Dungeon World One-Shot?

Because someday it might be real....

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1 post [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Yggdrago
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dungeon World One-Shot?

Postby Yggdrago » Sun May 18, 2014 3:55 pm

So I've been reading the rules for Dungeon World (which can be found for free at http://book.dwgazetteer.com), and I think it'd be a neat system for a quick little one-shot. There aren't too many rules to learn, character creation is very quick and simple, and from what I've seen and heard it's fun.

My idea would be a one-shot, using roll20. I'd like to take the role of the GM, but I have no GM experience so if anybody else would like to do it, you can. It doesn't look to be too difficult though, so I'd really like to try. There are various supplements out there that add more classes and moves to the system, but the core classes (8 of them) and the core rules should be enough for a quick session. Anybody who's interested should just post in this thread, preferably mentioning the class they'd play.

If I do the GMing then I'd like the group(s) to be not bigger than 4 players, otherwise it could get a bit complicated. Though if somebody else wants to Gm and is fine with 5+ people in their group, that's groovy with me.

We'd go through character creation together and then start the adventure. I haven't made any big story plans yet, but I have some minor ideas, and that should be enough for a one-shot. Our date would (hopefully) be the [SEE EDIT], so plenty of time for people to sign up, read rules, think about characters, etc.

Important: If you wanna play as a player and not GM, don't read the GM section of the rules. It could ruin your immersion. And it's not required because all the stuff in there is only important to the GM.

EDIT: Did I say 28th? Whoops! I meant the 31st, or potentially the 7th.
This post was brought to you by me. It's Yggdra-good!

1 post [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Role-Playing”