Roll to Dodge!

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Roll to Dodge!

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm

This is a game I participated in a long, long, LONG time ago, and today I find it to be pretty much the most basic Role-Playing endeavor I've ever partaken in, and also quite fun, if I say so myself. I decided to start more or less the same thing on this forum, because it KINDA counts as Role-Playing. If I'm wrong please don't kill me.

Anyways, the rules are extremely simple (And mostly shamelessly copy pasted from another forum, ehehe):
Basically, users post an action, and I roll a die to see how successful they are. After a roll, users can post another action. Actions can be anything from picking your nose to summoning a planet (although some games have requirements for stuff that isn't humanly possible).
1 = Epic Failure (You do something that puts you worse off than before)
2 = Failure (The action does not occur)
3 = Marginal Success (The action barely occurs, or occurs at some cost)
4 = Success (The action occurs with no cost, or no additional cost if one is required)
5 = Perfect Success (The action occurs with an added bonus)
6 = Overshoot (The action occurs beyond the expected extent, which may be positive or negative)

There's no need to come up with your own character or anything like that, you're just a regular, plain old human being (That, I might add, somehow has the power to do insane stuff if a die lands high enough). I will be taking track of peoples inventories and HP, there isn't any MP or anything unless I plan on adding it later in the game, which I totally might.

If you wanna sign up or have any further questions or you want to kill me then, y'know, reply to the thread. If you're new to Role-Playing, I'm pretty sure this is a good, simple way to start off.

Oh, one last thing. I'm gonna give this thread awhile to pick up some members, then when we get enough, I'll start the actual game, probably on another thread to make it easier to read, maybe even giving it an actual name once some sort of story happens (Probabbly not :3). DON'T BE SCARED TO JOIN, IT'LL BE FUN I PROMISE.

The people who joined:
Last edited by sponge7325 on Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Re: Roll to Dodge!

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 pm

So like, everyone's playing a different character, right? Also I might want to kill you.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 pm

This sounds interesting actually.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu May 01, 2014 2:16 pm

Sure, I could consider join, it's been ages since I dared RPing.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm

I don't need consideration!

I WANT ANSWERS!

Napstablook
Ragelope

Postby Napstablook » Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Due too my past self whining about nobody joining his RP, I've decided to create my own account on this site, which should be impossible for a ghost like me, and join in this RP. Not beacause I want to or anything. Its just sponge7325 whines way to much about this. Its absurd.

Though you guys should totally join. So that he can stop whining. Really. It pains the ears to hear. And I don't even have ears! I'm a ghost!

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”