Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: August 4th)

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

136 posts
Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pathfinder RPG - Come play! (next game: June 23rd)

Postby Starfe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Session #1 - The Farmers and their Fields

Hildegard, the second in command of the Pathfinder Society, issued this adventure to Zamisk the Rogue, Evangelo the Inquisitor, and Hughes the Sorcerer.

Farmers near the city had been reporting damage to their fields. They requested the help of the Pathfinder Society to solve the problem. The trio of adventurers set forth at once to investigate, after first finding out from the City Guard that the Farmers may have just been spooked and suspicious, or perhaps the City Guard just wasn't taking their complaints seriously.

The farmers reported hearing strange and terrifying noises from their fields overnight while they were sleeping. The farmer whose house lay closest to the affected fields even reported seeing lights. As the adventurers investigated the damaged crops to look for clues, Zamisk's keen eye noticed some of the plants were actually harboring Garden Oozes!

The Oozes proved no match for the strength and skill of the gathered Pathfinders. In the aftermath of the battle, Evangelo reflected on his impressive knowledge regarding monsters and concluded that, although the acidic Oozes had been damaging the crops, they could not be the sole source of the farmers' complaints. The party decided to wait overnight in ambush with one corner of the area guarded with a magical alarm spell.

During the night, Hughes and Zamisk stayed awake to watch over the area. They spotted a strange light floating out of the forest. Zamisk cleverly thought to hurl a harmless bit of stone at Evangelo in order to rouse him, and the three adventurers rushed toward the light source, which appeared to be a living creature. Startled by their presence when everyone but the rogue failed their stealth checks, the little light creature began emitting a near-musical like sound. Although it appeared to be a language, none of the adventurers could initially make sense of it -- especially since the alarm spell tripped and began confusing matters.

In the calm after Hughes dispelled his alarm, Evangelo realized that the light creature was in fact speaking snippets of Infernal; the words "help!" and "friend!" His monster lore once again revealed the true nature of the creature, that this was in fact a good-aligned, friendly little creature called an Archon Lantern. Evangelo quickly called to his fellow guild members not to harm the creature, as it likely meant them well. A brief conversation using the little Lantern's limited Infernal speech ability told the adventurers that the Lantern wanted to help them, or possibly needed help.

Before much could be done about the situation, Hughes heard a rumbling destruction coming their way out of the forest beyond. A massive Ochre Jelly appeared with deadly intent. Desperate to help its new friends, the little Archon Lantern nobly dove toward the beast in order to assist -- and took the brunt of the nefarious attack. Although dazed by the acidic assault, the Lantern persevered and the adventures proved strong enough to unite and overcome the threat.

With the Jelly slain, the Farmers emerged tentatively to investigate the sound of battle. Initially they mistook the Archon Lantern for the monster who had been damaging their crops, but Evangelo, Hughes, and Zamisk were able to convince them of the good creature's attempted defense of the them, insofar as it was able. Further conversation with the Lantern, in Hughes's fluent Celestial, revealed to the adventurers that it had become separated from its family by what it described as a massive whirlwind. Seeming ripped from its native plane by unknown nefarious energies, the Archon Lantern found itself in the Oakheart Forest outside the city.

The adventurers agreed to try to find a means to return the Lantern to its family. Meanwhile they returned to the Pathfinder Guild with the little Archon Lantern in tow. Pleased with their successful investigation, Hildegard gave rewards to the adventurers and made note of their reliability for future quests. The Lantern currently can be found hanging out in the Guild Hall, providing song and light for the gentle amusement of the adventurers.

The adventurers received 500 gold pieces each for this mission.

(please note that if you did not participate in this adventuring session, you do not receive this addition gold)

What I have decided is that I will periodically issue "pay" to every character, regardless of the number of sessions that you have been able to participate, to help keep things even. This is a compromise between players who feel that it is unfair to reward everyone equally and my own belief that having unbalanced characters based on participation is unfair. Experience doesn't really matter; characters will level up simultaneously at set points during the story's progression. How does that seem to everyone?

Next I will type the short summary for Toben is Missing, Part I!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 pm

That sounds alright, I wouldn't really mind either way, it's the game that counts in the end, right?

For times tomorrow, i'm not quite sure, I may be able to get on when it begins, I might not, but I will definately be able to be on mid-game and beyond. Though I do have a question, how will we deal with lunch-time? Will we all take a break when you leave, or can we each just go about our business when our stomach begins to threaten us?

You never explicitly stated what we're going to use this time around, the normal program or browser flash thingie Noobles suggested?

I need to put up a few things about my character though, huh? Ugh, later, I need to take a procrastination pill or two.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Ahh rats. Is Noodles still going to be playing an Inquisitor? I dont really want to double up on classes. I thought page 1 said he was going to play a cleric, maybe?

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:29 am

No, he should be playing a cleric for our game. The inquisitor character was just a temporary sub since he didn't have the Cleric made yet.

@program to be using

I would like to use VTable with Hamachi still for tomorrow. I won't have time to play-test the new browser-based system for this session, but since people tend to be responding positively I will definitely check it out for next time. As it is, we will progress as normal.

@lunch

I will eat at the desk, as I always do on Saturday, so my only interruptions will be phone call and/or customers. if anyone needs to take a break to get food, well, we'll just handle that when it happens. I won't be going anywhere; I cannot leave the store! I will brb to help customers and answer the phone, but such interruptions won't be very long.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:09 am

Name: Fallond
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian (Archetype: urban, if permitted)

Still working on the character sheet and background, not sure if it will be ready for tomorrow, but Kino is helping me with it.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 am

That summary made me sound awesome. Well, more awesome.

Keep up the good flattery, Kino!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 pm

So, did we decide on a particular time for the session today?

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm here and ready. I believe the agreement was that everyone would be awake and available in a few hours, closer to 11-12EST/8-9 PST?

But, no. A consensus was not reached.

(also I've peeked around the roll20 site, and I prefer VTable's layout. The computer I'm using is rather slow and doesn't react nicely to complex websites. Also I'm terrified of anything with voice/music/sound capability because whatever this computer plays the entire store hears over the PA system)

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 pm

So... which Hamachi network will be used today? I'm currently connected to ITL_RPG2, and it says ITL_RPG1 and 3 are full.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:54 pm

You just need to be on a single Hamachi network with me. I am on several because there is a 5 person limit to each network.

Zamisk, Yuuna, and noodles should all be using ITL_RPG

negzee and Starfe use ITL_RPG2

Everyone else can start filling up ITL_RPG5 (password: etria)

Please do not connect to more than one Hamachi network since space is limited. So long as you are on a single network with me, you'll be able to use my IP address on VTable.

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm up! I shall be available shortly!

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:51 pm

The session will be starting very soon, since everyone () seems to be awake and moving :3

edit: nope, complete round-up!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 am

tl;dr for future summary of today's session: Zamisk kicks all kinds of head-severing ass and got a sweet trophy for the guild hall. Not much else happened.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

136 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”