Possible horror/survival rpg idea.

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Possible horror/survival rpg idea.

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Orange is harder to tell between yellow and read, usually, but we could use it. The thought for purple, currently, is something like "ideal state," something above the normal. Some people might start with one condition in it, and after a floor or so nobody will have it or probably be able to get to it again. Think of it as "buffed" state.

- - -v (normal)
P > B > G > Y > O > R > K

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

That definitely sounds better, I think i'm gonna go with that, thanks.

Its funny how this has gone four pages and it hasen't even started yet.

Edit: floor 2 has been completely planned! This floor, things are becoming weirder, the hallways seem crooked and the rooms have an uneasy feel about them. This will be the debut of ghosts, and enemys that can actually hurt you physically! This floor is also the first to have a trap, so keep your wits about you!

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Well of the most interesting things about RPing is simply building the world the players are in.
When you're alone, always remember:

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 am

What do you guys think about npc stand-in characters that are meant to die? It fixes the problem if a small number of people join, and they can be readily used as bait or a replacement if someone dies, just throwing it out here.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:20 am

Probably have only a couple of them at the start, who get killed off to show you what you're up against. As you get down further, they've all already been killed, or gone nuts.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 am

Floor three has been completely planned!

On this floor, the change has been completed from a docile apartment, to a demonic maze, expect tougher enemys here, they will now take more space and will find you easier. I specifically designed this boss to be able to split up the group, to see how you work alone.

Expect the dark apartment (working title) to open up friday night or saturday morning!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 am

Wow! I'm on fire! Floor four is complete!

Here, the mysterys begin to unfold, many new troublesome creatures out to kill you, and the introduction to the antagonist!

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:28 pm

He's awfully late to show, ain't he?

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh ho, just because (s)he wasn't attacking you directly, doesn't mean (s)he wasn't there.

Floor five and six are finished, since six is the final floor the game is ready, expect it later today!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:07 am

Well, right now I have my hands full, I'm watching Starcraft 2 videos, reading sun tzu's art of war, and procrastinating, so it may or may not be typed up tonight.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:25 am

Hey howdy he guys! I'm back, and I feel like a new rpg game, it occured to me while reading a manga. Have you guys ever heard of a game called "Mitadake high"? It's a BYOND game, and I liked the premise, but either there were trolls, idiots, and those who played the game to win on my server.
So I felt like this was a fun opportunity to tell you guys about it. So that we could play a similarly premised game here.

The story takes place in a japanese high school, during class, one of the students kills a teacher. The school's defense mechanisms lock the exits shut. The students can escape by finding a key card to unlock the door, waiting until th e authorities arrive, or dying.
So I think this is how it could work. When everyone makes a character, I use a random number generator to find out who is the murderer, I then inform them privately of they're new position. The killer can be going on this mass murder for any reason the player deems worthy. The regular students can find weapons to fight back, but the killer is the only one who can kill anothers character without permission.
How does that sound? Good? bad? ideas? Comments? Tell me please. Also, this isn't the whole thing, I will add more if this sounds good for you guys.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 am

Don't allow the characters too much intelligence, or they'll behave in the rational and orderly manner that is the bane of most human vs human horror.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Mitadake is quite the... spectacle, I'd say. Having played some games with friends, I'd say it works quite well, though the engine is a bit, lacking I guess? Too many ways to game the system, and a bit too much "who can click faster"/"wait wait I'm still typing."

But yeah, if you had a good crew, Mitadake style game could turn out great. You could also take hints from such fun party games as Assassin (the one-killer variety) and Mafia.

Protip: After the first murder, never eat hamburgers.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 am

Dangit doktor, now you make me wanna play mafia.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm

It is probably the most fun thing you can do at parties. Same with Assassin, especially the one we played in Drama class, where you had to improvise your own death scene.

61 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”