Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Postby PLA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 pm

^ Nah, you could equip them without special benefit in earlier games, too. I think.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm pretty sure only the Shogun could, and only after you got the first point in their special skill.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 pm

^ But then you have a special benefit.
The Monk has a buggy benefit with a dual-wielded fist. Don't know how to count that.

I thought you could shove an extra weapon into anybody's equipment.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 am

So, an update. RX_79_V over on the gamefaqs board found out I made an error in my testing somewhere. Multi-hit skills - I've tested Squall Shot and Rune of Storms - can trigger multiple links with link plus, but only around a 50% rate.

Quick tests:
Storms - 3 hits = 1 link. 4 hits = 2 links.
Squal Shot - 5 hits = 2 links. 8 hits = 4 links.

Now we have another option for a link party :-)

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

^ Neato. :3

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Yuuush

So uh, any recommendations for a pre-Mononofu Rune master sub?

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:27 pm

I was a fan of sub-medic - spare heals came in useful, and I even had another full medic in the party. Then again, I think I came out very "endure to win" early in the game with a medic and a fortress.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Looking at some of the skills I'm liking the Imperial class quite a bit, probably due to the references to Yggdroids >.>... Overheating, TP regen, the few included elemental skills although more useful here, the non-elemental damage attacks, and the physically inclined skillset. Hell even the artwork has some references, the gold accents on armor and even golden spikes ...

Yggdroid 2.0 here i come...xD just wish they had helmets or something :/ oh well..shame the subclassing is more limited this time around though..but still wanna try a try an imperial only party for fun..
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

83 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”