Sekaiju no Meikyu IV: Densyou no Kyojin announced!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

714 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Sekaiju no Meikyu IV: Densyou no Kyojin announced!

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 pm

That's what I get for putting it down for a little while. Thanks for the reminder!

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 am

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm

:D I loved how I liked the Assassins and Dancers in this game. I might have a Dancer subclassing as an Assassin WITH an Assassin for this. Trying to figure out Subclass though is a little difficult.

Based on this discussion, here's what I got.

Dancer-Assassin
Swordsman-Runemaster
Fortress - Medic
Dancer - Gunblade?! (Samurai or Imperial?!)
Mystic - Medic

Tell me otherwise and I'll give you all a big hug!

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 pm

^ Natbuk says Dancer-Assassin is fun. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 am

Lol thank you!!

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:03 pm

So Dancer/Assassin is awesome for both boss fights and random battles.

Just as dancers they have one-point wonder in bind and ailment healing (SO USEFUL), Energy Tango saves a TON of TP and can allow every-turn All-Divide for a Fortress, and Chase-samba + Rush Dance is an almost guaranteed way to trigger all seven links in a Swordsman-Link party.

With a sub-assassin, they can use Shadow Blade, Sword Dance, and Haze Dance together to give you a very high chance to stun the enemy and trigger all sorts of ailment forges. A lot of "If I act, you're dead" common enemies seem to be very vulnerable to stun, so that's saved my bacon a number of times. In fact, I didn't realize how deadly some enemies were because I never saw them act. In a pinch, you can also use this to trigger Link Chases, but I've found it very unreliable to get enough.

In my mind, a main dancer is all about keeping up one or two dances, and their sub is about what you do in the rounds in between. If you're not Rush Dancing, Heal Dancing, Wide Dancing, or Beat Dancing, what are you doing - and before you answer that, note that dancers are high TEC and AGI, and about middle of the road on every other stat.

My next party I'm thinking a Dancer/Gunblade who uses the Drives when she can, then in the 9 turns in between mostly heals, uses wide dance, and uses Beat Dance when healing isn't needed. She'll also use sword dance and conversion to regain mana when low.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 pm

^ Doesn't Beat Dance need three dances active?
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah, a samba, a tango, and a waltz. I haven't played with it much because it's not useful for links, I don't have any ranged attackers, and because my rune master's symbols overwrite one of the dances.

So yeah, if Beat Dance is what you're casting between putting up your dances, you'll be spending the first three turns buffing and not using any party-wide buffs that would overwrite a dance.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Dancers are turning into my favorite class in this game so far. Nothing is convincing me to use a Nightstalker/Assassin though.

The Mystics are so pretty though... Any good plans for a party with a Mystic? or a Beastman? Maybe even that Gunblade class?

714 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”