Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:29 am

You're always welcome to make one. Though I'd think it'd be more in line of:

Nightseeker > Everything else

But comparison to non-Nightseekers would be interesting to look at.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:39 pm

I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:32 am

After a pause playing SSB (couldn't resist ^^), I'm back to my 3-members run. Currently training a little before re-attempting the Hollow Queen. I tried her at level 28 (same level as Wufan) with Dancer-Nightseeker-Fortress + Wufan, but couldn't output enough damage to kill it before running out of mana on Nightseeker and Arcanist. Nevertheless, the team seemed pretty efficient against the boss.

Now I'm 31, going to try again :3
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:16 am

Still no luck so far... This fight is stupidly luck-based since you must rely on binds and ailments to hit the bloody Queen ><

I easily down her to 50% in ~3 turns, then she starts using her confusing skill and seems to ALWAYS ail Wufan and my Fortress (and/or my Dancer, period)... Then I'm just a sitting duck and get killed by Icy Aria and Dimentional Cut.
For now, I wasn't able to keep paralysis in place more than one turn, even with Black Mist Burst Skill up, only poison stayed more than 3 turns.

Maybe I'll try to hunt a few overworld FOEs to get their drops and craft some new weapons/armors... Dunno if Mantis/Dinogator/Raptor can be down with my current level.

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 am

It's been solo'd by a 40 fortress (with Wufan's help), ? Barring that, grinding some sheep for levels is pretty easy at level 31 if some more levels would help. Hollow Queen was like, the easiest boss for 3 of my runs and an absolutely impossible NIGHTMARE on one of them.

I think party composition played a much larger role in that fight than any of the other bosses I've fought, no contest. I absolutely despise her.

unsolicited advice:

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Already seen some videos of this guy, but I didn't check his solo Fortress run. I could try his strategy (I absolutely forgot that the Queen stops summoning allies at some point).
In my first run, I had a Sniper and I remember that fight was easy-peasy. Now that I must rely on Wufan for binds, it doesn't feel that easy...

Current runs:

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I used both of them : Wufan and my own Sniper. This was really useful since I could keep the AoE leg bind from Wufan, and use the Sniper as a secondary binder for Arms and Head to shutdown her damages.

With only Wufan, it is harder to completely shutdown the Queen. Chase Bind + Squall Volley + Leg Bind were also excellent for damaging her.

Current runs:

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 am

Nightseeker does much more, I know, but at this time, you don't have access to his multiple hit skill, and I didn't had a Runemaster. My Sniper was my main character for triggering Links from my Landsknecht, so yeah, for me she was good (and I still love Snipers, even if numbers say the contrary at high level).

I still thinks that at level 30-ish, Sniper is a better character to take against the Hollow Queen than any other, because he has access to his main damage skills + binds + eagle eye which make the fight a lot easier. I saw the numbers, but they are for max-level characters, and it's not my point to say that Sniper > all at max level, I just say it's the best character for fighting the Hollow Queen at the level you're supposed to be when you meet her.

That put apart, I finally got to defeat the Queen :D
I rested my characters to change some of their skills (removed shield skills from my Fortress to get points in Vengeance Bash, and reworked my Dancer to go back row with Wufan). Just had to reset once because I got unlucky on the first round (all enemies targeting my Fortress with damaging skills, killing her in one turn...).

Current runs:

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am

Current runs:

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm

One weak later : Boiling Lizard down, moving towards 4th map. The progression seems smoother now that my characters are above their 40th level and dual class :D
I also downed the Baboon King on second try, just needed to land a sleep/paralysis/blind on the right turn.

Still don't know what will be my Dancer's final build, I decided on Fortress/Bushi and Nightseeker/I (when I unlock it, now it's Nightseeker/Arcanist for passives), and maybe Dancer/Runemaster, but Dancer/Arcanist is also a very good combination (and anything can work with a Dancer pretty much).

Current runs:

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 am

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”