Horizon Odyssey, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth sign up thread

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Rothene
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Horizon Odyssey, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth sign up thread

Postby Rothene » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

This is the sign up for the Etrian Odyssey RP I'll be running.

The RP will be set in Horizon, a once prosperous city built around the infamous Yggdrasil Labyrinth that is currently facing potential invasion from all corners, emigrating population and unusual earthquakes.

Only thing keeping it alive is the sudden influx of explorers who are funded by both Horizon and the various nations of the world to plunder secrets within the Yggdrasil labyrinth and find the key to stopping the unnatural earthquakes that now plaque the globe.

YOU are an explorer from anywhere, not restricted to Horizon, and YOU have what it takes to delve into the labyrinth and discover its secrets. With the help of your fellow guildmates of course.

Rules and Things of Note:(MUST READ)

Setting: (For those who find the summary above insufficient)

Classes and their skill lists:
At the moment you have 3 skill points to spend. Unless a skill states otherwise, you can place up to 3 skill points in a skill, 1 point = Novice, 2 = Veteran, 3 = Master. It denotes the mastery a character has in a skill, although 1 Rank only skills are instantly Master rank when learned. Some skills have a Prerequisite of points spent in other skills as stated. Some skills unlock more skills as points are placed into the skill, for example, 1 point in Fire unlocks Fire, but 3 points unlocks Fire, Inferno and Flame while 2 points unlock Fire and Inferno only. More skill points will be available as more Stratas are opened up, to reflect how all explorers are getting stronger as a whole.

Lore Restrictions:
-Airships have not been invented, but large hot air balloons are being developed by some nations. These will eventually see action.
-Only a nation has just moved on from the prototype of a steam powered ship. So first claim first serve
-Alchemist arm thingies have a core that does most of the work and are only found in Horizon, not made anywhere at all. This doesn't mean Alchemist must all be from Horizon, but most are and that's the only reason why the Horizon army is so feared. The core sells well so be on guard for thugs.

Name:
Class:
Nationality: Nations are not specified so, roll with whatever you wanna name your nation and what it does. But Alchemists are far rarer outside of Horizon because of supply.
Personality: Don't sweat it, personally, I let the PC do the defining rather than define it here.
Appearance: Written or Picture your choice
Backstory:
Skills: Eg. Fire 2, Volt 1

RP will start around the weekend. Discussions, Sign ups and questions also go here. The main RP thread is reserved strictly for In character stuff.

Fun bit of info:
Last edited by Rothene on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rothene
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Horizon Odyssey, the Yggdrasil Labyrinth sign up thread

Postby Rothene » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Guild: ITL
Guildmembers: Character Name | Class (RPer Name) [Status]

Name: Robin ben Chris
Class: Guildmaster
Nationality: Unknown
Personality: Unknown
Appearance: Backstory: Unknown
Skills: Guild formation 3(Guild formation, Register, Dismiss)
Last edited by Rothene on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 am

Name: Sakurakouji Reo (桜小路 れお ln fn)
Class: Ronin
Nationality: None, Reo hails from the nomad clan of Sakurakouji; they are always on the move to spread their numbers. More on this in the backstory.
Personality: Reo does his best to uphold the values of his clan, but comes into conflict with the fact he was born male, when his clan has been historically matriarchal - all leaders before him were female, with the males ultimately taking the backseat. When Reo was the only child of the current generation, he was raised as a female, which was a fortunate move for his parents because he inherited the appearance of his mother. Thus he finds himself at conflict with the male aspects of his psyche, and sometimes may seem awkward. Most of the time, though, he manages to uphold his proper form and act as a warrior woman of the Sakurakouji clan normally would.
Appearance: Reo has long, straight black hair (slightly below shoulder-length), coupled with flattened bangs (himecut) accompanied by a twist headband with blue stripes. His figure isn't that slender, though it's quite toned and defined where it counts (the legs and the arms). As a result, he looks a little on the athletic side. He could be comfortable wearing anything (which, again, his parents found a blessing). Kindly refer to for Reo's typical wear in the battlefield, and yes, he does wear this and his body can accommodate it. That said, his eyes are rather... strange to see on a man, they look something like these , and are an emotionless red in color.
Backstory: As mentioned earlier, Reo hails from a clan of nomad Ronin - the Sakurakouji clan, hence they are not strictly tied to a particular territory. They are most known for offering mercenary services, as how historical Ronin might have been at some point - samurai figures with no specific master or daimyo to serve. The Sakurakouji clan are also known for being predominantly female - the females are the fighters, while the males handle the intelligence and the espionage (hence within the clan, males are more often seen as 'ninja' hence they are sometimes looked down upon by the females, but this is a particular quirk of the clan's culture. Naturally, that the girls and boys married at once means something). However, Reo was an exception. Since he was born as the sole child of the current generation, the fruit between his mother Ayaka and his father Sanzou, they had quite a dilemma. They had no legitimate successor, as at the time, Ayaka was the head. Upon further inspection though, it turned out Reo had inherited the femininity of his mother (a bit too much of it, according to Sanzou) so the two decided they would raise him as a female, and never bring to reveal the fact he was actually a boy. Thus, while he had a heavy female influence in his life which helped him to blend more with the heavily matriarchal culture of the clan, it also forced on him certain mental issues such as when he found out he had a certain thing the other warriors did not, he tried to ask his parents about it but they did not teach him what it meant to be a 'male' so evidently, that would be something he had to find out on his own. Even so, he tried hard to come to terms with his role in the clan.

Eventually, when he came of age, the situation in Horizon broke out, and his parents took this as the perfect, ultimate test to see if Reo would really be capable of handling becoming... the unorthodox head of the clan. If he could handle being one of them, and make it back to them alive, he would be most likely considered something of a legendary child to his parents, considering the burden of coming to terms with the male and female persona of the person.

Skills
Dead Law 3
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 am

Reo approved. And the world now has matriarchal nomad clans~

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:00 am

I'm interested. I haven't followed the Etrian Odyssey games that much (only played a bit of the first one) but I'd still like to participate since it does seem to need extensive knowledge of the games. Dibs on the Alchemist.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 am

I don't think it'll matter how much you know about the game, besides the skills, which you could probably look up descriptions on gamefaqs or something for that. Also darn you I thought I had alchemist in the bag.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:10 am

I thought as much. If you want, we can make contrasting mages (one frost, the other flame) that often get at each other's throats. Unless that unbalances the party. Other than that I can switch to a Hexer or Troubadour instead. They both use magic, and I love that stuff. But again I don't know how well they would fit into a party since they're also support and--

gah this is why I stopped playing EO.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:12 am

No worries mate, just kidding around, I'm either going with a gunner or hexer. No, maybe a troubador? a protector could be fun... ugh.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 am

Phew, finally.

Name: Ihsan Barakat
Class: Troubador
Nationality: Ihsan hails from Riyadh, a desert nation south of horizon. Riyadh fought wars in the past, all of which were religious wars. Riyadhish armies were among the first to threaten invasion of Horizon, hiring mercenaries and making agreements with other nations for a joint attack. When adventuring parties were found to be more efficient, Riyadh quietly sent those mercenaries out to explore, as well as exceptional people from their army.
Personality: Ihsan is an optimist by nature, and prefers to let things happen on their own, as opposed to planning things out. In a conflict, Ihsan prefers to find an easy way out through trickery or deception, rather than face the conflict head on. While she prefers "going with the flow" she is very frugal, and possessive, despite her name meaning "Charity" in Riyadhish. Ihsan takes pride in her great ability to lie and bargain, and uses it to her advantage often.
Appearance:
Ihsan is slender and muscular, with dark skin and brown eyes, and black hair, which is tied back into a large ponytail. She wears traditional Riyadhish dancer's clothing. As well as keeping normal clothing in her bag, which carries her possessions, if she isn't carrying it, she's probably hid it somewhere, to perform for money, under the guise of being poor.
Backstory: Ihsan was born to a poor family, which taught her early on in her life to be careful with her money. She and her four siblings worked together to help their aging mother and father in the family business, carpentry. When their parents died, each of the siblings taking on the carpentering trade. She and the youngest sibling, however, found different jobs, Ihsan herself becoming a dancer.
A dancer in Riyadh doesn't pay well, and Ihsan took up different, more lucrative side jobs. because of personal principle, Ihsan never stole from others directly, only (allegedly) cheating and scamming others for their money. Eventually, the keepers of the law found out about her alleged scams and tax dodging, and she fled the country, with only the sack on her shoulder, of course, it held more money than food, but sometimes you need to cut corners to save, you know?
With her savings, Ihsan traveled the world, making a living through dancing and aforementioned alleged crimes.
When the incident in Horizon began, she found it a brilliant opportunity to head there for easy monetary gain. If she became a famous hero, she might be showered in gifts, given a free place to live, and a title to throw off any authorities that may eventually find her. Thus begins her adventure.
Skills: Dance 3

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 am

Dangerous isn't able to post on Role-Playing 'cause the server won't let her or something, so I'm posting on her behalf until she can post again. So this is her character:

Name: Selendis Farraway
Class: Troubadour
Nationality: Tharsis/Armoroad
Personality: Selendis is a traveler. She sings ballads about the strangest things, including a guild called Dangerus who has been known for kidnapping kings in hopes of wooing them eventually, saving little mediums from large Titans, and the guild leader being madly in love with an 'Imperial'. She also talks about attorneys at law saving a magician and a thief from going to jail and winning the hearts of them and their dames in the process. She's basically a fan-fiction writer, and a pretty mediocre one at best.

She likes drawing the best and can draw out pretty good notes and doodles relating to new discoveries she's made.

Selendis usually tries to keep a level head, but when she sees something that excites her, she's quick to snap.

Appearance:

Backstory:
Selendis Farraway had always followed adventurers around to learn from them what and what not to do in the Labyrinth. Watching the Dangerus Guilds in Armoroad and Tharsis though inspired her to explore herself. However, she was waylayed by the discovery of how the law works inside Horizon, as she watched as the world judged the wicked and the innocent and understood, (although Chaotic Good) why the laws of the land were enforced.

Her first notebook tells the stories of these events, and she would rather summarize it than show off her notebook, as it even has anatomical descriptions of the guild members of Dangerus (both sides) the Abyssal King of Armoroad, the Imperials (especially Logre) , the Medium, and the different races they've met. She's also got anatomical descriptions of two of the defendants and the dames in their lives, as well as the lawyer she watches the cases for.

She has high hopes her second notebook though will only have drawings relating to the Labyrinth for once, and that is what she's here to do.

The female Troubadour is known to shock people, as it was a gift she had when she started becoming a troubadour.

Skills:
Dance:
Bravery 1
Shelter 1

Shock:
Shock 1

FrankerZ
Ragelope

Postby FrankerZ » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:03 am

Can I reserve a gunner?

I'll probably get around to writing it up tomorrow.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:25 am

I don't mind doubling up on classes anyway. XD

Ihsan's approved! Riyadh added to the world map

Selendis approved too! Tharsis and Armoroad is somewhere in the world now too. Maybe another continent.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 am

What's this world map you're talking about? A description of each place? That'd be cool.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:43 am

It means when I feel particularly hardworking, I'll start PMing all of you which parts of the world is your actually situated to make a world map out of.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:46 am

A full-blown world map? Even better, can't wait 'till we have a full party!

48 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”