Discussions for Horizon Odyssey(Where you rant at the GM)

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

RP Pacing(Do post reasons for choice)

Too Slow
No votes
It's Alright
100%
Too Fast
No votes
Skip mundane stuff, wanna go to the Labyrinth now!
No votes

Total votes: 4

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ideas for an EO RP

Postby Curry-Kohai » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 am

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Rothene
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rothene » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:49 am

At the moment, this is my idea of where the RP will be set(Names are subject to change):

So, I've left out naming any particular nation in it because I want to give RPers more free reign over where they come from and what their cultural background is like. Also, don't feel like associating any one class to a nation at the moment. It also let's me be lazy and when I pour in new classes not tied to Yggdrasil, I don't have to retcon anything.

A few lore restrictions is:
-Airships have not been invented, but large hot air balloons are being developed by some nations. These will eventually see action.
-Only a nation has just moved on from the prototype of a steam powered ship. So first claim first serve
-Alchemist arms thingies have a core that does most of the work and are only found in Horizon, not made anywhere at all. This doesn't mean Alchemist must all be from Horizon, but most are and that's the only reason why the Horizon army is so feared. The core sells well so be on guard for thugs.

I also intend to keep track of days passing by, because with enough time passing, some NPC guilds might get to easier floors or discover some secrets before the RPer guild(This idea is heavily subjected to change because a) Might steal PCs thunder, b) Is another thing to keep tabs on and over complicate the system)

Quests will be handled in a fanfic manner, as in the GM just role plays the NPC who gives it out, mentions a few warnings and then leave it up for the PC to make a long post of finishing it, unless they band together and bond together or something on the way in which case multiple posts are allowed. Some harder trickier quests will involve the GM PMing the individual RPer on whether they succeed or not if alone, although if they automatically succeed if they tag along one who's meant to succeed. Unless said person wants to intentionally fail anyway then ah well. Yes, this implies that Quests can be cleared alone.

There will be a Monster Codex and Floor Information thread made for RPers to design their own encounters and will be updated as more things are discovered

So, thoughts?

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:15 am

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:34 am

Questing will serve as a distraction from the main plot, and will be handy for the scenario of there being more than 5 Rpers, and 5 are already delving through the main plot. The other people can instead go out and do the side quests. But nothing should stop those who are trying to explore pathways to new floors from taking the quest and hoping to complete it on the way.

This is assuming the party size is restricted to 5 max.

Quests can also be used for more surgical character development between a few characters I suppose. And from the GM side, it can help develop some NPCs if the NPC tags along with a smaller group.

And then there's the rewards from Quests such as discovering new places, weird monsters, finding rare items that can be used to make boss/FOE fights easier.

As for practice, only way to find out is when it is put to the test by RPers and GMs. :P

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 am

EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 am

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:57 am

I mentioned somewhere around November. Mainly because that is just after exams, projects and summer break will hit. And I still have to finalise the overall plot, the first strata and NPCs before starting off. If I get a Co-GM, then I can start on the weekends soonest with less worry, since a Co-GM should be able to pick up the slack when I disappear for exams.

Rothene
Fenrir

Re: Discussions for Horizon Odyssey(Where you rant at the GM

Postby Rothene » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes, this shall be the proper discussion thread about the RP. OOC Discussion may still remain in the Sign up thread as long as it is 'character' related.

Everything else can go here such as warnings for long disappearances, dissatisfaction with the RP etc. Also, new poll.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:38 am

Concerning chronology and locations:

Chronologically, All 4 labyrinths have been cleared. Word might not have traveled as far or fast.

My vision is that Etria's labyrinth was the first one, but not too well known and when they boast of a lot of explorers, they were largely native to Etria's region. This operates under the assumption that news does not travel very far or fast due to the lack of internet or global news agencies. Global news is largely in the hands of the leaders of their respective nations.

All the labyrinths are very far apart from each other, that presumably cataclysm's are instead the end of the world as the people in the region knew it instead of an actual global disaster. There can be a unifying real 'end of the global world' set waaay in the past which will be based off the EO1 plot. The rest is tied to their own areas and very very far apart from each other.

Horizon's Labyrinth is meant to affect things on a global scale, hence why people from so many regions are starting to converge on it. Etria might only have spread as far as its own country and some neighbors.

I worked out some ideas on where the 4 settings of the 4 games are based of the remains of past civilisations.
Etria = Somewhere in Japan because of, implied reasons
Lagaard = Somewhere in Eastern Russia, because of 'Siberian' sabertooth tigers and gunner clothing, and proximity to Japan, hence very similar classes.
Armoroad = Erm, toss up between somewhere in the middle of the pacific or atlantic. Continents do move.
Tharsis = Western Europe, not confirmed which country.

Chronologically, my laziness decides to set it as EO1 followed by EO2 shortly in terms of discovery and Eo2 being last to complete. EO3 and EO4 were completed around the same time and happened just before EO1 but had far less publicity because they were quite far away especially EO3, if you weren't into the navy, chances are you never even know the incident happened.

In summary
Discovery Oldest -> Latest:
EO3>>>>>>>>EO4>EO1>EO2>Horizon Odyssey
Complete Oldest -> Latest:
EO1>EO3=EO4>EO2

Lagaard was cleared about 3 years after Etria.
In order of clearning:
Etria -> 2years later -> Armoroad -> 2 months later -> Tharsis -> 1year later -> Lagaard.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:24 am

So now that we've got well over five (I believe we're at seven?) characters, how are we going to roll for who is going into the labyrinth? And what are the characters who sit out going to do during that time?

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:42 am

We can press forward with more than 5, or split the guild into teams. More than five would lead to increased random encounter frequency and docile FOEs become aggressive(Narrative wise, shit happens more but hey, you have more people to handle it now ya?)

No one needs to sit out. With 7 people, the group can split into teams of 3s and 4s, or some go in as a pair while the other 5 press further. Or all 7 go through together and face tougher challenges. The limit of 5 in a party is not as strictly enforced.

Multiple parties can also be used to comb the floors more easily as I have branching paths designed.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Roth man, I just wanted to say nice work. This RP has more momentum than most ever get here and you're still going strong from what I can see. Keep up the good work!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 am

If anyone is shocked at the sudden timeskip I imposed, well, I was thinking that having the labyrinth section with possible(If you go with more than 5 in a party, then highly likely) encounters on a weekend will help battles flow better if everyone is on at around the same time.

Also, we should totally use the irc found here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=955
when there's a battle for quick communication!

edit: On second thought, irc seems to be glitchy. I'm thinking we can either use skype if we all have skype accounts and willing, or, we try mibbit where I find things reliable.

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 am

Sorry I'm slow to reply as of late.

All my professors decided to assign large projects at the same time.

I hope to become more active soon. D:

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

Sorry for being absent for a while, just had some minor troubles. Although unsure if I can post, gotta read up on what's been happening and all that.
When you're alone, always remember:

55 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”