Total votes: 10

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:35 pm

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 pm

When you're alone, always remember:

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:41 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 pm

...I think I may end up making a word document explaining this all. XD It'll take me forever to explain everything.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 pm

in the last statless RP I did that used skills, we all started out with the stuff that we would be using for the whole journey, at about average strength. To elaborate, it was a Final Fantasy RP, and I had a Red Mage. Magic skills were grouped into level 1, 2, and 3. A black mage character that is an old sage might start with level 3 black magic, giving him access to most attack-oriented magic spells and even frightening stuff like Megido, unless he specifies otherwise, but have limited use of it. Since a Red Mage learnes all kinds of magic, but never the strongest forms of it, my character had level 1 white magic, and level 2 black magic, and the assumption is that she focused most of her training on learning how to fight. She also had level 1 time magic and a few unique things like the 1,000 Needles skill.

Anyway, my point is that to make this work best, we may need to make our own modifications to the skill tree, and have people start off as far in as they think appropriate for their character. It's not a competition, and characters with more skill aren't going to "win" (though people who bite off more than they can chew should get beaten up)

How it worked in the FF RP is that people with weaker magic usually had physical skill to make up for it.

I'm not sure how we'll be doing it in here. We might all start off as powerful as we're gonna be, or we can allow ourselves to learn a new batch of skills every 5 floors or something. Depends on how many characters will be going into the labyrinth for the first time.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking we all can learn 3 skills (reminiscent of the 3 skill points your start with) and you get a new skill each floor. Every FOE gives 1 skill point to raise the level of a skill (novice to adept, for example) and every boss gives 2 skills. And maybe when one gets Master, they can get a new skill reardles sof whether its a new floor or not.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

So how will FOE's work? Is there some map we are using that we can see them moving around in?

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 pm

That would be about 20(floor points) + ~20(FOE points) + 3(starting) + ~10(boss points) for a total of ~53 points, assuming 1 FOE per floor and no venturing into the sixth stratum. Considering that you only have five points per skill, that's a minimum of 11 skills per player, with most of them assumed to be at max.

Using the original skill trees, each class has 21 skills, which includes the various stat-up, gathering, and mastery/arbitrary prerequisite skills.

Just for a bit of perspective.
Last edited by Doktor_Q on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, we'll probably not be fighting all the bosses like Golem, Alarune, or the wyverns (though that could be a transition plotline for what goes on between EOI and EOII).

As for FOEs, I'm thinking the unavoiadable battles will be certain and also our leader will be more like the player in the sense he/she wouldn't know a thing. For example: those venomflies on the first floor? We're fighting them. Basically, our leader will be growing as a character as well. XD I mean, a lot of the stuff that hurts you, you don't see coming.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

225 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”