Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: August 4th)

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

136 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play!

Postby noodles » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:10 am

officedge
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby officedge » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 am

Name: Hughes
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer

I'm still working on everything else, and I probably will appear very late this Saturday for the test-run because I have to portage a canoe.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 am

i'm predicting a lot of humans and elves

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:13 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Mine's half-elf. I would have gone with half-orc, Noobles, but turns out a clumsy, slow, dimwitted beast isn't good for the rouge class.

Hey, you said your guy was going to dislike mine, may as well give him a reason to!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 am

for a rogue, yeah a half-orc isnt the best. But they aren't clumsy, slow, or dim-witted

also you know you keep writing "rouge" right

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Okay! I am online and ready.

Whoever has a character can join me for a general "practice" session today in order to get acquainted with the virtual table top system. I can't get OpenRPG to run on my laptop, so I'm testing out a few others today to see which I like.

Also if you want to talk about your character or get help, I am available for the next 8 hours on AIM. My username is SmashEveryPot so just throw me a message.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:47 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:04 pm

If you need help making a character:

A more detailed guide to creating a Pathfinder character for this RPG

I am copy/pasting the class descriptions from the SRD here for you to look at

(I have asterisked classes which are more suitable for beginners. I have placed a parenthetical x beside classes which I would be very hesitate to see a beginner try to play, especially if you have never done a tabletop RPG before)

This is the order of character creation I like to use:

- The first thing you'll need to do is determine your class. Read each class description, think about how you want to be useful to the party and the role you'd like to play.

- Next pick your race: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half Elf, Halfling, Half Orc, Human
Each one comes with attributes and abilities, so read carefully and choose wisely, but it's really whatever you would like to play.

- Now you will generate your base stats/ability scores. As I have said before, the method you should use is roll 3d6 and re-roll 1s and 2s to generate numbers between 9 and 18.
Now add to these results any racial bonuses you receive. For example, humans choose to add +2 to any stat they'd like. Typically each class is dependent on having one really good stat -- Clerics need a high Will, Witches a high Intelligence, Sorcerers and Bards a high Charisma, Fighters a high Strength, etc. Look at what skills get mentioned in your character description. If you're not sure how to distribute your stats, ask.
Because you begin at level 5, you may also add 1 additional point to any stat of your choosing.
When we are referring to your stats we mean two things. Let's look at this illustration I have made:

(fig. 1)

The blue shaded box is where you put the whole number for your entire ability score. Let's say for example you have a Strength of 17. You put 17 into the blue shaded box on your character sheet.
Now the red shaded box is your ability modifier. This is the number you will be using anytime you are asked to "add your strength" or really do anything involving this stat. How we determine the modifier is by taking the ability score, subtracting 10, and dividing by 2 (round down decimals) For my example 17 Strength, this becomes a 3. (17 - 10 = 7, 7/2 = 3.5, rounded down to a 3)
Any base score that is below a 10 will result in a negative number. Keep this in mind when allocating your stats.

In my next post, we will cover Feats, Traits, and Equipment!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:16 pm

The only problem I have is trying to figure out what i'm going to spend 10,500 freaking gold on. I'm darn rich!

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:44 pm

It'll go faster than you think, trust me. Here's some really great items you may want to consider:

Belt of Mighty Constitution, Giant's Strength, or Incredible Dexterity +2 (4,000gp each) - grants a +2 stat increase to a base ability score (which means +1 to your modifier)
Headband of Alluring Charisma, Inspired Wisdom, or Vast Intelligence +2 (4,000gp each) - grants a +2 stat increase to a base ability score (which means +1 to your modifier)
Horseshoes of Speed (3,000gp) - grants a 30 foot enhancement bonus to a horse's base land speed (for Paladin and Cavaliers with mounts or Rangers, Clerics or Druids with animal companions)

Eyes of the Eagle (2,500gp) - Grants a +5 competence bonus to Perception checks
Cloak of Elvenkind (2,500gp) - Grants a +5 competence bonus to Stealth checks
Boots of Elvenkind (2,500gp) - Grants a +5 competence bonus to Acrobatics checks

Bag of Holding type I (2,500gp) - Weighs 15lbs but holds upwards of 250lbs of stuff
Hat of Disguise (1,800gp) - creates a magical illusion of disguise as per the disguise self spell

Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000gp) or +2 (4,000gp) - grants a +1 or +2 bonus to all saves

Ring of Protection +1 (2,000gp) - +1 deflection bonus to AC
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2,000gp) - +1 natural armor bonus
Bracers of Armor +1 (1,000gp) or +2 (4,000gp) - grants a +1 or +2 armor bonus (does not stack with existing armor, however, so this is best for arcane spellcasters or normally cannot wear armor)

You may also choose to take enhancements to your armor/shield or weapons.

You can afford any single +1 weapon enhancement (2,000gp) such as:
- +1 attack/damage (normal +1 enhancement)
or +1 cost equivalent enhancement
- Bane: bonuses against one creature type
- Keen: doubles critical threat range
- Flaming/Shock/Frost: extra element damage, fire, electric, frost respectively
- Throwing: hurl your sword at the enemy!

You can also afford any +1 (1,000gp), or any +2 (4,000gp) equivalent armor/shield enhancement.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Is it alright if I have an insignificant amount left, say, 400 gold?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Absolutely, just mark that for your character. You will have opportunities later to buy new equipment or needed supplies (such as pricey material components for spells, if applicable) or upgrade your old equipment, etc.

You can choose to begin the game with only the most basic equipment, or dress your character in rags, and keep the whole 10,500gp starting wealth if you like!

If you'd like help getting the rest of your character put together, Yuna, just let me know. I'm on AIM right now ^^

136 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”