50%
17%
33%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 6

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Now that we got a board, let's use it!

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm

:/ I don't understand why nobody wants to GM. I'm already cooking a couple things up.

Ok, here is my main problem with this. A "GM of the week" might not work...

First, I'd hope a mission would take LONGER than a week to complete.

Second...all missions in EO surround a central goal that constantly keeps the guild moving in one direction, around one big mystery. If we switch up the people who are coming up with the missions, things will lose focus.

I think there should only be one person in charge, and their goal is simply to initiate plot events, to which the players then react using their characters. It's a lot simpler, and it's the sort of thing I've taken part in the most. Obviously this person needs to be a competent writer, but I think this will keep RPs alive a lot longer than what you propose.

And also, every GM of this type of RP has had a character of their own so they can participate and interact with other characters

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Hmm...okay, how about this. One person is deemed the King or whatever, writes the scenario, etc. (I vote myself only because I've been coming up with ideas for the setting so I could also do the story while I'm at it, but if you got ideas I'd let you do that instead). That person gives a mission to be completed over several week's time or something (which usually spans the entirety of the stratum). All the 'alternate GMs' instead can come up with unrelated quests to be posted in the bar to be completed by guilds during the week. They'll also be optional. Think that sounds better, or should we do without the alternate GMs thing entirely?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 pm

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 pm

EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Well, that's probably true. But I think the problem is that anyone who makes up these stories sees it as having to GM them. I don't know, guess we'll wait and see.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 pm

since we're not doing Pen and Paper style stuff, there's not a lot to being the GM. You just have to know when to let things develop and when it's time to move things forward.

buuut yeah, we'll see who eventually starts the first thread.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 pm

the GM shouldn't be a 'king', but should rather be a 'guild leader'

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 pm

I have a rather recent EO-esque RP idea that I found in my notes as well... XD Wanna hear it? Perhaps it could be a possible plot...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 pm

gogogo

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 pm

yeah do it

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Do it.

Also, regarding the guild leader thing, the only reason I say king is because I assumed every player was going to create their own guilds of 5 or so teammates, not just their own characters. The person giving out the missions would then be the equivalent of the king, senate, duke, or whatever ruling body they decide to place for that land.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Well, it's just the plot, but I think the EO influence will be in classes and skill names. The initial title of the RP was "Awesome Blade: Gintago." XD It's the first in a series of RPs (or stories) centering around groups of people all hunting blades that exist that are equivalent of legendary weapons.

This forum is small enough(hate to admit it... XP) to not have to worry about newbies overstepping their character's abilities, when they are new. So, I don't have to worry about Skill Points being used. Basically the methods was more skill points= more experienced character.

Think we should keep my title or make it EO related?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 pm

the title doesn't really matter but if it's gonna be EO-related then the title should be EO-related

53 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”