Possible horror/survival rpg idea.

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Possible horror/survival rpg idea.

Postby Doktor_Q » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm

"Reason" doesn't need to be rational, think of it more as the "cause" that makes the effect. The reason is stuff like, is it the place, the action, the time, or what.

Basically there needs to be some discoverable way to stop the weirdness, or escape it, or something. A chance for a not dead-or-soulless ending.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Okay, so i'm having trouble here.

Each floor your character goes to (including the ground floor) there will be a "boss" monster, that should be avoided at all costs, and must be killed to advance further (and eventually to the end.)

I'm planning to have one of them on each floor (there will be five floors) and i'm having trouble thinking of the first two. Could you guys help? Just an idea would be fine.

Right now I have these bosses ( to make sure you don't make a copy)

A feeling, a sort of gas thing that is a feeling, but not a physical thing, its hard to explain now
A lost person, the prime example of what may happen to you.
And beezlebub, lord of flies, which means bugs, lots and lots of bugs.

Thanks guys.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

^ Ooze filling up the rooms? Think roaming Gelatinous Cube.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 am

I'm re-considering writing in the first person, because that doesn't really let your character think. Example:

I see a huge creature standing there, its skin (if I can call it that) is almost melting off its body, I gotta get out of here!

There, he saw a huge creature standing in the middle of the room. Its skin (if you could call it that) was falling of its body in a grotesque manner. "What is this thing?" He thought to himself, as he turned and ran from the beast, it then turned around, and began pursuit.

Also, what are you guys thinking about for your characters? I'm just curious.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 am

Well, it all depends on how good you are at writing in the first person.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:45 am

True, but remember, things will commonly happen that a character is unaware of.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:49 am

You can always do mixed. First person for things they experience, second person for things that happen around them.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:52 am

Monsters: A normal looking person. Aside from attempting to kill you and being impossible to kill that is. Something related to the characters.

Well you could add First-Person writing to say, something like:

"Damnit, run!" I told them as we attempted to escape that...thing that was Jacob's body. I ran as fast as I could, I didn't know what happened to the rest, all I knew was that Jacob was still following me. I went into a corner, so I tried to evade him through this door...
For a sudden thought that the character has, who's about to go into a certain door...

For my character ideas, well:

-Back Alley Doctor. The "just got screwed over for being too nice" kind, not the general "hey I'm just the budget-doc around here" one. Not easily traumatized by disturbing images being what he is, but probably a bit easily unhinged by anything that can't be explained by rational thought. A bit quick on his feet, considering he gets patients that tend to stir up trouble and so can't go to a hospital if you catch my drift.
-Serial Killer. Yep. Someone who utterly believes in helping others reach a better place through death (he can't at the moment on count of people not exactly lining up to off themselves). Wouldn't be affected much as he thinks this is all a test of his conviction, although being what he is, he'll be a threat (unless convinced otherwise).
-Investigator. On the trail of a lost child, he happens to stumble on something a little out of his league. Can perceive things more clearly, although maybe know what's actually looking at you could mess someone up very badly...
When you're alone, always remember:

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:06 am

I call being a shota. Or at least an underage male. Because there is never a wrong time for that.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 am

The first floor has been completely planned!

Since this will be the most normal the apartment complex will get, the monsters won't be able to do any lasting physical or mental damage, and boss is fairly easy to dodge and isn't crazy looking (i.e. No cthulu looking things here.) But it will kill you easily, remember that.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:46 am

Cagey hats and a sack of rats. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:50 am

Jimmy tickles and his magic pickles. :D

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:01 am

Two things:

1) How many floors will this have? Three? Five?

2) You could modify the color system so that purple moves to the top, and everything else shifts down, leaving red as the worst (P > B > G > Y > R > K). If you want.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:07 am

1) I was planning to have five, however, I've been having writers block recently, and can't even start thinking about floor 2, and, since I promised myself to start soon, I am probably only going to have three or four depending on how I'm thinking.

2) How about we scrap purple? It doesn't seem to fit in, because red invokes a sense of danger, and purple...doesn't. Perhaps orange to go in between yellow and red, if we even want 6 classifications of health/sanity.

61 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”