EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby isometric » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:45 pm

I distinctly remember Fallen One being vulnerable to Petrify so that is an option. But that's just so... cheap. I'll probably go with the S/A over the R/I anyway. Might even stick with it for Warped Savior too since I'll probably kill him before elemental rune protection is actually relevant anyway.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:21 am

"You should train in Valley Spring before going to the third floor!" my butt Game. You should train for valley spring on the 3rd floor.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 pm

^This guy gets it.

I want to re-play this game, but I left off in the 4th or 5th stratum and it's always hard to pick up where you left off after a so long. Hopefully I can get into the groove pretty quick.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 24, 2016 12:33 am

I always just start over if I find a file midway through the 4th or 5th strata... or if I end up with party comp I don't like, or if I felt I messed up a quest...

This is probably why I never finished the post-games of the EOU games.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

In fairness, EOU's post-game has high levels of BS; EO2U's post-game only contains HP-bloat. Both can easily be off putting or lead to an intended temporary break that gets turned into a not so temporary break.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:32 am

Ok I picked this back up again the other day and beat the story mode finally.

Imperial/Runemaster - Fortress/Dancer - Landsknecht/Runemaster
Runemaster/Imperial - Medic/Arcanist

Pretty basic party, took a couple rebuilds around 50 to find the best subclasses, but it made short work of the boss. I think it should work for the postgame.

I still haven't decided if I'll go beat EOIII instead, I left off near the end of that too.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Decided to take a break before going on a NG+ classic run in EO2U w/ Fafnir class unlocked to fire this game up for the first time ever. No real knowledge on this game aside from seeing some random boss videos quite some time ago.

Starting team...

Front Row:

X - Landsknecht
Rex - Fortress
Iris - Dancer

Back Row:

Zero - Nightseeker
Alpha - Runemaster

Yeah, maybe not having a Medic in my team from the get go is going to bite me in the rear at some point (or at least until I unlock subclasses).

One thing's for sure...frogs can go die in a fire. Real nice of them to one hit kill my Runemaster in the back row from full hp.

Just doing some grinding now so I can pick up the best defensive gear from the shop (hopefully without enemies hitting harder than some things do early on in EO2U's Expert Mode, heh).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 pm

One-shots are always a danger in the beginning of the game. It'll be tough whether you have a medic or not. Synergizing some skills together will make things much easier later on. Hope you're trying out your Dancer's Regen Waltz, healing over time is very efficient on tanks.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Been at this for the last few days. About to head into B2F of the Misty Ravine with my team at lv27. Overleveled for sure, but I got sidetracked doing some QR quests and gathering materials for equipment (KINDA annoying how basically everything is limited stock with only a scant few items being unlimited buys).

Definitely liking the team composition right now, but I might level up my Sniper to take the place of my Nightseeker. Having access to binds is going to be better for me at the moment I think.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Subclassing unlocked, whee. Will probably grind my team up to 40 or so, then retire them for those always awesome bonus skill/stat points.

After that...figuring out X's subclass. He's already rocking the Landsknecht class well right now.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:02 am

Ok, ended up getting five people to lv50 instead, then retiring them, leveling them back up to 40, then picking up subclasses. Since I haven't unlocked the last two classes yet, I'll probably shake things up again once I've gotten both of them.

In any case...

Rex - Fortress/Dancer (Maxed out Sword Dance for a bit more damage, but his main role is to ensure everyone else doesn't get nuked instantly)

X - Landsknecht/Runemaster (Running as a linker build for the time being. Runemaster's passive that increases damage when striking a weakness is hilarious when paired with a link skill.)

Iris - Dancer/Nightseeker (Meant to get in as many normal attacks as possible for extra link hits for X.)

Zero - Arcanist/Medic (Disabler for the most part with backup healing in place should it be required. Can debuff offensive/defensive stats too.)

Alpha - Runemaster/Landsknecht (Really only took the subclass for the extra skill points. More synergy with X via resistance tweaking and also my other primary attacker in the team.)

The result of all this? *Warning: Potential spoilers for a return to the first cave in the Windy Plains*

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:34 am

Just unlocked the fifth stratum, did a bit of scouting inside, and grabbed a key which I'm assuming will let me open some locked chests I've been seeing on my quest.

Also, unlocked Imperials (after the 4th strat boss fight gave me a scare when one move flat out one hit killed half my party I might add).

*Sees Imperial's skill set*

*Looks at X*

....Methinks X is becoming an Imperial/Runemaster to see stupid amounts of damage go off ;D.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 am

So...got X to lv70, retired him to have the best possible skill/stat gains until the inevitable slaying of the big bad elemental dragons. He's now an Imperial/Runemaster.

Decided to hit up the 5th maze and found a volt weak enemy to test his damage on. Sharp Edge into max level Charge Edge, then launch a max level Shock Drive after using Charge Order and...X utterly fried the enemy for 10k damage. Can't wait to see what happens to damage once more buffs are factored in.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:09 am

Fucking easy mode is the best thing ever

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”