EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
emailboxu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby emailboxu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Still hunting Dragons.. I ran out of Formaldehyde :( No more Hammer VIT upgrades for me. On the other hand, my Dragonsbane is almost complete, only need to forge in 2 more ATK upgrades, then go hunt Red Lions for another Lion Medal (ONCE I FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS STUPID CONDITIONAL DROP). Should put me around 750 Attack on my Landsknecht :D (Then, of course, I'll post it here :P)

My Imperial has 700 Attack with the Lion Medal, it's super OP; I just need a better weapon since mine's only 171 base attack with 4 ATK upgrades :( (Compared to the 173 attack Dragonsbane that will have 6 ATK upgrades) Is there some sort of site where I can see the top-tier weapons for each type? I'm aware that I haven't cleared the 6th maze nor killed the ultima dragon, but for theorycrafting purposes.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Beat the this time! I employed the same tactic as before... but I actually leveled up my characters to match level so I had ample amounts of TP and had enough HP to not get wiped out by his various elemental Mixer attacks.

Anyway now that I have the Imperial class so I retired my crew into their final classes. Which is now:
Front: Nightseeker/Bushi, Imperial/Nightseeker, Fortress/Dancer
Rear: Arcanist/Medic, Runemaster/Imperial

Nightseeker/Bushi has Follow Traced Nerve Strikes. If the enemy has an ailment then she uses Follow Traced Shadow Bites. Blood Surge is an amazing buff and amplifies her damage even further.

Imperial/Nightseeker... if what PLA mentioned is true, you should be able to use the Imperial skills with Follow Trace (Despite Drive Blades being two-handed). If that's so, Follow Traced Shock Drives are going to be ridiculously powerful. Follow Traced Sharp Edges will also allow her to cool down her blade while keeping on the offense too. If it doesn't work out I'll probably go Imperial/Bushi... because Blood Surge is totally the new Berserker's Vow ;)

Fortress/Dancer, tanks and supports pretty much. Anyone know if the Speed Boost + Fan Dance bug is still in the US version? I'm hoping it isn't >_>

Arcanist/Medic, healbot. Also Poison Circle is pretty helpful for my Nightseeker. Not sure whether I'll get the binds or not. If there's any bosses like Elder Dragon or Kraken I'll probably consider it.

Runemaster/Imperial, mainly for Volt Rune which amplifies my Imperial's damage even further. I expect Galvanizing Rune to deal some impressive damage once she's mastered all her passive abilities though.

I'll probably post an updated Guild Card QR code once I reach level 40 or so. Anyway time to farm sheep for XP. Would be faster if Gold Stinkhorns were more common T_T

RonsonWC
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RonsonWC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 pm

When I rested my party, I realized that 3 of the members had 4 extra SP (everyone's at the same level), why is that?

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:51 pm

(EO sprite templates )

RonsonWC
Ragelope

Postby RonsonWC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 pm

cdgamer
Ragelope

Postby cdgamer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Weill i got this game 1 day after it came out at eb. play till mid 2nd land had to retart cause of bad starts and false starts. now im in the 3rd land wiith subclassing and retired at 30 for all my characters. my current party is at lv 24 stands as F: F/A, L/(B), D/N, B: M/S, R/(???). the ones that have () next to them have no current subclass cuase i have not unlocked those subs yet.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Oh boy, my 700 Attack Imperial is hitting ~6k damage on Volt-weak enemies, after like 2-3 Overheats. dis gunna b gud

eastc
Ragelope

Postby eastc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 am

Here I am still in the 2nd land. You guys are beasts.
EO4: LND/SM

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 am

Now this is interesting...

I think apprentices of retirees inherit their books. I just retired my Lv 70 Dancer so I can build up a team of retire-buffed characters for the post-endgame. My dancer had been the target of all my speed books. I just used a speed book on her apprentice, and got the message that only 2 more speed books can be used on the apprentice.

Anyone able to verify this inheritance? It will certainly remove the last misgiving I had about retirement.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 am

Books are permanent! :D

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 am

So you're saying that the effects of the books stay even if I retire said character?

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 am

JP wiki says that a Lv 35 Sniper should have 37 STR
While my retired Lv 28 Sniper with Power Books has 40
I guess books are permanent??

MATERNITY SPIRAL

Ashes
Ragelope

Postby Ashes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 am

B2F of the third stratum. :|
I'm going to punch something, I swear. I just want to freeze the water! ;___;

AkumetsuLord
Bloodant

Postby AkumetsuLord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:09 am

If you freeze the water...how will you swim in it :3. Almost done with Third Stratum though i left a mission alone because i wasn't sure on to do (and internet being down for a bit so i just ran around grinding/collecting stuff)
So on the Ice Stone Rose Quest, Should i give the Solider the stone...he's offering a Nectar and i'm like SCREW THAT but....will this get me something better? cuz it can't just be that right?
"Repeat this after me, I'll never take on a God again!"
-Rugal Bernstein

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 am

If you refuse him enough, he will give you a Nectar, Nectar II (I think it was a Nectar II), and a Luck book
I didn't try and press him harder than that though

MATERNITY SPIRAL

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”