Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 am

^ Because snipey-snipey.

Only class that can crit even with the big multihit-skills, right?
Hmm, Shadow Skill could make a lot of hits, though maybe not for the Sniper.

Edit: Power Break and Mind Break. Does the debuff become weaker when its level is higher?
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 am

I think it means that it multiplies the damage by that amount. (In which case it ends up with a 25% reduction.)

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:26 am

Yeah I think that build is pretty solid
the main benefits of Rune/Imperial are Converter, Damage Boost, Finisher, and Wide Effect which all take advantage of the Rune's function of nuking with elemental weaknesses.

But that rage mode on Mononofu looks super tempting as well; especially that automatic rage
Increased attack? yes please.
ability to recover hp/tp by releasing it? *grabbyhands*
Drawbacks to rage mode is the extra stuff consumed :/
Endure is another nice thing I suppose considering the squishyness of classes like the Rune

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:31 am

^ You can take a turn to stop Rage for extra HP/TP, it looks like.

Does Charge work for all kinds of attacks?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:36 pm

The skills are pretty explicit when they only benefit physical (物理) versus attribute (属性) or non-attribute (無属性) attacks. Now that I look at it, Charge specifically says, "次の行動時の自身の物理攻撃力を上昇させる" (Next of your of physical attack is increased). It worked on Frozen Blade in testing, but I forgot that's a compound skill.

I'll update the skill sim to reflect that - good catch. I should have seen that from Gladiator's Charge in EO3.

As to dual wielding, it does allow use of the secondary weapons skills. However, the skills will use that weapon as if it was your primary. If you main hand a mace and off-hand a bow, your Medic/Sniper will use a mace for normal attacks (meaning from the back row she will be unable to target back-row enemies with normal attacks), the mace again for her mace skills, and the secondary bow for her Sniper skills.

As to the Mononofu (which, by the way, means Samurai in one of those linguistic oddities), it appears that they can use the skills that list "Mace only" with their Katanas. My Mononofu can use both Molten Blow and Frozen Blade, even with only a single weapon equipped. Once I get to a point where I can test rapidly, I'll be running through all the true weapons requirements.

In other news, I finally got my Swordsman/Runemaster + Dancer/Assassin combo going. That much fire damage going around made me happy. Side note: the "Symbol of ____" skills do more than just magnify damage - they alter the enemy's resistance stat. That means that if their resistance is pushed past 100%, they're now considered weak against the attribute, and Runic Precision kicks in. I'll add this note to the skill sim as well.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 pm

That... that all is more amazing than I could have ever hoped for.

I want to make a Runemaster/Swordsman.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 pm

What kind of things trigger Link? Only once per skill?

Edit: Huh. Assassin has a passive for accuracy, evasion and speed. Even more accuracy for the Sniper's Squall Shot?
Haze Dance is the only stun I've seen so far. Stuns like multihits and speed.

Stuff like Tempest Sword and Frenzied Strikes sound strong, with the right support.

Healing isn't the only thing that has been spread out. Look at all those parries and dodges. Rune Master and Swordsman are trying to be Protectors.

Are gunblade-skills not weapon-skills?

Edit: Wow, the Assassin's Status Mastery has so many requirements.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 am

Hm, trying to pick out a subclass for my fortress is hard :/

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Okay, continuing answers:

-- Fortress Sub

-- Can I Shadow Blade or Shadow Skill bows?

-- Dancer has two evasive passives? Two classes have the same "Boost"-skill

-- Harvesting

-- Charge Edge for physical attacks like Charge is?

-- When does Dance Mastery activate?

-- Copy to Clipboard isn't working, btw.

-- Edit: There's no elemental immunity. So no instant elemental death boss?

-- What kind of things trigger Link? Only once per skill?

-- Haze Dance is the only stun I've seen so far. Stuns like multihits and speed.

-- Rune Master and Swordsman are trying to be Protectors.

-- Are gunblade-skills not weapon-skills?
Last edited by Natbuk on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Shiiiit, son. Thanks for all the info!

While I'm at it, I have a question: I've never been too clear about the advantage of having someone in the back row. What are the advantages/disadvantages in EO4? Thanks again!

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:15 pm

So the back row has a lower chance to be targeted by many attacks. Terrance or Scy posted the exact math on it somewhere in one of the EO2/3 threads, and I don't trust my memory to give you the exact numbers.

Furthermore, when they ARE targeted (or during AoE attacks), they take reduced physical damage. The number usually thrown around in classic RPGs is 50%, but I'm not sure in EO4.

Downsides are that some skills (Fortress) require being in the front row and weapon ranges. Weapons are either Melee or Ranged (Bows being the only ranged) and skills that use that weapon are (usually) the same. Differences should be noted in the skill description.

Melee weapon users in the front row deal full damage to front row enemies and reduced damage to back-row enemies.

Melee weapon users in the back row deal reduced damage to front row enemies and cannot target back-row enemies.

Ranged weapon users deal full damage to anywhere from anywhere.
Last edited by Natbuk on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:08 pm

^ Thank you, Natbuk. :3

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

83 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”