50%
17%
33%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 6

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 am

EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:43 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:45 am

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Compared to real PnP RP at the table, forum RP sure is a little messy to me. Therefore, I wouldn't want too much complexity to keep track of. One main key point to think about is activity (both the players and the GM).

I believe we have the following queries to solve:

1- Are we limited to one character or actually have a Guild with multiple characters?

2- What sort of activity (in terms of posting) are we looking for per person? (Every minute / every hour / every day / every week)

3- What sort of posts are we looking for? (Simple like, "I open the door." or complex like, "Natalie rushes to the source of light, her feet frantically marching, as the boulder behind her tries to catch up. She reaches the opening, and quickly leaps to the left, falling flat on the soil, as the boulder continues on. Natalie gives a sigh, now feeling grateful that she's still alive. She's still unhappy for getting herself duped by that mischievous F.O.E that lead her to the situation she just went through."

4- Will there be a limit to the number of people able to join the RP in the first place? After all, having 10 or more different people on the same quest is pretty messy.

5- When we have a lot of people, how do we actually interact with each other, or is there no connection in the first place?

6- Assuming everyone has their own guild, how is it that 2 or more different guilds do the same quest at the same time? Or are the quests limited to one guild/person at a time? We must make sure the GM be able to keep track of everything.

If we have answers to these questions, we should be able to cough out a RP system and use it.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Screw the rules

I made an RP
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Regarding Aeiren's questions, here are my opinions. Keep in mind that they're open to debate.

1) The only reason I like one guild per person is because I tend to get torn when trying to come up with a character. If I could play 5, that'd solve all my problems! But I can see it working either way.

2) Ideally, I think we should have all kinds, that way we can attract all kinds of players. We'll have some more hardcore posters that might make several moves per day everyday, while others may only find time to check in once a week. I think we could set up a system for both, although the latter will resemble more of a fanfiction type thing (not that the classification really matters so much at this point as I originally thought).

3) For more active RPs, shorter posts are probably preferred. For longer, once-per-week kind of deals, we could do entire journal entries. I think ultimately it'll be up to the GM to decide that in their initial setup.

4) Ideally, there would be no limit...but in that case we may have to switch some things around to make guilds balanced. There could even be a thread specifically for guild recruitment, and it could be done entirely in-character.

5) This is the tricky part. If there is a once-a-week system with each player controlling entire guilds, then there is technically no NEED for interaction between players. Though that sounds kind of...boring when put in words like that. As for the other systems, that I have no idea on, although I think some of the other RPs being set up already have this idea in mind...

6) On a long term thing, this can be easily solved by the GM making a vague mission. For example, suppose large birds are terrorizing villagers and stealing their jewelery during the night, and the mission is for each guild to eliminate a nest. The GM could elaborate on the various types of birds in the particular area, but mention (in-character) how they're not sure which kind is causing the problem. Each player, then, interprets this in a different way and seeks out a different monster bird nest to eliminate. The player would decide how their own adventure went. ...But all of this is assuming low activity, long post, guild-based RPing. Other models would probably have to be different (at least to some degree).

53 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”