Moderator: ItL Moderators

225 posts

Poll ended at Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:01 am

40%
60%

Total votes: 10

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:39 am

Offhand thought- each skill has three levels (just learn, learned and understood, mastered). If prerequisites are present, they would only require the skill to be learned, regardless of level.

Also, naturally, fuse some of the similar skills together (do medics really need three different levels of healing?).

[s]Offhand thought on reducing skill count- When applicable, condense sets of three elemental skills into one skill, which lets the user pick what element to use when the time comes. Maybe not so much for alchemists, though.[/s]
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 am

I like the 3 skill point each thing, except for maybe passives should only have 1 point each.

The element thing isn't a great idea though, it defeats the point of having elements.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah, that was a terrible idea now that I think about it.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:19 am

I'm liking the ideas so far. Also, I think that if the combatants (the characters we play) reach more people than we can handle, we may start implicating injury rules. Basically, we have infinite warp-wires just to keep the story flowing and not have our glorious leader killed off and whoever is KOed in battle is injured and will spend a week or so in town to recover, while someone is their substitute.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 am

And how about we don't bother with individual en, we just trade in drops we inividually obtain for weaps and each carry 2 medicas and an aritma and a warp each time.

-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 am

Actually, I'm thinking mor along the lines of we get to choose which three recovery items we have along with our warp wires. It would have to be proportional to the drop, though. For example, you can't trade moleskin in for a Hamao.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 am

Will you be balancing it so we regularly need those healing items? I mean, personally I've never found much call to use them.

Mostly because I focus my parties to hell and back to be totally self sustaining, but that aside.
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:41 am

Yeah, pretty much I doubt we'd ever need them. XD Though, I found myself sing them in the 5th stratum, when a certain nuiscance blindsided me and put my whole party to sleep.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 am

So yes to the 3 skill points in each and 1 in passives? Or just assume they have the passives already...

-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm assuming some passives are just there. I mean, I'm playing a Ronin and I'm just going with one stance to start with. As the story goes on, he'll learn more.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

The downside of one skill point to each passive would mean that, effectively, once you learn it, you know all there is to know about it.

For example, once a Protector learned En Garde, he would then have completely mastered it.

Also, am I looking at this wrong, or do Front Guard and Rear Guard activate on their own?

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Front/Read Guard aren't passive. And to be frank, I'm thinking that maybe giving your characters a general rank will be better. The more ranks means more skills at your disposal. It would be a bit too confusig to use too many skills in this.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 am

Calling perverted Troubador, calling it now...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 am

We had it reserved for you anyways

almost like you needed to post

-PLA

Jhang
Ragelope

Postby Jhang » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

If I may give a suggestion for character 'sheets,' I had a template being set up very similar to yours, Drathi, including the skill progression:

[spoiler]
Name: The character's name
Hometown: Where is this character from
Class: The character's class
Appearance: What this character looks like
Personality: What this character's personality is like
Background: Character's history to this point
Skill Set: The character's skill selections, and rank in them. [/spoiler]

It was for an EO3 game concept, so it is a bit... off, especially with Hometown. I am likewise interested in the game, though EO1 is a bit (very) alien to me.

225 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”