Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: August 4th)

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

136 posts
officedge
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: June 30th)

Postby officedge » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:01 am

So far the character sheets are up nowhere, but our party has 2 sorcerers( I focus on damage dealing, I'm not sure about Yuna), a rogue, a cleric, an inquisitor, and a witch. And as far as I know we're assigning whatever stats you roll to whatever you want it to be(presumably after everything has been rolled).

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 am

So it looks like I'll be a Samurai, then. With a wolf mount if Kino lets me. =3
I roll my mounts hit points the same way I roll my character's, correct? Also (and I realize this is a bit of a stretch), are mounts able to get Teamwork Feats?

edit: The wolf mount is an issue since (by Core) I wouldn't be able to choose it until level 7. (Since that is when it becomes ridable by Medium characters.)

edit2: Or I could be a halfling, but... Maybe. Maybe. I think I'd rather be a half-orc for flavor, but being a halfling would probably be more effective...

edit3: *facepalm* Of course. What if it's mechanically a horse, but flavorwise a wolf? ...I should probably take this to PMs, huh?

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:20 pm

I feel like a big jerk. If we are playing tomorrow I probably can't make it. Unfortunately weekends aren't great for me, it turns out. Which is probably why I never play on weekends. Its a friends birthday and I'm supposed to trek out to the mountain or something with a bunch of people.

I really want to play, especially because I dig my character, but weekends, especially mornings, don't seem to be decent playable times for me. I typically play weekday nights because thats when I have the fewest obligations to other stuff.

Don't hate me please! Maybe if I can't find a way to play I can assist with DM stuff? Or something. I feel really bad about not making it.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:52 am

You could post about more of the classes. =P

I really should have kept my mouth shut about classes. I'm completely reworking my character. >_<

Relevant question: are archetypes allowed?

PS: None of my base stats are higher than 15. =3c
I am sorely tempted to reroll everything now that I'm making a new character. T_T

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:10 pm

OMG. okay. I'm here. Been a crazy week.

Starfe, I'm sorry to hear that! Weeknights are impossible for me right now. Maybe in the fall, but since Mr Kino is writing his thesis this year I don't think he'll actually have any nights where he's in class. Then again, my own schedule might hopefully be changing soon so, we'll just have to see. We can try to figure out a way for you to DM assist ;__; or something.

Anyway by popular insistence I'm giving this a try: https://app.roll20.net/join/17347/YysJLw

That should be the campaign link for the roll20 website. All you need to do is sign up for an account. I'm lagging like hell since the work computer is shitty, but I'll try to suffer through since VTable was so unstable for everyone last time.

Also if today doesn't work out for whatever reason, I'll be here tomorrow 11-5pm my time.

edit to add:

you may assign your stats! What you roll is what you roll, but you may assign them however you like.

Also I do need to get everyone's sheets. I'm looking at setting up a drop-box or something so I can get them. @__@ (omgbutsobusywhat)

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: July 14th)

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Hey guys! =D

Saturday was fun, but I STILL haven't figured out my spell list yet. So in the instead of worrying over it for the next 3 days, I decided to ask you guys for your input. Here's what I have narrowed it down to.

1 of the following:
Summon Nature's Ally II
Haste
Slow
Glitterdust
Ablative Barrier

1 of the following:
Enlarge Person (works on my eidolon)
Reduce Person (actually a buff for most spell casters)

2 of the following:
Summon Nature's Ally I
Rejuvenate Eidolon, Lesser
Mage Armor
Compel Hostility
Grease
Magic Fang
Enlarge Person
Reduce Person

For reference, the spells I've chosen so far are Life Conduit, Eagle's Splendor (this one's negotiable), and Lesser Evolution Surge. If you have any questions, please ask. And thanks. =3

officedge
Ragelope

Postby officedge » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 am

Just a heads-up that I will be gone all of next week. Have fun playing!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:51 am

Haste is ridiculously insanely useful.

Glitterdust was one of my absolute favorite spells for Deneb. Useful against invisible creatures, since she could use any combination of See Invisibility, True Seeing, or Greater Arcane Sight to spot the invisible threat and then, bam, glitter in the face.

also I assume you'd be taking the summon nature's ally as spells so as to have a summoned animal in play in addition to your Eidolon? Otherwise you get summonings per day just by being a summoner, and you get to summon much higher levels of creatures.

Rejuvenate Eidolon is almost crucial, because otherwise you can't heal the thing. (Cure spells, positive channeling, etc. don't work on them)

Mage Armor is useful at first, but quickly becomes worthless for anything with an actual armor bonus.

Since you mentioned taking a low CHA score, I wouldn't rely on any of the debuffs. Your DCs aren't going to be very high.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 am

Haste is pretty cool, yeah. But I have the feeling that Slow might be even more useful given that just about all of us (particularly last session) are casters. Haste will definitely help Yggsethoth against boss-type-things, though.

Thanks for the tip. It's worth looking into getting See Invisibility as well if I do get Glitterdust. But Glitterdust can also blind enemies, so it's good for that too. =3

Summon spells are a mixed bag. They're adaptable spells, but the casting time is a round, so enemies have a lot of chances to try interrupting you. And the ammount of information you have to keep track of is frankly enormous. Which is probably a bigger problem for you than me, since (because I am unable to speak dog) YOU'LL have to be the one controlling them.

Oh, cure spells don't work on them? Well in any case, Life Conduit lets me transfer 1d6 health to or from it as a swift action. That's why Rejuvenate was not on my definite list. edit: Pretty sure that cure spells work on them fine.

Eidolons can't wear armor. =3c

I didn't TAKE a low Cha score. I just didn't roll higher than a 15. (15,15,14,13,12,10) And depending on what spells I get, I might put that +1 in Cha instead of Dex. (Depends on if I want to boost my AC or DC first.) Either way, I was thinking of Eagle's Splendor because it will both increase Officedge's spell DCs and make it easier to avoid fights with river drakes in the future. XD The fact that it was beneficial to me was just icing. Oh, plus I found the idea that I could turn Yggsethoth into the party's face (if I wanted to) hilarious.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 am

I guess a better question is if I should focus on Buffing, Debuffing, or Summoning.

And whether we consider Enlarge or Reduce Person a better buff.

edit: Actually, given that Summoners only have 6 spell levels (and thus lower save DCs), it would probably be better to remove Debuffing from that list.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 am

i like buffing more than debuffing. more positive feelings all around when your character feels stronger than when the enemy is weaker imo

the thing with all of this is that you want to make it balance with the rest of the party, but with this campaign being a kind of drop-in-drop-out thing, our party is inconsistent... last time we had a cleric, a sorcerer, an inquisitor, a rogue, a witch....

also. honestly. I think you should get Kino's permission to reroll your base stats. You want at least a 16 in something.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Given the attribute rolling system, there's a 36% chance of not rolling higher than a 15. (And a 10% chance of not rolling higher than a 14.) So statistically that is a third of us.

The base attributes sum up to 79. There's a 38% chance of that not being higher than 79, as well. Once again, statistically that is a third of us.

The chance of both occurring is higher than one ninth, due to the highly dependent relationship they have on each other. I'm guessing that it's about a one-in-three, maybe one-in-four.

There are 7 of us. That means that statistically 2 of us have those kind of attributes. Given that I am a summoner (meaning that my attributes aren't quite as important to me as they are to others), I'm not going to complain that I am 1 of those 2.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks to Kino's input, I've managed to hammer out my spell list, feats, and ability scores. Thanks! =D

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:58 pm

@Eidolon healing

what. the. fuck. Ahahahaha. Oh man. My group is full of liars. 99% of all the times you hear me quoting rules incorrectly it's because a) they House Ruled it and I didn't realize it was a house rule, not a real rule OR b) they didn't know the right rule and just kept running with it. I guess everyone saw "The eidolon does not heal naturally" and the specific cure-Eidolon spells on the Summoner list and drew the conclusion that you can't use a Cure spell on an Eidolon. WHELP. Since my IRL campaign has a Summoner, I better run and tell them about that. Sorry for the confusion!

@Stats

Yeah my IRL group just generated new characters, and we used the point-buy system which I think it's almost better than the rolling. Since everyone else already rolled, though, I don't know... it seems cruel to change it midstream like this, but I'd only ever used the rolling method so that's what I went with. We also had an entire character creation matrix which is way more convoluted than we need to get into here.

Also don't forget you have enough money to raise that 15 to a 17, if you spend your gold correctly. A Headband of Alluring Charisma +2 is within your price range, 4K gold.

edit: Oh, yeah, and I'm here today... -__-; https://app.roll20.net/join/17347/YysJLw

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: July 21th)

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:02 pm

136 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”