all the members and such. I think we were just missing alchemists (of any element or specialization) and a whip!dark hunter (I'm looking at you, Zamisk), but doubles are probably fine))

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:09 pm

They were lead into the forest, where they would begin to help protect Maxi as she mapped out the area. She was a natural at map making, drawing out maps that looked like it could come from a cartographer--only this map was still nowhere near being finished.

"So, why do we have to map out the first floor, do you think?" Grey asked nobody in particular. "We're going to be mapping the whole labyrinth anyways, so it feels kind of tedious to not let us continue on down."His sword was no katana, which was strange for a ronin, but it had the same weight and he could weild it just as well as one. Before anyone could answer, something caught Grey's eye. A boot with something inside of it--it had a slight glimmer in the sun.

"Hey, hey!" he said, motioning for the group to come over to the boot. Gently prodding it with his foot, Grey found nothing living inside and proceeded to reach into it. What he pulled out was a Whitestone. It was their first treasure of the Labyrinth, but there would be no time to celebrate their first find. A rustling of the grass around them gave away the position of monsters--a few of them. Grey stuffed the stone into his pocket and drew his sword. Just in time too, because a mole leapt out from behind the trees and tried to tackle him. Grey used his sword to block it, but still managed to get a small cut from its claws. The party was blindsided on their first fight.

((>_>;; ))

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:38 pm

((I'm in your RP, breaking your flow.))

Name: Franz Blitzen
Sex: Male
Class: Alchemist (Volt)
Appearance: [spoiler]
((Not the best recolor ever, but oh well.))[/spoiler]
Backstory: Part rash, youthful adventurer, part eccentric yet intelligent researcher, Franz is a certified member of the Royal Alchemists' Society of a neighboring country. Barely. In fact, the only reason he ended up in Etria was due to his superiors' fear of him blowing up their estate. His obsession with "practical application of alchemic research" bumped him to the top of the list of candidates to send to study the Yggdrasil Labyrinth...not because they found him most qualified, but due to the aforementioned fear. He tends to be a bit impulsive and, well, odd, but is packed full of knowledge. However despite his wild behavior, he does not have a death wish; back home, he has someone waiting for him to return, and keeps a memento with him at all times to remind him of this.

Franz was sent to Etria with a sealed letter of recommendation from the Royal Alchemists' Society, but never actually read it himself. If the guild leader did, however, she would note that it sounded more like a letter of warning. Two excerpts from the letter include:

"...his hair wasn't naturally [white] like that, and it tends to glow a faint green when he uses his skills in combat. ...[we] do not know what he drank to make it do that, but it is entirely possible his body chemistry is unstable and volatile. I wouldn't go so far as to use the words 'living bomb', but...well..."

"...he should suit your needs at any rate. Bear in mind that while it is okay for him to study the valuable resources found in the labyrinth, he should never be allowed to directly handle them. Odds are they will be unusable after whatever experiments he decides to use them in..."

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:44 pm

((Accepted))

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 pm

((Fome, I propose a mad science/self-experimentation coalition.))

Startled from her intense and intellectual scrutiny of the leader's physique, Chamomile jumped backwards. Or rather, tried to, as the stiffness of the new boots, sent her sprawling onto her rear instead. Recovering as much of her composure as possible, she quickly reached into her bag, readying several rolls of bandages, and a bottle of antiseptic. Tools ready and fingers twitching, she retreated behind the front line of fighters.

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 pm

((I like where this coalition is going... :P I agree to it.))

"One...two...three petals...huh, I wonder if these flowers would work as a catalyst for my Fire formula...or maybe if I hit them with lightning...hmm..." Franz was...well, not exactly late to the party. He had, in fact, arrived on time with everyone else, yet immediately forgotten the first rule to survival (stick together) and focused his attention instead on the strange flora. It was a new and exciting place for him...and new and exciting in his mind meant full of things that made him think 'what would happen if I X this?' 'X' could mean anything from set on fire to eat. And doing both at once was certainly not out of the question...

But something finally did snap Franz back to the reality of the group, who was only a few yards away. That man, Grey if he remembered, being tackled by a flying mole. Were he not aware of the danger these monsters posed, he would have laughed. But there was no time for that, he rushed over to the group to get into formation in the back row, hoping no one would have noticed his brief absence. Considering he was armed with little more than a staff and a very mentally-exhausting Volt formula, he thought it best to leave most of the fighting to the others.

((In traditional EO Alchemist fashion, I'm going to play the role of "practically dead weight" for a short period of time (barring enemies that are extremely resistant to physical attacks), in order to conserve TP. Though it will be a relatively shorter time than the actual game, as sitting there defending myself and/or hitting enemies with a stick for negligible damage will get boring rather quick. Might change my mind on this policy, and of course I will be inclined to listen to people if they ask me to cast magic on something, or use it to kill something if the party's condition is critical.))

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Happy Easter! So heres my character, a good 'ol pure offensive Landsknecht using an axe.

Name:Aodhamair Bradigan (pronounced EY-MUR, last name is simply pronounced as you read it.)
Age: 13-14 (Where she came from, they don't age people, they just remember the season they were born in, in this case its summer.)
Sex: Female
Class: Landsknecht
Appearance:
[spoiler]
I finally drew her myself, so yay. She wears wool shorts and t-shirt and sometimes wears leather moccasins, but only if the ground beneath her is sharp, such as thorns, otherwise she go's barefoot completely. She also wears a leather belt strapped around her waist, bearing a small stiletto, which she looted from the ships captain on the way to etria (more on that in the backstory.) As for weaponry she has an old battle axe said to be forged by dwarve's century's ago. (she won that in a bet with a classmate)
She has a very odd accent that closely resembles Irish. She favors offense highly over defence and in turn, doesn't wear much armor "Oi'd rather go 'round naked than ware a big soot o' armor." She claims.[/spoiler]
Backstory:
In a far off land that nobody knows about (conveniently) Aodhamair was born and raised. Her mentors had no idea what to do with her as she disrupted all of her classes and training. (Where she comes from, women are commonly trained in magic and healing, its one of the few places they train hexcasters.) She was so disruptive that the scholars and lecturers planned to send her off overseas so she could live in the wild and let her get raised by wolves. Lucky for her, her family was rich and, after paying a large sum of money, sent her to a warriors school to become a Landsknecht. She trained and trained there (not without a great deal of rambunctious undertakings with the other students though.) And after about 3 years of training got "Real bored of the 'ting" and hijacked a merchant ship in broad daylight (by herself) and set sail to a strange new land named Etria, where large exports were going out of town to supply food and weaponry. (Not armor mind you.) After arriving she wandered into the guild and found a group of strangers she deemed "A fun lot" and ventured forth into the labyrinth with them.

Personality:
I seemed to hint at much, but this is to be safe.
Shes very hospitable and makes friends easily, however, she has a prominent distaste in those who are educated and mocks them constantly. If one word to describe her it would be "tomboy" however, some find her to be more masculine than some men she grew up with. She claims shes fearless, but becomes noticeably more nervous around syringes.
Shes not that bright, in fact, shes quite dumb. Also doesn't know how to use her fingers in precise motions and in turn, fumbles around quite a lot with things that do not have a handle or grip.

I'll let you guys play out the rest of the battle, I don't want to disrupt the flow more.
Last edited by Curry-Kohai on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 pm

((I like how this party is shaping up. Chamomile can finally fulfill her dream of being an older sister! Kind of!))

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Name: Lullaby "Lull" Nightswath

Sex: ???

Class: Troubador

Appearance: Long black hair flows from Lull's ambiguous scalp down to his...or her...chest. Has a fondness for unnecessary ruffles, but is always impeccably fancy. Carries a handsome li'l guitar that greatly complements his/her most splendid voice.

Backstory: Lull is a wandering musician that happened to stroll into Etria at the right time. Finding the labyrinth quite interesting, Lull wishes to spread the love of music with anyone he (or she) can find. No one knows anything about Lull's history, really, because it doesn't matter. Lull simply is. And she (or he) also quite enjoys relations of the carnal variety, and is quite the figure. Lull has caused so much self-doubt it's ridiculous.

---

(So...uh...am I in the guild hall or something twiddling my thumbs or something, or am I suddenly in the labyrinth?)

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:48 pm

((I was wondering when we'd finally see you. I can't exactly be a hopeless pervert on my own, now, can I? Now we just need Illuminage...))

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:53 pm

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am

Last edited by Doktor_Q on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

205 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”