Horizon Odyssey, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth sign up thread

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Riseatrance
Manticor

Re: Horizon Odyssey, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth sign up thread

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:16 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

FrankerZ
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:20 am

okay, just thought I'd check.

hehehe, this is getting interesting.

EDIT: Pokemon ate a lot of my weekend. I'm back to writing higher quality stuff now.

Straybow
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Straybow » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 am

Name: Ezekiel Brenner (Zeke if he on good terms with someone)

Class: Protector

Nationality: Ezekiel hails from the island kingdom of Lungre that contains the town of Etria, the town in which Ezekiel was born and raised, within it's borders. Being a region where there is little fertile ground due to the mountainous terrain they are (mostly) a seafaring people, and as such have developed the first, non-prototype, steam powered ship. Because of this accomplishment it is possible for most citizens to travel with relative ease from their homeland to the unknown land in the west.

Personality: Ezekiel is carefree and friendly; however, this does not in anyway mean that he is naive or quick to trust; nor does it mean that he always thinks things through. His time in Etria as a guard served him well; it allowed him to witness the dangers of a Labyrinth through helping explorers and hearing their stories. As such, whenever he's in the labyrinth he's cautious and calculating rather than his usual carefree self.

Appearance:

Backstory: Ezekiel was born before the sudden emergence of Etria's Yggdrasil Labyrinth, and knows firsthand what it's like to live in a situation in which one doesn't know when they'll get their next meal. As such, even though he's loath to admit is, he knows his way around some of the less, er... 'honest markets' far more than he wishes he did. However, this does mean he's quite good at identifying 'discount' items.

When the Labyrinth appeared for the first time he, like many others eager to move up in life, raced to explore the dungeon and claim the assumed riches that lie inside for himself. Considering that they had little more than daggers and their clothes for weapons and armour at the time he was extremely lucky to have survived the initial charge into the Labyrinth.

After the initial rush died down the Radha decided to spread the news of an impenetrable dungeon worldwide (or what they thought was worldwide anyway. In truth it was only spread throughout Lungre). They also decided they would needs guards in the labyrinth to help fledgling explorers and so the guard corps were formed. Of course, Ezekiel and most of the other survivors signed up seeing as they had experienced the dangers of the Labyrinth first hand (and being a citizen was required to be a guard; not to mention guilds had yet to be formed). However, compared to the many explorers that came to town many of the other guardsmen lacked the drive to actually improve themselves beyond being capable in the first stratum.

Resigned to fact that he would never make any discoveries as a guard and the fact that new discoveries in the Labyrinth were becoming scarce, meaning Etria would soon revert to how it had been before the labyrinth, he turned in his guard armor and left Etria for the recently discovered land in the west. Shortly after he arrived, word of the Horizon incident reached his ears and just like that he was off; this time determined to actually discover more than that the Labyrinth was a dangerous place.

Skills: Provoke 3
Last edited by Straybow on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 am

And then there was a tank. Ezekiel approved!

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:59 am

Hopefully it wouldn't be out of place if I ask this, but can we clear up the chronology of all the Yggdrasil trees?

I'm thinking currently that the High Laagard's labyrinth is the oldest known one (for RP canon) with it being "completed" and the clearing guild immortalized as heros.

With Ezekiel's backstory, there's an unfortunate backstory conflict with Victor's if I'm understanding this right. If there was another uncleared labyrinth that appeared before Horizon's labyrinth, Victor's group would be there trying to clear that one and not in Horizon.

It's the GM's call, but I hope you all understand complaining about somebody else's backstory is the last thing I ever want to do in any RP. I'm sorry D:

Straybow
Ragelope

Postby Straybow » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:23 am

Well conflicts are bound to occur seeing as EO1 and EO2's stories are kinda at odds with each other. Both games are undoubtedly in the same world which is directly stated through the password function, the others... not so much. In EO2 humans flee up Yggdrasil however in EO1 by the time one Yggdrasil was complete just about everyone (if not everyone excluding Yggdrasil himself) was dead.

For simplicity's sake you could just assume the western lands went undiscovered until after news of the Labyrinth had spread and had become common knowledge.

We could also take the EOU approach and claim that there are seven (six but that's spoilers) Yggdrasils all with a Primevil at the bottom ready to corrupt the world and that the Lagaardian Yggdrasil still has that monstrosity down there.

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you that you need to change anything, I'd just prefer to sort stuff like this out to avoid any future confusion on my part.

Currently, I'm thinking that the Etria labyrinth appeared/became "publicly" known around the time that Vic's group was either still in the military/just starting adventuring (which would be like 5-6 years from current in RP time). This would mean that even if they did hear about it, they wouldn't have enough money to get their/lacked experience to completely uproot their lives.

Would something like this work?

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:49 am

Chronologically, All 4 labyrinths have been cleared. Word might not have traveled as far or fast.

My vision is that Etria's labyrinth was the first one, but not too well known and when they boast of a lot of explorers, they were largely native to Etria's region. This operates under the assumption that news does not travel very far or fast due to the lack of internet or global news agencies. Global news is largely in the hands of the leaders of their respective nations.

All the labyrinths are very far apart from each other, that presumably cataclysm's are instead the end of the world as the people in the region knew it instead of an actual global disaster. There can be a unifying real 'end of the global world' set waaay in the past which will be based off the EO1 plot. The rest is tied to their own areas and very very far apart from each other.

Horizon's Labyrinth is meant to affect things on a global scale, hence why people from so many regions are starting to converge on it. Etria might only have spread as far as its own country and some neighbors.

I worked out some ideas on where the 4 settings of the 4 games are based of the remains of past civilisations.
Etria = Somewhere in Japan because of, implied reasons
Lagaard = Somewhere in Eastern Russia, because of 'Siberian' sabertooth tigers and gunner clothing, and proximity to Japan, hence very similar classes.
Armoroad = Erm, toss up between somewhere in the middle of the pacific or atlantic. Continents do move.
Tharsis = Western Europe, not confirmed which country.

Chronologically, my laziness decides to set it as EO1 followed by EO2 shortly in terms of discovery and Eo2 being last to complete. EO3 and EO4 were completed around the same time and happened just before EO1 but had far less publicity because they were quite far away especially EO3, if you weren't into the navy, chances are you never even know the incident happened.

In summary
Discovery Oldest -> Latest:
EO3>>>>>>>>EO4>EO1>EO2>Horizon Odyssey
Complete Oldest -> Latest:
EO1>EO3=EO4>EO2

@Frankerz: Yeah, that could work too.

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:24 am

How long ago was Laagard's labyrinth cleared then? I only ask because I'd hate to accidentally skew all your lore by having Victor say that Laagard was cleared 2-3 generations ago.

I appreciate this btw ^_^

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 am

Lagaard was cleared about 3 years after Etria.
In order of clearning:
Etria -> 2years later -> Armoroad -> 2 months later -> Tharsis -> 1year later -> Lagaard.

This will probably make Ezekiel very young when Etria became a thing. But I guess guard duty on first floor didn't need a master explorer's maturity.

Timeline seems reasonable? Move rest of the discussion to the other thread.

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:40 am

Ok perfect.

Thank you.

I'll ask other RP related questions on the other thread from now on.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 am

Hey, this might be kinda late and stuff, but I wanna join up if I can. I never played before but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it, haha.
But seriously i've never played before so can I please be told how exactly to play and stuff pleeeease?

Anyways, here's my charicter. Might be cliché to use a Landsknecht, but I diddn't notice anyone else using one, so... :P

Name: Isaac

Class: Landsknecht

Nationality: Lagaard(?)

Personality: At first glance, one might think Isaac to be a rude, self-centered, over-confident young scoundrel, and while the over-confident and rude part is certainly true, under his sly and deceitful guise, he truly does care for his friends, and would protect them with his life. Even though he does care for his few friends, however, he is usually the first to suggest stealing money from that sleeping guard or something. His skill with a sword goes pretty nearly unmatched, and he's always bragging about how powerful he is. Isaac is also somewhat perverted, as young men like him usually are, and never misses a chance to oogle at a girl or set up an *cough* "embarrassing situation" for one.

Appearance: For simplicity's sake, this: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/etrianodyssey/art-008.jpg

Backstory: Nobody knows why or how Isaac came to Horizon. One day, for some odd reason he simply showed up, claiming he was from Lagaard. Whenever someone asks him about his past, he always quiets for a while, then smiles and says that he can't remember what happened to him before he came to Horizon, which is of course an obvious lie.

Skills: Sword 2, Counter 1

I hope that i'm not too late, t'would be a true shame.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 am

You're just in time for the re-awakening. We just need to get the posts going again.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Isaac looks acceptable. If you have any ideas about his unrevealed past, PM me about it. On second thought, we need to work out how is he getting introduced. Start a PM with me and we can discuss it. I'm a bit slippery to get a hold off where I am and due to work, but I do check on the site almost daily-ish.

The labyrinth should do something about that confidence, or else the labyrinth's not doing its job. :P

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 am

Good news everyone! I finally have time to RP!!

48 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”