Alatar's Bane, OOC conversation/sign-up thread

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alatar's Bane, OOC conversation/sign-up thread

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:24 am

Greetings adventurers and role-players! 'Tis time to join mine newest rpg named Alatar's Bane. But coil not role-players, 'tis not mine first role-play ever, so thine couch is doth assured, as Mine skills are judicious and know what a good role-play consists of. Do not, fine role-player be o'er wroght by thy fact that I may go offline, coil not, for mine attendance is doth absolute, and I shalt not leave unexpectedly without thine leave, so come forth! For I am want.

Don't worry, I won't talk like that from now on. (if you want to know what it meant just mention it in your post.)

THY STORY

Its the month of Rethe (March) and the town of Valinor has recently become a place bustling of adventurers, in fact, a guild opened just last month, they serve really good ginger ale and a wonderfu-
But I'm getting off-topic, the reason for this is because of the town and the cave near it, about half a days journey, the town is named Gurth, after the elven word for "death", and the cave of lies nearby, which only few have come out alive from.
Their origin only told in the most dusty of tolmes, even then as myth.
A long time ago in a town named Cuil lived many happy familys and content farmers.
This did not last, however when monsters began wondering into the city, they where only treerats and the sort, and where only a nuisance to the otherwise large city, soon the problem got worse, and the townspeople placed their accusations on the cave nearby without a name, and had plotted to storm its sealed entrance.
Before this was possible however, a grand wizard by the name of Alatar arrived at the town, it is unknown what his true intentions where, but he had convinced the townspeople that the cave was actually the resting place of a god that was angry at the towns' ways, he said if he could enter the cave using a magical un-sealing item, he would talk to the god to negotiate the monsters set forth to the town.
The town beleived him, and let him enter the cave without a name.
Four days later, a grand evil curse burst forth from the cave, spreading to the town nearby, along with Alatars recently dead corpse.
The curse spread across the city like a flash and there were very few survivors. The curse itself is unknown to this day, but the effects all to terrible, it either transformed the citizens themselves into the very monsters you may face, or killed them, leaving the dead corpses to fertilize the ivy and weeds now strewn across the town.
The cave remains open, as if beckoning those who are strong enough to venture into its depths, do you think you have what it takes?

"For when you are lost there is no map, when all is dark there is no light, and when it seems all is lost, it is"
~Rhynnyn, a landsknecht who ventured into the cave with a group of friends

THY SIGN-UPS

So heres how it will work, post your character below, use this guideline to make the character.

Name: (required)
Gender: (Required unless your character has none (but that would be wierd :shock: ))
Class/occupation: (required) *note* it can be any class (hidden or not) from any EO game, I'm not familiar with most classes in the games other than EO1, so give a short description if you can)
Race: (optional, if blank character is instantly a human)
Description: (optional, unless you want people to know what your character looks like)
Bio: (required, but it can be extremely short)
Backstory:(required, must at least be two sentences long)

There is no limit to how much people can join.

Other notes:

Your character can, indeed die. This will be uncommon I hope, since I don't want you guys to die.
This is how the battle system will work. First, I can only send three groups of monsters a day. (unless they are FOEs or bosses.) The rest should be spent on character developement and exploration, you guys will need a strong bond between characters and more equipment, trust me, I'm brutal.
Next I say the monster(s) that comes your guys' way in a post, you all post your actions. (if someone is inactive its just a plain attack by default)
I control the monsters and we simply roleplay what happens.
If someone dies he may come back as a spirit, however he cannot talk or possess others in the cave/town UNLESS he gains a forever necklace (something I made up) or someone in the party has the ability to talk to spirits, they may do WHATEVER they want with your corpse. (but keep it at least PG-13.)
Do not worry about what hp you are at, you may ask at ANY time during the rpg. (pm or an OOC post in the rp thread, not this one.)
Next I would like to discuss the topic of relationships.
Relationships may be whatever you want (keeping it at least PG-13 of course) This includes romantic, brother/sister, etc. You may make a character the biological brother/sister of another character(with the consent of the person who owns the first character of course.)

Thats all I can think of for extra notes for now, if you ask a question I'll be sure to add it here.

List of those who have joined:

Tadd Ulairi, human Troubador___Gooogly2
Petrith human protector___Zamisk

My next post will be my character sign-up, it will begin the second two people join. (other than me)

Okay, merry christmas eve everybody! I will still host the rpg if you guys are willing to do it, I've been down with the flu these past few days so I couldn't update, anyways I'm probably gonna lay off that money update until christmas is over. So you guys know now this isn't dead. But I guess I should post this huh...shoot.
Last edited by Curry-Kohai on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:35 am

Name: Tadd Ulairi
Class/occupation: Troubador
Race: human
Description: Light orange hair, quite long, quite tall, some say his height is the only thing that makes him seem like a male
Bio: He is a bit of a coward, but not enough to run at the first sight of a hare. Oh, and he has a terrible fear of ladders for some reason.
Backstory:Not much, he was a traveling troubador until he stumbled upon a ruin and gained a pretty pendant. Ever since then he strived for adventure as is now resting in Valinor to prepare for the adventure that is sure to await.
Last edited by Curry-Kohai on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Alatar's Bane, OOC conversation/sign-up thread

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:51 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:56 am

Zamisk, "no gender" is certainly not the norm.

But it's definitely something some people on this forum might do.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 am

But saying "that'd be weird" just sounded a little harsh. I know it wasn't intentional, and I'm not trying to start anything. Sorry if it came across as me trying to be an ass [s]like I usually do :P[/s]. I think I'd like to join, by the way.

-PLA

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Absolutely fine, there are plenty of other people who would be more troll-ish.

And "that would be wierd" was referring to the character having no gender, not the creator making a character without a gender.

But catching that means you read the whole thing, good job!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

-PLA

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Ah, I had thought you misunderstood, I didn't try to use "weird" as a derogative term if thats what your wondering, and it was mostly a humor attempt (I'm not good at that)
Join anytime. And I might have to lower the number of characters to start the rp thread with, considering the inactive-ness of the board.

And did you understand what I wrote on the first paragraph?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah, I figured it wan't meant like that, just letting you know it could be taken that way. And yea, I'm impressed by thine use of the english of olde.

-PLA

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 pm

-PLA

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”