Sekaiju no Meikyu IV: Densyou no Kyojin announced!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

714 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Sekaiju no Meikyu IV: Densyou no Kyojin announced!

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm not late game, but it's pretty powerful early on.

Even at level ~10, my Rune Master was doing 110-135 while my swordmans and fortress were dealing 50-70 damage per hit, and the Rune Master's magic hits a whole line.

Though magic is probably still going to be gimped late game, as per usual.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 pm

I got the impression that Runemaster also has buffing spells. That right?

Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaname » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 pm

My current magical attacks can do over 16000 damage right now. Granted, that's not runemaster, but...

What probably helps is that, apparently, you can forge your weapons to buff elemental damage you do. [Ele] really seems to work, unless I failed entirely.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 pm

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

Well, if you really wanted to, you could technically use magic late game. Even at level 90, my zodiac still manages to kick butt. Though it may have more to do with the class's versatility. I have a soft spot for magic, and all my favorite EO classes can fulfill multiple roles.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am

So how's EO4 hold up against the rest of the series? I'm worried how I'm gonna feel about it after being spoiled by the class diversity of EO3.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 am

I'm personally having a blast. You have 10 classes + subclasses, so you can do quite a lot of stuff with them, and there's a whole lot to explore.

My main complaint? QR quests. Those were a stupid addition to the game. It's a pain to get em and when you do, you're usually too high level for them to matter.

Overall, I enjoyed it as much as EO3, and more than EO1 and 2.
Last edited by Kaname on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 am

How's the OST? That's usually my favorite part of the EO games.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:15 am

For me, EO3 > Eo4 = EO2 > EO1 in the OST department. I really dig the 4th stratum theme this time, as well as the 4th overworld.

The battle themes are also nifty. :) ONly one I don't like is a certain remix. :(

AkumetsuLord
Bloodant

Postby AkumetsuLord » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:49 pm

"Repeat this after me, I'll never take on a God again!"
-Rugal Bernstein

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, by stratum 6 you'd expect that kind of enemies, no? It's the usual "let's make the rest of the game all about having both the exact team required and incredible luck" stratum. Good thing they have the regular game end after stratum 5, or Etrian Odyssey wouldn't have been popular enough to make it to its fourth installment.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:50 pm

=P

I'm really excited for this game now. T_T

714 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”