Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Marii
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Marii » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:28 am

lulzace
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lulzace » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:56 am

I'm pretty late on this but last yea I;d switched to a star drop Arcanist. Made

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:47 am

So I'm looking at starting over sometime in the future and my memory is kinda fuzzy on synergies and stuff... soooooooo just gonna post the build idea for you all to ridicule and pick apart =P

L/M- expertise+star drop setup. turn 1 vanguard, every turn after is star drop. +60% damage for everyone else. also access to revive because reasons. invested in being rather tanky, though lacks access to taunt to be said tank

L/R- Hello linker

D/B- Dual wielding bows since theyll be back row. blood surge, charge, ferocity, defiance, sword dance... auto attacking dancer. i opted for less hits for more damage PER hit. invested into attack/guard/energy tangos for something to do on dead turns/setup turns

A/D- this one of those weird iffy ones. im going healer here. Max Circle boon regen waltz. using dismiss heal as the BIG heal (when needed), and Healing step to pump out the AoE heals that also allow circle boon to stick around and stacking with regen. Invested into the atropic eye for dead turns(+85% damage with star drop). HOWEVER im not sure how many dead turns this particular character would have.
any suggestions on which Circle to max out? i have fond memories of poison, myself, though something like paralyze im sure would be more useful...

F/N- heres the other iffy idea. double Holy Smite(good? damage+healing) from Follow Trace? Also access to shadow cloak, and speed boost. pretty much standard F beyond that. line shield as needed/ weak shield in a pickle. hp boost/iron wall, etc.

though i want my tank to be more offensive to take advantage of star drop/ helping my linker. would it be wise to have an N/ or /N for decoy sign onto my L/M instead?

Edit: both my landies would be running sword breaker... and an N/X would take advantage of the A/D for bonus AND possibly allow my D/B to go front row with more powerful katanas/maces... would that a better idea?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Would it possibly be worth... going S/N or N/S then for access to Eagle Eye + Decoy Sign? Eagle Eye + Atrophic Eye + Expertise/Star Drop = 110% bonus damage... and both N and S would benefit from my circles. and it wouldnt slow down my setup either (2 turn setup for mr.linker)

in that case would it be better to go S/N for follow trace Squall? or N/S to take advantage of Expertise/Swift Edge?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 am

well my file had a similar setup as it was... not fully, but close
ive seen some inconsitency with the spoilers so... dunno if its safe yet or not.. but w/e

was what i had when i booted up my file... lvl 36 and just beat the 3rd stratum in the middle of doing sidequests
so i rested them and did

and here inlies my testing... (remember NG+ with all the goodies on lower lvled peeps)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:06 pm

ill generally take lower damage for consistency/sustainability... i like squal, but i hate how often it misses, and its reliance on binds/ailments
plus eagle eye + atrophic eye alone rips things apart... i cant wait to see how much my L/M will add to that once i start vangaurding an star dropping.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 pm

I was doing it for charge/blood surge sword dances... it wasnt really there for the dances... ive since decided on better lol

though for pure attacking, its actually really ridiculous...like... really ridiculous... once im past 40, i can even get away with higher levels of blood surge with ferocity healing and do even more

....but yes, to 2 roles DO conflict with eachother which isnt ideal... i cant have a high damage with support or a dedicated support with high damage.. sad day

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:08 pm

looking at the skill calc, a B/D would fulfill a similar role... though itd lose the sword dance procs, but have better TP management/similarorbetter damage. and have a worse portrait lol

the problem is theory vs practice... its always one or the other. charge is wasted, but not defiance (charge only affects the first hit). the best setup ive actually had is attack waltz or blood surge if it didnt auto -> attack all the things.

id say D/B works if you ignore dancing. which is an odd thing to say lol

D/B wouldnt do anything to help a supporter role though. except maybe using deep breath for TP
...in which case, R would be better for the resistance/debuff runes/free energy

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 pm

im really interested in M/D though for heal mastery/ regen waltz/ healing step. and itd help with not having on-demand healing

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:42 pm

as a medic main, enlightenment grants +25% healing effectiveness (15% > 20% > 25%)
8/8 heal mastery gives 30%, where 4/8 gives 20% (5%>10%>15%>20%>23%>26%>28%>30%)

so an M/D would have +35% more healing than a D/M (25%+10%)
and 55% more than R/A (these are taken from the skill calc)

this isnt even accounting for something like party heal vs. dismiss heal (AKA setup turns) or lack of revive and before taking TEC into consideration. even then i doubt M, R, or A have that drastic of a difference in tec..

Circle boon at lvl 3/6 grants 18% healing potential passively (25% at 6/6)
Dismiss Heal at level 5(since subclass here) is 130% healing potential (150% at 10/10)

regen waltz at 5/10 gives 65% healing potential(85% at 10/10)
healing step at 5/10 gives 80% healing potential (100% at 10/10)

taken from skill calc BEFORE we even factor TEC, Enlightenment, or Heal Mastery

Edit: completely forgot to add the Medic skills to all this! whoops!

Healling: 115% healing potential at 5/10- 150% at 10/10
Line heal: 95% healing potential at 5/10- 120% at 10/10
Party heal: 80% healing potential at 5/10- 100% at 10/10
Auto Heal: 30%chance to heal 70% healing potential at 4/8- 30%chance to heal 90% at 8/8 (against low-health party members; >30%hp)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:35 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 am

i've decided a D/M or M/D (35% better healing vs 2 more turns of said healing?) maintaining regen waltz + an A somewhere using Circle boon would be ample passive healing for a group while letting both do things other than healing..

this is theory vs practice though

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”