Skill choices for my F/L

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Daige
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Skill choices for my F/L

Postby Daige » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Going for a really tough Fortress that can also deal some damage when needed.

However, I have to make a choice in the Landknecht skill tree: Use a sword and take Spiral Slice and Sword Tempest, or use a rapier and take Penetrate and Swift Stab.

I would like to hear your opinions on this. I feel Penetrate could probably be useful when trying to reach annoying enemies that hide behind other enemies, and when comparing Swift Stab with Sword Tempest it could possibly deal almost the same damage or more, but is Swift Stab very inaccurate?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Skill choices for my F/L

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Swift Stab has a -15 accuracy modifier, which is pretty bad but not anywhere near as a bad as say, Squall Volley (Which has -60). If the -15 accuracy is a concern you can always run either a Sniper with Spotter or just inflict either one of Leg Bind, Confuse, Paralyse, Blind or Sleep.

As for which to pick, really depends on the rest of your party tbh. Rapiers probably the better choice overall (Especially if you have a Linker), though Fortresses benefit very little from their speed modifiers.

Bushi would be a better sub choice though if you wanted a more offensively inclined Fortress. Since Fire Strike and Meteor Blow have higher damage modifiers and allows you to also run Holy Smite and Bolt Strike for extra utility.

Daige
Ragelope

Re: Skill choices for my F/L

Postby Daige » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”