So I've had this idea...

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Yggdrago
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So I've had this idea...

Postby Yggdrago » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:10 am

...of a science-fiction setting for roleplaying, based on what I posted in the General Writing thread over in the Discussion Section. Now bear in mind that I have absolutely no experience with roleplaying at all (except for some very basic stuff a couple of years ago), so this is probably the worst system you've ever seen.

So far I don't have much. I have a very simplified combat system (extremely simplified to be honest), and some basic unit profiles. I've written it down in Word (the combat system plus what little story I have so far) and Excel (the tables with unit info and stuff), and if anyone could tell me how to upload the stuff here, I'd love to! Otherwise, I guess all I could do for now is hide the combat system in spoilers, so here goes:

Last edited by Yggdrago on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
This post was brought to you by me. It's Yggdra-good!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Re: So I've had this idea...

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 am

I don't know about everyone else, but in the case of play-by-posts, I don't particularly care for PnP type rules, I prefer a more storytelling oriented approach. If you want it to have rules and such, we should organize meetings on a program or something, like Kino's Pathfinder games.

But a science fiction setting sounds great! and a good change of pace from the fantasy settings the other RPs here offer.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:50 am

Well yeah, I didn't necessarily intend for this to be something done on a forum. I know that there's a program out there which is really neat for rolling the dice and showing the positions of people on a map and stuff, which is what I kinda had in mind.

Though before this is really ready to be played it needs a lot more story, and that's always the part where I get stuck. Too many ideas, but not enough desire to write them down.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 pm

If that's a problem for you, I think you would benefit from a voice recorder. I certainly have.

As for the system, can magic attacks be dodged? Their description states that they can't be dodged, but then the next sentence says the opposite.

EDIT: By the way, you can attach files to your post, it's underneath the submit button.
Attachments
a228f6a748a34792b244d31548658f68.jpeg
See?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 am

Nah, they can't be dodged. I'm dividing combat and social actions into two different sets of stats for characters, and one of the combat stats is just simply named Dodge (D). Every character has a Dodge value that's their natural ability to dodge attacks and traps and all sorts of things. The Dodge stat is slightly higher than Melee/Ranged Proficiency (basic unit gets 5 MP/RP and 7 D), so instead of rolling the usual d10 for dodging you only get a d5. Magic can't be dodged, but the Magic Attack Roll still has to be a higher result than your enemy's Dodge stat. Maybe I should rename that stat...

As for the attachments, I've tried adding the documents, but I always get a little message saying in red text that the files can't be uploaded because the extension "odt" or "docx" isn't allowed. Does that mean I have to take screenshots? That'd kinda suck :/

EDIT: Renamed the Dodge stat to Evasion, that should make it more clear. Also added social stuff. Now it's back to writing story stuff...

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”