Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
BlueMortimer
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby BlueMortimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:03 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:45 am

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

Occurs to me that Swordy/Bushi First Aiding things can take over the Monarch Marching if there's no room for Hippie.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

odins ravens
Ragelope

Postby odins ravens » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for the advice, after staring at my ds thinking for several days and just testing ideas im going with Medic/dancer, Sent/land, Land/rune, Sniper/arcane, but my dancer is the only thing im not sure on. I was looking at Nightseeker, but their dual blade skill takes such a big hit to her defense.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Subbing a medic into Runemaster is just as effective as it sounds, actually, granting them another boost to max TP, and also Free Energy. Even at half ranks, my medic is usually the last person to run out of TP.

This might also be because my front line has a truly staggering amount of passive healing in the form of two bushi subs and a fortress with Healing Wall.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 am

Hey, I'm going to double back and read through this so sorry if this got mentioned.

Does anybody have any fun parties they know to work out? I want to beat EO4 first, but after I do I want to make a super fun party.

For example... Let's see... Two front row Fortress (or Night seekers)/Dancers with maxed Taunt and Auto Taunt (or with dual wielding)... They have the dancer counter attacks, and their weapons have Leg and Arm bind upgrades. Following me?

In the back, snipers with Chase bind.

Enemy attacks.
Counter attack, leg bind.
Chase bind.
Chase bind.
Chase bind.
Archer uses Arm bind.
Chase bind.
Chase bind.
Chase bind.

Get me?

As soon as I finish I am having so much fun with that kind of thing. Is that what everyone does in Etrian Odyssey? To be honest I don't have the time to spare to try those things out, but I'm still gonna try. Tell me your REALLY FUN builds based on abusing chases and mechanics.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 am

Pretty sure weapon forges don't trigger on counters or chases, as those don't count as normal attacks.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:13 am

Dancer/Imperial is surprisingly faster than Imperial/Runemaster I noticed. If anyone wants to know why, blame Drive Blades.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:35 am

The single most abusive-feeling build I can find is still Dancer/Bushi, with all the combat passive + level 1 Blood Surge. They contribute absolutely nothing to the rest of the party, but output incredible damage and are basically only weak to status and bind conditions. Very low maintenance.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:32 am

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:09 pm

(EO sprite templates )

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Runic Shield copies do stack. It creates two separate chances for it to activate, same as with Landsknecht's Sword Breaker.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:40 am

Multiple Snipers with Chase Bind, plus an Arcanist. Sub the arcanist as a Sniper, even. So many chases.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:47 am

I miss full damage from back row and dirt-cheap skills.

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”