EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Wendigo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Wendigo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:47 am

I'm getting ready to beat the crud out of , and I gotta know: Which is the better for binds, N/A or S/A?
Snipers are focused more around binds and can technically try for 2 binds/round, but they also have lower Luck and lower Tec, whereas Nightseekers have higher luk/tec/agi but aren't as bind-focused outside of an Arcanist subclass. :S

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Garlyle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:35 pm

N/A is likely worse at binding. A/whatever would be the best at binding, but because you lose the extra levels in the bind circles (and thus a significant chunk off the activation rate), they're not so hot as a subclass.

I've decided to go level up to 70 before fighting the final boss. I mostly have the strategy down, but when I can't survive or do enough damage to stop from going off 50+ turns into the fight, it's trying on my patience.

(EO sprite templates )

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:37 am

Interesting, why A/R and not A/S? What does Runemaster bring to the table in terms of binding? Or is that a general all-round arcanist?

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 pm

If you have an arcanist, don't forget charm eye lowers damage output and can be pretty significant. At level 55, against that boss, elemental guard, a volt rune and charm eye made the damage far more manageable.

I'm finding the last strata a real pig at 60 though.

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Yeah, my M/A runs both Charm Eye and Atrophic, and it helps a lot.
Also, am I missing something or doesn't trying a Snipe while you have a circle up give you two chances to bind? Or is a higher level circle better than a higher level Snipe? The Skillsim doesn't really give me more info than "Success rate up" "success rate WAY up"
I'm prob gonna be trying out myself after I finish some of the quests I left lying around, but yeah.

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 pm

You only want a bind to work once and then last as long as possible. In many cases, only one bind is important. So having two chances in a round isn't that important. It'd be better to apply two different binds at the same time. Let them run their course and then refresh.

Arcanists are way more efficient and consistent at this, if you want a binder, focus on a more than s. Once a bind is applied, you don't need the circle again until the bind wears out. An a s will lack need for the s skills and an sa will only mildly benefit from a skills and suffer huge mana costs for resetting bind resistance

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:47 pm

Ah, man that's good to know, thank you! Then I might end up taking an A/R with me instead. I was thinking of

So, about the dismissal skills...I'm pretty sure (I think I've done it before) you can dismiss someone else's circle...so if my MA dismisses my AR's circle, does the medic's circle mastery factor in the Arcanist's level 8 circle? Or is it only if you dismiss your own circle?

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:11 am

(EO sprite templates )

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 pm

So I made it to Maze 6 floor 2 and I'm about to rage quit. There's a monster on floor 2 which can near 1 shot my entire party in 2 turns (you can probably guess which) and then on floor 2 there's a monster that can petrify my entire party in 1 turn. Is there an expected level for these floors? I'm currently level 60 odd (except for a 49 r) and it's a little silly. The mobs on the floor have a good chance of wiping me on poor rounds anyway, but if I'm expected to grind on these floors for 10 odd levels, then I'm probably just gonna quit

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:46 am

(EO sprite templates )

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm

I might have a go at the dragons and then start a new game.

Not sure if I want to do a full on New game or New game+, wish I had two saves

-Edit

Red Dragon near wipes by party in one breath...

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm

(EO sprite templates )

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 am

Almost did it without the fire res food, but barely lost out in the end. His confusion attacks were what really did me in.

2nd time around, thanks to some luck with a nerve circle he was pretty free.

I'm now 20 levels away from the level cap, thanks

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 pm

I did it. I managed to defeat the final boss with a team of 3 dancers.

I'm going to break from EO for a while to play Bravely Default, because that just came out today. However, I'll return to do Dragons at least eventually (ideally the two super bonus bosses too, if I feel really ridiculous, though I doubt I have a hope in hell of .)

I would post a link to the post I have on tumblr that's a 6700 word essay about the whole thing, but apparently linking to tumblr is "a well known spam link" according to some automated system this board is running. (I could probably copypaste it into a massive spoiler tag if anyone's actually interested though)

(EO sprite templates )

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 am

you could copypaste or give us the tumblr username and the post number! I'd be interested in reading it (though I guess I'd have to wait a bit since I'm not in postgame yet and I'm trying not to spoil myself TOO much)

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”