EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby PLA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

If element-boosting passives work for Links, like you'd expect, maybe Element-forges are just an oversight.

"Oversight." Funny word. Means supervision and negligence.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:07 am

Synonyms, you mean?

[EDIT]
Looks like Lands/Night is pretty nice, too. Speed Boost and Blade Flurry mesh nicely into a Vanguard+passives Land setup, the damage is pretty good with their Expertise buffing the second hit, and their defense bonuses help balance out the loss of a shield pretty nicely.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Slickyrider
Ragelope

Postby Slickyrider » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 am

Well, at this point, I'm probably going to go for , even if I haven't completed everything.

Yesterday, I defeated the , with 3/5 party members at 99 (one at 96, another at 98), so there are 5 more additions to the Monster Compendium, as well as the Guild Card. I completed the obtaining a couple more entries in the Compendiums. I'm pretty sure I only have 7 more quests to complete, and despite being extremely close to 100%'ing the game on this playthrough, the is practically impossible with my current party. My only hope for defeating it is or to eventually neither of which are reasonably likely.

Although I could , I'd rather not.

With a party of

I'm certain that I could easily complete the game fully. Besides, it's something I eventually wanted to do, regardless.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am

Speaking of the postgame bosses, I came very close to defeating with my party at about level 75 now that I knew what order it used skills in. Had to get kind of 'smart' in order to deal with it in a few spots, .

Also discovered that the boss gets stronger , which was the main issue, because after that half my party couldn't survive the . So I'm grinding the dragons up to about average level 80 and I'm pretty sure I should be able to beat it then.

Then I just have to figure out how the hell to handle and I'll start my NG+. ...Is anyone interested in a sort of playlog or anything of a 3-dancer party? (not five... just three, and nobody else) I'm really curious to see how doable it is or is not...

(EO sprite templates )

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 am

Slickyrider
Ragelope

Postby Slickyrider » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 am

The IS the ultimate post-game boss, and I couldn't imagine defeating it without a (main class) Runemaster, with of course, all runes maxed out.

Really? I didn't know that it The problem for me (in my failed runs) was , because my Runemaster was continually running out of TP.

I'd suggest grinding even more, if you have to. Of course, obtaining optimal equipment should be a priority as well, if you haven't already.

Do you have a Sniper? If so, the should be rather simple, as long as you have some of the best Burst skills, if not an entire arsenal, and some Therica A's.

In regards to this 3-Dancer run, I might do something like that eventually. I was thinking more along the lines of an , if anything, but perhaps that as well!

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 am

Which one, you mean After you beat the game, there's three quests that show up related to . Beating each of those unlocks quests for . Complete and turn in all of those and 's quest shows up after that as the last quest in the game.

Not sure if you need to do other quests too before it'll unlock; those were the last ones I finished (every other quest is way easier than ), but the text during those quests suggests that those should be the only requirements.

As for my struggles against I am actually lacking all the best armors (and probably some ultimate weapons too I don't know which those are), but long story short it's kind of amazing what you can survive with some smarts and a dedicated medic (and the RNG liking you). Really, I think it's just a matter of managing to get out the damage and not get screwed over by his to make it to the and being able to survive the damage there, I think.

I can probably take if I really think about it. , but I don't know much about what else he's capable of yet as I've only attempted him once so far.

(EO sprite templates )

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 am

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am

(EO sprite templates )

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:44 pm

(EO sprite templates )

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 pm

So in related stories to , is it actually possible to beat him by using or is that just a rumour?

Because he's the last thing left and I'm really getting sick of his nonsense I just want to get him done and over with and get the "all boss clear" medal and I actually sort of came close but augh.

Testing my patience so I'm willing to cheap it out if need be. I have an absolute hatred for bosses that .

(EO sprite templates )

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:47 pm

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”