Haha! I defeated the Kangaroo FOE in the demo!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Haha! I defeated the Kangaroo FOE in the demo!

Postby Yoonah » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Ahaha me too!
now I'm just farming pookas

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Xiados
Ragelope

Postby Xiados » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Once I had a party down, I took them all out in a few minutes. The problem was leveling up new characters so that I still have my labyrinth party ready for the full release. And the map feels so empty without them bouncing around..

Nekoboi
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nekoboi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am

I almost beaten one but I died before I could finish him off. I had gotten to where it looked like it was worn out I'm going to lvl up my guys more before I try it again. I finally did it , I'm guys were at lvl10 and the other two were at lvl 8 an my nightseeker and fortress were knocked out

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 am

Whew. Been a while since I've posted here, but now's as good a time as any -- because thanks to the stories you guys all told here, I actually managed to kill my first Bounding Beast, that infernal kangaroo, today! One day before the official release (and my birthday)!

Party was . . .

Front row: Landsknecht (w/ Links; main story Landsknecht), Landsknecht (specifically built for this -- has Power Break maxed, proficiency, and the remaining points shoved into Power Boost), Fortress (w/ Bolt Strike, Strike Guard, Ally Shield; she's my main story Fortress, so she's not specced in anything yet, but she does have Proficiency).

Back row: Medic (Healing, a point in Line Heal, and enough Refresh to hit a row; same story as the Fortress in the Front Row, he's my main story Medic so he's not specced in anything in favor of having general utility), Fortress (specifically built for this -- Proficiency, maxed Taunt, a point each in Bolt Strike [I'm a nineball!] and Ally Shield [saved my bacon numerous times], the rest dropped in Iron Wall).

Through a bit of luck, and a bit of each Fortress doing their fair share of Ally Guarding when other chars (like the Medic, my main game Landsknecht, and the other Fortress on more than one occasion) were in danger of getting a bad case of fist-to-the-everything, plus an Ebony Carrot, I managed to whittle my way through his HP via Power Breaks (to soften the blows), Fire Links (definitely worked well), and towards the end all those Fire Jars I'd gotten from that one balloonist (yes, the Medic actually did something offensive).

So thanks, you all, for sharing your stories! Helped me get my way through and get the best pre-release shield for my main game Fortress! Let it be known that I am not going to do that again until I'm ready to curb-stomp one of those bad boys during the course of normal play. Whew.

34 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”