Horizon Odyssey, Chapter 1, A hopeful fresh start

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

171 posts
Rothene
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Horizon Odyssey, Chapter 1, A hopeful fresh start

Postby Rothene » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:47 pm

"What?" the Explorer guild master asked, surprised as he had lapsed back to reminiscing the not too long ago time when the area was bustling with explorers. "Only advice I can give an explorer in these, unstable times is, beware who the real enemy is on the road and the labyrinth. Beasts do not practice greed. Humans do."

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:25 am

After holding onto the money briefly, the guild master said with a grin, "Second advice, always make sure you have enough En to keep your equipment up to date."

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:52 am

Straybow
Ragelope

Postby Straybow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 am

"So did ya hear about the scam that's been going down at the docks recently?" It was clear that the man asking the question was almost right outside the door to Selendis' cabin as the words were easy to hear.

"Yeah," said the other man, probably a few feet away from the man standing at the door. "Apparently there's been a bunch'a scumbags hanging around tryin' ta charge extra for ride across."

"I wonder if anyone on board was scammed..." said the man at the door. "At the very least the guards are effective."

"I heard most of them are either former explorers or former guardsmen of Etria."

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 am

Selendis nearly chuckled. Charging extra for a steamboat ride back to Horizon? Ridiculous! And who were those scammers in question?

Straybow
Ragelope

Postby Straybow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:00 am

The conversation continued, "Funnily enough, I've heard that the reason why the new guards are so effective is because the scammers are some of the explorers that didn't get very far in the labyrinth."

"But... how can the explorers tell who's who? It seems suspicious that they're that effective." The man glanced around as he finished speaking. Once he was satisfied there was no one nearby he leaned in close to the man at the door and whispered, "I hear the military's getting called in to do an inspection. That's why there has been so many former explorers on the boats recently, they don't want to risk a run in with actual guards."

"Those are just rumors," the other man responded quickly, perhaps too quickly. "They just want to risk their lives in another damn labyrinth."

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Straybow
Ragelope

Postby Straybow » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:35 am

"Oi you two!" a third voice shouted. "I ain't payin' ya ta sit around like a bunch'a rocks! Get back to work before I keelhaul yer arses!" It appeared that the two talking men were nothing but sailors. The sound of them scurrying was evident.

For a time nothing of note happened until a knock came on Selendis' door. "If you're in there get out to the main deck. Mandatory inspection." Shortly after that there was the sound of the man repeating the process several more times before walking away; presumably towards the deck. Whether or not people came out immediately and went to the deck didn't matter. They'd all be checked one way or another.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:02 am

Ihsan snaps out of her confusion, brought about by the shock of one of her guildmates' arms being made into wolf snacks. She shakes her head, taking hold of it. Perhaps she wasn't ready for the labyrinth, she thought.
Had it not been for the stranger, they probably would have been far worse off.
She blinks, stepping out of her stupor as she approaches the stranger, waving. Her knees still shaking, she moves to his side. "Thank you for saving us!" she says, bowing as she grins widely. "I'm Ihsan Barakat, troubador. Um, I suppose it must have been easy to tell we're first timers, um, may I ask your name, stranger?"
she asks, throwing out a disarming smile in his direction.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:09 am

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Ihsan grabbed Isaac's extended hand with both of hers, shaking them a bit as she bows lightly. "Yes, yes, ITL, that's us." she nodded enthusiastically.
"Name's Ihsan Barakat, I'm from the south, Riyadh to be exact. May I ask where you're from? I've only seen that sort of heavy armor in a few places, certainly nowhere near Riyadh."
she said, releasing his hand and reaching into her rucksack, retrieving the map materials. She checked the map, and breathing on the ink to get it warm, got her bearings with the compass she hoped still worked.
"Are there more wolves like that here? I hope that was something rare, otherwise, I just might have to give these materials to someone else, 'cause I'd be out of here!"
She chuckled, turning her head towards him as she waited for an answer.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 pm

"Heh, I don't think I can exactly pin a place I'm from down, really.", Isaac said. "I'm more of a traveler at heart. My armors pretty much a little bit of everywhere I've been. Every place I've been seems to have something new in store.". Isaac opened his bag and showed off a few trinkets from his travels. "Haven't been to Riyadh yet, though. I take it that it's warmer around there, judging by your attire, correct?"

Isaac laughed again. "Gah, I'm getting off-topic again. To answer your other question, I've not been here too long, but I'd hope that wolves like that are at least somewhat rare. I've seen wolves before, but that thing was insane. I'll ask around the tavern though, when we're done here.". Isaac smiled once more, then turned his head back towards the trail. 'Hm, and to think I was afraid that they'd be boring.' Isaac thought to himself. 'I have a feeling that I'm going to have a good time here.'
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:50 pm

In the labyrinth...

Ignoring the eastern path on the left as the group travels southward, it is easy to note the sound of insects, some exotic bird calls and the gentle rustle of grass. The evergreen foliage looks more and more inviting with every step taken away from the clearing covered with wolf's blood.

A small stream cuts across the path, barely thicker than a human arm, nor any deeper. It is extremely clear. Just beyond it, appears to be a T junction of natural formation. which way would one go? Or perhaps the stream proves to be a nice spot to wash the blood and beastly gizzards off one's clothes and armour while others rest easy?

OOC:

171 posts

Return to “Role-Playing”