Etrian Odyssey: Chronicles

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

205 posts
Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 am

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 am

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 am

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 am

((Sampson, you're going to need a new gender-ambigious pronoun. S/he, or maybe the grammatically incorrect "they". Or maybe just alternate uses of male and female pronouns. Right now all those parenthesis are making my brain go into conniptions.))

((@Drathi: Me and my big mouth, huh?))

With a startled scream, Chamomile tumbled under the combine weight of the monsters, the points of their claws tearing through her coat, the flimsy armor she had purchased from a smoky little gypsy cart outside of town, and finally, through her skin itself.

It's no problem. I've had worse, right? Thinking this, she assured herself that her limbs were all still intact. I've had worse. I can still move, so that's all that matters. She rolled away from her attackers, and immediately regretted it when her back touched the rough, inhospitable ground.

Letting off a string of every curse she could remember, Chamomile staggered to her feet, limping toward the rest of the party as fast as she could manage, despite a slowly growing numbness in her thigh.

((Should I be regulating the length of these at all? I'm falling into full-story-writing mode, but I don't want to unbalance the narrative or anything.))

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 am

((Just as long as it's not going to be tl;dr length, it should be fine.))

Grey had caught the mole he went after off guard, and turned around to find the medic, who had helped him earlier injured. Rushing to her aid, he went after one of the moles chasing after her, hoping someone else will take care of the second mole.

((Debating on where our party should head next--the "rest" area or the stream? I'll decide with a coin toss.

EDIT: Coin toss says Venom-fly trap. XD So, yeah... ItL's going to have a rough start. ))

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 am

The first battle came a little too fast for his tastes, and in a unfortunately way as well. Marcus didn't blame Grey for his mistakes (though potentially lethal); He'd probably do the same thing if he was 34 years younger. As thinking about this in the middle of battle is pointless, he rushed to join the front lines

The Troubador's song gave him even more strength to battle, and luckily the Medic was able to give at least some treatment to Grey before moving to the back lines. But then two moles decided to target her instead of him or the others.

"Watch out!" Marcus said, shielding her.
When you're alone, always remember:

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 am

((I'll work on the assumption that that means the second mole is going after you instead of me now, Tech.))

She managed to stammer out a thanks to the older Protector as he shielded her, and set to work. While healing one's self is always a tedious task, Chamomile already had some prior experience. "At least I have both my hands this time," she muttered, after downing several anesthetic pills, and tightening a sling across her back. As soon as they had a chance to rest, she was going to have a lot of work to do...
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 am

((I guess so))

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 am

((I am hoping we are not running directly from this battle to the venomflies. We'll need at least a moment or two to finish the healing, make decisions, that sort of thing.))

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 am

((I forgot to mention she can't read, but oh well.))

After she entered the labyrinth, Aodhamair began looking at the beutiful landscape and trees around her, she grew up in a place where near to all of the geography was highlands and plains, she wanted to take the chance just to stare at one of those fresh green leafs that sparkled in the sunlight like a fountain at sundown for a lifetime.
She almost did except for a small tune in the back of her head, it was a rallying tune that caught her attention because it reminded her of home in the sense that the beat was vigorous and the tempo high, as if to rally troops during a battle.
Because of this sudden familiarity, she followed, hoping to find someone that came from where she came from, or at least understood what she said in this God forsaken continent.
However, as the song grew nearer, she felt a peculiar tingle within her muscles, as if she were gaining strength through some odd magics, she welcomed this as the sense of the presence of a battle swept over her like a wave of vibrations from the participants, as if to beckon her to the long forgotten feeling of battle.
She had spent many days on the ship to Etria, and needed some practice in order to look good to her piers. (especially the one whom she thought was a war veteran who could bestow certain titles upon her. Although she had no knowledge of a war in recent times.)

((okay, I think the early 19th century writer part of me has been subdued.))

As she entered the clearing, she found that her group was there, fighting. The worst part to her was that nobody invited her, so she rushed in.
Noticing the oddball in armor and oh-so important healer having trouble with the moles, she ran in screaming "You ain't gonna do no'tin to the moles if ya stand thar slowed with stupid armor on, oldbag!"
As she ran towards them, one shifted its sights on her and began to step forward.
She caught it, square in the face with her axe, crippling its head.
The other mole then slashed at her, however, she quickly dodged, seemingly unscathed. Then the first mole slashed, she dodged that too.
She seemed un-touchable, until she tripped over a root hanging out from the ground. When that happened, she dropped her axe.
stunned, she said "Oi, these ain't loik the buffalo at home." as she readied herself for some intense wrestling with these clawed creatures now surrounding her.

((there, I've put myself in peril, save me.))

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 am

((I have it all planned out. Don't worry... I'm not THAT cruel. Though, having that happen is a very EO-typical thing on a blind runthrough. XD And I missed your post by three minutes, lemme fix that...))

Grey caught up with Marcus and caught the other mole, before it flanked him. His sword gutted it, but did not cut all the way throuh. the mosters of the labyrinth were unnaturally resiliant and took more than a devastating slash to kill it seemed. He watched as the mole Marcus protected Chamomile from scrapped it's claws against Marcus's shield. The sound was grating, but it did little to no dmage to Marcus. Then the Landsknecht Maxi had brought with them took care of both of the moles handily. Of course, she ended up tripping over a root at the end. All Grey could do was sigh and shake his head. He ran over to the last mole and finished it off for her.

"You alright?" Grey asked, rushing over to her. He had a feeling the reason their first fight did not go so well was because the guild was still just a pack of strangers. Grey was used to working in a group, due to being in a nomadic clan. He held a hand out to her. He looked back to the rest of the guild and smiled. "Well, that's another first!"

He took out a small utility knife and began to skin each of the moles they had killed and collect their claws. They weren't in the best condition, but he was certain they would catch a decent price in the market. As he packed the materials up, he closed the bag the guild's main inventory was for. He decided to keep the Whitestone for himself, figurng he could make some sort of pendant out of it. After all, he found it in the boot--there were plent more treasures to find he thought.

Just then, Maxi motioned thm over to a clearing. For the first time, Grey noticed the sky. It had gotten very dark. The younger yawned, and Grey had to agree. This clearing seemed like a good place to rest. The forest seemed a lot more peaceful now and everyone needed a moment to recouperate. Sitting down at a tree, Grey caught a glimpse of Maxi's map so far and was amazed to see just how much of the first floor they had mapped out already. She had done this all during their battle.

((We only had two moles left and I figured we might as well end the fight there. XP))

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:56 am

"Just hold your arm up for a while, okay~?" Humming cheerfully, Chamomile re-did the bandages on his wound, and managed to suture the cleanest lacerations together. Her good mood was not only a result of the painkillers- without the threat of attack, she could take her time.

"Were you hurt anywhere else? Arms, legs, back? Under your clothes?" As she spoke, she ran her hands firmly across his body, without leaving any room for protest. Satisfied, but without turning, she called out to the others.

"Anyone else? Aches, pains, scratches? Rashes? Light headedness? Bad itches?"

((Drathi, you move too fast! Too too too fast! I need a bit more breathing time for events.))
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 am

[s]"What are you doing?" Grey asked, looking over to her. While he was very used to the sight of corpses and "organs" of animals, he did not quite understand why Chamomile wa hlding and making small cuts on their genitals. "Maybe it's best I don't ask," he said. "I'm Grey by the way." He decided to ignore his little rhyme.[/s]

((...I seriously am feeling like eventually this will turn into EO meets Monster Hunter.

EDIT: If your post still has about the same gist as what happened before you edited your post, I'll take off the strike on mine. XD))
Last edited by Drathi on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 am

Lull quietly suppressed the desire to make a perverted comment. It was pretty easy to do by now.

Then, a related thought materialized. "Tell me," said Lull to the group of adventurers, black locks of hair swishing in the nonexistent wind, "do you think...I'm a man or a woman? You know, just because."

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:04 am

Marcus backed slightly from the blow, although it did nothing but made a superficial scratch to the shield. Using this short amount of time, he swung his shield arm out to stagger the mole, and delivered a thrust into it. He didn't bother saying anything to Grey, who attacked the other mole that he couldn't defend against; Still in battle and all.

In all, he felt the battle was going at least decently, for a new group in a ambush anyway. At least until some screaming female rushed in, and ended up losing her axe (albeit after taking some of the enemies without getting hit). Muttering a curse, he came for her aid, after seeing Grey with the Medic.

205 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”