Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby KitsuKitsu » Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 am

Here's a thought for a power linking party.

Front: L/M L/R R/B
Back: R/B R/B

Runemaster stacking for the elemental row passive. L/M serves as a healer, but more importantly as a Vanguard Star Dropper. Provides 169% for all following attacks after he lands his first shot. Play around with speed books, to make sure that L/M is the one who goes first. Follow up with powered link, and then spam Galvanic / Glacier with the Runemasters to activate the chases while dealing heavy damage after pulling off an Ice / Volt Rune (Given Blood Surge or Runic Gleam, or preferably both, were activated).

Might want to give the front R/B some extra armor though. Might need to forsake the Great Hawk Medal on that one.

Maximum Damage? Maybe. Massacred Enemy? Guaranteed.

Setup needed? A lot... But worth it!

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat May 25, 2013 7:29 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

SAL
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SAL » Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 am

Last edited by SAL on Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun May 26, 2013 7:03 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun May 26, 2013 9:48 am

OK!

Well, to be true, I am working on a post-game and I think I should try and introduce new character to make my potential teams more flexible, because my main-game team would probably lose its luster against tougher enemy such as 3 Dragons.

I plan to have, either N/A or N/B (can't decide).
For Medic, either D as subclass, or L or R. To be fair, this is because I have had a major issue with party ailment healing and other utilities.
I have a Bushi that I'm not sure what I want to do with aside from a non-Imperial form of higher damage.
As for the Arcanist, maybe I could do a A/M for a good source of healing?
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun May 26, 2013 3:50 pm

I was going to say...

is Imperial/Landsknect.

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 am

Last edited by Snowdome on Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 am

I beat the final boss and finished the story today, and I had a great time. My party is almost at level 70, and I haven't used any skill points for the last 5 levels or so. I ran out skills I really wanted, so I thought I'd come here for some recommendations.

L/R: This is probably my least ambiguous character. Improve link and all the offensive passives are maxed, and I plan to put more points into the actual link skills.

D/N: She has a point in every dance and has blade flurry and fan, sword, and mist dance maxed. It's hard to choose which dances to level up because there are so many, but I've gotten some ideas after all those hours of dancing. I think I've seen every dance recommended by somebody at some point.

S/N: Knows every attack skill and passive, with 3 binds, blade flurry, and follow trace maxed out. Obviously I should level up another attacking skill, but which ones? On a somewhat unrelated note, is nightseeker a good subclass for sniper? I read about a lot of people using it when the game first came out, but bushi seems to be more popular nowadays.

R/I: I put a point or 2 in every rune and I maxed out hawkeye and the damage boosting passives. I guess those deadly runes could use a few more points, but what about volt, ice, and fire runes? Should I be using them?

M/A: I am at a loss of what to do with this character. He knows every medic healing skill, star drop, and bracing walk and I put the maximum points into ailment boost and the 3 bind circles. Heal mastery sounds like it would best as it boosts multiple skills. I probably want to level up star drop as well since I use it. Is dismiss heal any good when I already have party heal?

The problem isn't so much that I don't know what skills are good; my characters already know all the good skills. The main issue is that I don't know which skills are best leveled up and to what extent they deserve points.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 28, 2013 3:38 am

Know all skills is not enough (not necessary for most of the time too); rather, max those you use most. For example, you need to max at least one Link attack to get the 1k% damage output for the Linkshark. If you only give 1SP on the Link skill itself, the total damage from all the links would be 740% only.

In short, should you retire, leave all those unused skills blank (unless it is a prerequisite skill) and focus more on skills you use often.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 am

S/N: Eh, Squall Shot or Silver Shot might be good. Nightseeker might be a okay class for double Squall Shot or something crazy like that, but Bushi is good as well. Defiance, Charge, and that sweet Deep Breath which lets you regain TP in dungeons rather well.

R/I: Eh, the element runes are kinda nice for those dragons I guess, but 3 points is enough I suppose, if you don't just use those element resist food anyway.

And for a question of my own, how does one use a Dancer exactly? I dunno, something about the class just confuses me for whatever reason.
When you're alone, always remember:

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Many skills are only prerequisites, but I do use everything somewhat often. It's just not always easy to tell what's better out of say, runic gleam and hawkeye. Characters also get way more skill points than they ever need, so I can afford to invest in situational skills.

Dancers can be used for anything, which is why the class may confuse you. They can go in either row thanks to sword and bow access. Sword and mist dance and high speed allow them to stun often. They fill the burst gauge quickly, though I've never seen anyone praise this myself. Refresh and freedom waltz are musts against the appropriate enemies. I got through the game with regen waltz as my main source of healing, but I feel that I may not need it going forward. The tangos raise attack and defense if that's what you're into. And finally, the sambas allow a dancer to become a source of damage. Some people like trick samba because dancers can do a lot of attacking, but I've come to prefer chase samba due to its synergy with links and rush dance.

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 am

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”