Haha! I defeated the Kangaroo FOE in the demo!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Xtatica
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Haha! I defeated the Kangaroo FOE in the demo!

Postby Xtatica » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 pm

My party is level 10.

NightSeek, Dancer, Medic
Sniper,RuneMaster

I just defeated the kangaroo. It is possible to beat.

Ashes
Ragelope

Postby Ashes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 pm

I got my butt handed to me the first time I ran into one. :'| Gonna try again once my party's all lv.10, and with some better armor.

ProfAllister
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ProfAllister » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

I think there's something seriously wrong with a group of game fans that manage to find post-endgame content in a demo.

That being said, I managed to beat a 'roo with the following team:

Landsknecht - Sonic Raid 3, Electric Link 9
Fortress - Proficiency 1, Iron Wall 5, Strike Guard 6, (Taunt 1)

Runemaster - Proficiency 1, Volt Rune 1, Lightning Rune 10
Medic - Proficiency 1, Healing 6, Line Heal 3, Herbology 1, Patch Up 1
Runemaster - Proficiency 1, Volt Rune 6, Lightning Rune 5

Ate a Golden Goose before fighting.

Strategy was pretty straightforward - the 'sknecht used Electric Link every turn; Fortress used Taunt, then Guard, then attacked; Runemaster A dropped a Lightning Rune every turn; Medic healed the Fortress every turn; Runemaster B dropped a Volt Rune then Lightning runes.

The 'roo was down for the count in three turns. I almost felt bad for it.

(BTW, new here.)

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Nice avatar, Allister! =D

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 pm

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:43 am

Ravenot
Ragelope

Postby Ravenot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:13 am

Hello,
First post!

I managed to defeat two of them (not in a row of course) using an Ebony Carrot and all Lvl 10s:

Front:
Landsknecht - with 3/10 Sonic Raid and maxed Power Boost. She spammed Sonic Raid because it did a little more damage than her normal attack.
Nightseeker - with 3/10 Ice Knife, 4/6 Sand Throw, 1/6 Nerve Throw, and 3/6 Blade Flurry. Attacked until poison wore off. Then he spammed Sand Throw, and when it actually blinded the beast, he just attacked more.

Back:
Runemaster - with 4/6 Volt Rune, 5/10 Lightning Rune, and 2/8 TP Boost. Started with Volt Rune then kept casting Lightning until Volt needed to be refreshed.
Fortress - with maxed Taunt, 1/4 Auto-Taunt, 3/10 Iron Wall, 2/6 Ally Shield, and 1/10 Bolt Strike. I put her in the back row so she would take less damage. She taunted and defended, only taking 15-20 from regular attacks and 40ish from Jet Uppercuts.
Medic - with 4/10 Healing, 1/10 Line Heal, 2/6 Refresh, 1/6 Recovery, and 3/8 Patch Up. He healed my fortress each turn.

As you can see, I used a roughly normal party with their skills imperfect, and I managed. It was definitely a wonderful feeling! I received two very nice shields for my Land and Fort!

Thank you for your time!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:58 am

It's gotten to the point where I can consistently kill them (with everyone at full health) in about 5 or 6 turns.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 am

Wow. o_O

I think Allister is right. There is something wrong with us in the best possible way.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 am

We're a special kind of crazy

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

^ Every demo that's played is beaten. *shrug*
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 pm

^ dat exp

Starsoulklr
Ragelope

Postby Starsoulklr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 am

I've been able to kill three of them and got enough shields for my two Landsknects and one Protector.

Then I guess it's just the uber challange of a shining version which I have to resist the urge to catch and hunting for books.

warcraff
Ragelope

Postby warcraff » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Defeated my 1st couple this weekend. Using
NightSeeker, NightSeeker
RuneMaster(x3)

Now my Land has a cooler shield.

Now on the 23rd Feb 2013, Took down my 1st and prolly only rare Kangaroo. With the same team and a lot of luck. now to keep at going after those Pooka and their books. Have almost 10 of each now.
Last edited by warcraff on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I will use the Elements.

34 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”