Riseatrance
Manticor

Das Totenlied: Kagami no Tsukimono

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm

-- DAS TOTENLIED --
鏡の憑物

a mystical fantasy adventure

Story

In a distant, unnamed land, which we will not be concerning ourselves with, lies a giant, ominous, looming tower that seems to endlessly stand into the very reaches of the sky, reminiscent of one Tower of Babel. At the base of this very tall tower, was a rather small, but established town. This town has constantly tried to remain nameless, much like the land it stood on, but it attained a lexicon of names, for it stood for one purpose - to solve the mystery of this tower. Inside the tower itself, stood a giant mirror. This mirror seemed demonic in nature, though it was just like Justice - it was blind. Those of pure heart had nothing done to them, and they were free to explore the tower as they willed. Those of lust, desire, and corruption, though, faced what they obsessed over most in the mirror, and were trapped inside the tower, forced to climb, and climb, for all of eternity, overcoming the challenges within. It's said that the one who made this magical mirror lived at the top of the tower. In the end, though, nobody has ever decided to find out if there WAS even an end to the tower. However, recently, people have been flooding to the tower, ranging from adventurers, standard-fare treasure hunters, to even kids and even the elderly... Something was wrong. Something was happening. Whatever happened, the tower was definitely not the tower. It eventually earned the nickname of the Dead Tower, because it was formerly harmless, until this mysterious incident... Monsters lay rampant within, deep portals of darkness are concealed, pouring out an excess of malignant energy. The tower was being cursed, yet the mirror itself... Was clean, it had no blemish, it was immaculate. What's the mystery behind this mirror?

That's where you come in. You are one of the young, strapping adventurers asked out of desperation by this nameless town to try and unravel the mystery of the Dead Tower. Of course, you aren't just some deadbeat, standard-fare adventurer. There's a clear reason why you were asked. You're talented in some way, and you're accomplished. Not to mention there could be a personal reason for undertaking this gargantuan challenge, too... And besides, you were just passing by, anyways.

Information

This is a traditional fantasy RP of [s]boringness[/s] freedomness. You are an adventurer who decided to take up the mantle of exploring the Dead Tower, for your own personal reasons or because you were bored. The Dead Tower is very tall; nobody knows how tall it actually is. People have tried to find out and all have failed... Will you be the next ones? It's good to be careful, because it IS possible for you to die. How does dying work? You will be notified when you are in a near-death state. Being injured or exhausted past this state means you are dead. When you are dead, you can still post, but your character won't actually be able to do anything because he/she is dead. It is up to the rest of the players to decide what they want to do with your corpse. Carry it, try to resurrect it, whatever.

I hope you won't die though. That would be sad. Next, is the issue of romance. A lot of RPs have implicitly allowed romance. This RP actually places a very integral role on relationship and character building. Certain things that happen in Das Totenlied are heavily based on the camaraderie of the player group. Enemies get tougher and tougher and it becomes harder to use an all-in style of attack. Try and establish strong relationships in order to make the experience enjoyable for everyone, and also to make the later challenges easier. Finally, is the issue of combat. Combat happens just like in any other typical forum-based RP - just roleplay what happens. I am operating on a honesty policy here; please do things your character would be capable of doing - I don't want some godmodding kung fu shit in here, thanks. And this directly ties in with the previous point.

You can now start to create a character yay.

Guidelines, not necessary to follow, but those in red must be filled

Name:

Occupation: You can pick any class from Etrian Odyssey II and III, as well as 7th Dragon

Description:
Personality:

Backstory:

Other Information

PLAYER LIST
Riseatrance - Ceres Aty Volzunga
Zamisk - Ezek
Drathi - Grey Opus
Sampson - Elleman "Sampson" Bentriall
Illuminage - Etienne
FomeRubr555 - Iaiwara no Yukiko
Kinokokao - Loren Ellesmere
NessySchu - Jetta Katrine Brock
Last edited by Riseatrance on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Hmm...I like this because it's something one can more or less jump in on quickly. But before I sign up I want one question answered. Is the relationship between comrades restricted to romance only? Because if so I have some...personal issues with that (long story short I hurt someone close to me before with a RP relationship and thus would like to avoid getting in anything romantic with anyone in an RP again. I don't mind the concept in and of itself, I'd just like an alternative relationship goal to pursue for myself).

Also the name reminds me of Ar Tonelico, which I [s]pirated[/s] "obtained" but never played.

Illuminage
Wyvern

Postby Illuminage » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Hmm...this sounds interesting, and the strong bonds thing reminds me of Social Links, ehehe. 8D; B-But, on a serious note, I am willing to participate in this. I am dying for a role-play. I'll work on my character sheet sometime this weekend, if that's okay.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 pm

FoamRubber, no, it doesn't have to be romance, and if you've had bad experience with that, I'm very sorry....

FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 pm

NessySchu
Manticor

Postby NessySchu » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Nessy and I can sports and we have several fan. -Zam

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Die Totenlied: Kagami no Tsukimono

Postby zamisk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Name: Ezek Vayu
Race: Half-elf

Zodiac, specialty lightning element

Description:
Blonde, pale skin, dressed in silver elven armor, pointy ears, fairly tall. His sharp hearing makes up for his blindness, and he seems to be able to function quite well without sight.

Personality:
A quiet but confident Zodiac, half human half elf. Likes to work alone, despite being blind. He is unusually calm, and always keeps his head in tight situations.

Backstory:
His mother was an elf, granting him the ability to use magic from an extremely young age. He studied under an old alchemist, an learned to brew potions. He blinded himself at a young age when he cast a lightning spell that he couldn't control. Asked to help explore the Dead Tower by the town's mayor, he accepted, as his father had vanished exploring it years earlier.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Other: carries around a leather messanger bag filled with herbs and basic salves. He is capable of healing minor wounds. He is capable of brewing potions used for other things.

Edit; just occured to me, the mirror can affect him, he is [s]god[/s] blind!

Second edit; changed pic and description

third edit; shut up, just an edit that i forgot... last name now. It's Vayu, which is some country's god of lightning, can't remember which.

Forth edit; MOAR EDITZ, added the potion/herb bag.
Last edited by zamisk on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:13 pm

The thing that I'm more concerned about is if our characters die, is there a time limit for when they can be resurrected? Because, well... I admit, it adds a danger side to the RP, but it also makes me a little uneasy--nobody wants to see their characters die. XD

But I digress...

Name: Grey Opus

Description:
Personality: Grey is a relatively calm fellow, befitting his upbringing in the harsh climates of the northern mountains. He prefers to focus on the task at hand and not let trivial matter such as age or gender get in the way of his goals.

Backstory: Grey hails from the mountains t the far north, where there are said to be nomadic tribes of people who live there. Grey is one of those people, and he is on his pilgrimage. He is considered an adult by his people, but to prove that he is truly an adult, he must find something of value to take back to his people. When he heard of the rumors of the Dead Tower. Wanting to learn of its secrets and bring whatever they may be back to his people, Grey decided to start his pilgrimage here.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Name: Elleman "Sampson" Bentriall

Description: A curious (and perverted) researcher with training in the fine arts. He has a rather bad case of bed-head hair and usually wears a dark cloak which is heavy due to his habit of storing books in all of the inside pockets. He almost always looks tired, and--while he doesn't need them--he wears black glasses (they make him look scholarly).

Personality:
While Elleman may seem dignified when speaking to others, generally strangers, he is much more carefree than he tends to let on. He has a tendency to go off on tangents on obscure, scientific topics. He keeps his opinions to himself, mostly, and should probably stop taking books into places where combat is inevitable. Speaking of which, he needs to learn that kicking monsters probably isn't the best method of attack.

Backstory:
Elleman Bentriall was born into a somewhat well-off family, the type that can't really be considered "wealthy," but is successful enough to be well above "average." He quickly took to reading as a young child, and gave himself the nickname "Sampson" after a person he read about in an ancient tome, plus the letter "p," his favorite letter. Elleman showed himself to be rather eccentric growing up, with his social awkwardness due to overprotective parents, and alienated those around him. As a result, he tended to keep to himself, spending most of his free time in the local library, imbibing the vast stores of knowledge there (he found the incredibly old works of a certain "Sigmind Froid" rather fascinating); or improving his skills at the violin, an instrument he forced himself to enjoy after being forced to take it up. One his favorite legends he read about was the one about the "Dead Tower." He became fascinated with the legend, and just as he finished his biological studies, he heard about the events occurring in the tower he had so many dreams of climbing before. After persuading the SDRG (Scientific Development Research Grants) office, he heads--fully funded--to the Tower of Death, with only scrolls of parchment and his trusty violin in hand.
Last edited by Sampson on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Illuminage
Wyvern

Postby Illuminage » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:08 am

Yes, I'm role-playing as a guy..and if it's bad, just tell me.

Name: Etienne

Description:
Personality: A very cold and contradicting individual. He is unable to express himself without being sarcastic, and because of that, he isn't one to make friends easily. In fact, he is one that people try to avoid altogether. Etienne doesn't let this bother him, and retaliates by calling them nuisances. He has come to terms that he truly was not meant to live with others, and acts upon this calling in every worse way possible.

But, is he truly a bad a person? That is up for debate. He may come as someone having no regard for others, but it is best to hear the guy out, too. As a nihilist, Etienne claims that all forms of life, including his own, have no value whatsoever. He believes that no one can change this. What is odd that he eagerly hopes for someone or something that can prove him wrong. He wants to find meaning in his own existence.

He is certainly a difficult person. Good luck.

Backstory: A young man that is searching for someone -- himself. He eventually comes across the rumors of the mysterious Dead Tower, and with a silent prayer, he ventures off into the unknown, ignoring the threats that lurk. What awaits him will be a life-changing experience.

Other Information: He is first dandere, but if he were to become attached to someone, he will soon become yandere. He will do whatever to keep that person.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:51 am

Hey, everyone. I'm going to be editing this post with my own character soon, but I've got to address some points.

Is death permanent?
Good question, son. No, death is not permanent, but you won't be able to do anything if you're dead until someone decides to resurrect you. Only thing you CAN do is be a ghost and communicate with anyone who has the power to talk to spirits.

Relationships are NOT restricted to romance.
Someone put it pretty well, it's kind of like Social Links.

Zamisk, Drathi, Illuminage, Sampson welcome on board!
Last edited by Riseatrance on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 am

Illuminage
Wyvern

Postby Illuminage » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:45 am

124 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”