Assuming we do get that RP forum(Non-EO related RP)...

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Sound Do-able?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Assuming we do get that RP forum(Non-EO related RP)...

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:06 am

Well, I was digging through my old RP ideas, and I came across one I made up back when I first got into Ace Attorney. I tweaked it a bit, keeping the Ace Attorney influence, but I want to know what you guys all think of this idea. Who know, it could be something to get our creative juices flowing.

Basically, I made the setting somewhat steampunk-ish (not mega-steampunk... no airships)--more 1920s like-- and in this world an Act was passed in the year 187X that allowed all Civilians of age (20+) to investigate homicide cases and pretty much be the lawyers in court(the whole court proceedings need to be worked out still, but I think I may have a formular for how they work in the...works.). Why this occured was because of the major outcry from the civilians about how innocents were being thrown into jail due to faulty investigation. Basically, the Act was the government's way of saying, "You don't like how we investigate? Then do it yourselves!"

I also figured that some rules for investigating and trial were needed so, I came up with a few:

1. No free information. It's become sort of a tradition that evidence was to be traded. Another rule about the trade is that the investigator is not allowed to even mention what they know about the item to the other investigator, or during the trial. Basically, Evidence is for you use and SOLELY your use.

2. Basically, you're trying to convince the judge and your fellow investigators that the defendant is innocent/guilty. Basically, the prosecutors form teams and they present their evidence, while taking into account he evidence presented by those before them. There are 3 rounds of debate and if one side has not withdrawn their claims, the Judge must decide the verdict. If the judge cannot decide, it falls to the gallery... basically, "Jury Deliberation" is a spontaneous vote from the people watching the trial.

3. There MUST be a verdict.

...Yeah, pretty much it's complex, and I'm worried about it being too confusing. XP I just liked the whole idea of never knowing whether or not the person you are fighting for is actually innocent or not.

So, how would we come up with cases? Well, if you have ideas, we can vote on which one is used. The creator also must hve a culprit in mind. In a way, while a team wins a case, they get to learn if they imprisoned an innocent, or let a murderer go free.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 am

........ THAT'S IT!! I'M SEEING TOO MANY RP THREADS!! You guys already have two!! Now a third.... >_<

Let's discuss this in a real forum.

[] - [] - [] - []

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 am

I'm in! That sounds sweet!
Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:15 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:11 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 am

I know I'd never be able to write the story to a Phoenix Wright game...

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 am

It seems pretty heavy. Are you guys willing to put enough effort for something like this?
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 pm

I think once I get my college applications finished, this will become really feasible, because it'd be hard to do it without the one who thought up the idea. XD Kind of like the US not joining the League of Nations.

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Well, if you can come up with a good system, I'll be all for it. I love the Ace Attorney series probably even MORE than I love EO, so...yeah. I'm sure you can make it work, considering my friend did Umineko RP before and I still have no idea how that worked...
EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Well, I figured that the whole trial system would be like this. Depending on the number of investigators on the trial, we may either have 1 on 1 segments for each round (1 pair of investigators debating for a certain amount of posts, before stepping down and lettng another pair come up) or for larger groups, we may have more up at once.

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Seems feasible to me, as it sounds like a Debate thread. No swords and sorcery. Everyone's a "lawyer" or "jury".

Someone will propose the scenario to conduct the judgment and be the GM for the case. Once everyone who will participate as the Jury agrees on following up the case, the Session begins.

Participants will then post up their initial Judgment/hypothesis to why he/she is Innocent/Guilty. They'll then conduct their investigation by searching for clues. The GM should give a period of time and/or limit the amount of searches each person can do. GM will grant those who search, clue(s)/evidence to the case, if any.

Once the Search period ends. Trial can begin. As for how to conduct this, I don't have any ideas.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Well, I'm thinking this may work possibly:

Proposed Scenario is chosen
Choose GM
GM=Judge(cannot be the creator of the scenario)

Hearing --> Prosecution offers their hypothesis on why the defendant did it(as Proesecution always goes first in real court) --> Defense offers their hypothesis --> Prosecution Investigates (Defense can RP whatever during this time)-->Defense Investigates(Same for Proesecution)-->Trial--> Each person in the prosecution debates against a member of the defense (depending on how many join, we may need to limit the number of people to keep things from dragging out)--Verdict by judge/"jury."

As for the clues, I guess the person who created the scenario could give a piece of evidence to each investigator. It doesn't have to be physical, because witnesses could be evidence. Depending on how the investigation is conducted by the induvidual, certain clues may be devulged. I think to maintain the secrecy of the clues, until the trial, they should be sent through PM. Before the trial, proesecution and defense can trade evidence, but as I said before, that means the traded evidence can't be mentioned or used in court, unless it's by the person it was traded to.

Really, the evidence amounts to this: Who can use the evidence the ebst to help their arguement? For example, if one person has a letter and the other person has some witness testimony (bad tradeoff, I know), one of them may not know how to make a case out of their evidence, but they see the prosecution has a letter that the defense can see very crucial-- depending on when it was written, it can serve as an alibi. Really, the evidencecould be used in different ways as well... it's kind of like Clue in some ways. XD

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 pm

That sounds like fun, I'm in if it happens!
Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”